ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2013, 05:51 PM   #1
exoff-roadgoat OP
Will ride for food
 
exoff-roadgoat's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: W.Meechigan
Oddometer: 4,124
Neale Bayle Rides Peru

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this or if this is the right thread but on the Speed Channel at 9 EST tonight there is a show...Neale Bayle Rides. I believe its on three separate nites. Gotta go set the DVR. Enjoy!
exoff-roadgoat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:24 PM   #2
exoff-roadgoat OP
Will ride for food
 
exoff-roadgoat's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: W.Meechigan
Oddometer: 4,124
Kinda slow going so far. Thank goodness for the DVR.
exoff-roadgoat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #3
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer
 
pbarmy's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Great Black Swamp
Oddometer: 1,818
Set to record.
__________________
"Nostalgia ain't what it once was"
pbarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #4
Uller
Beastly Adventurer
 
Uller's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Arlington, WA
Oddometer: 1,635
Its recording. Thanks for the heads up.
Uller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:13 PM   #5
ADK
____
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Oddometer: 8,040
Boring, I hope the other two shows are an improvement.
ADK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:41 PM   #6
exoff-roadgoat OP
Will ride for food
 
exoff-roadgoat's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: W.Meechigan
Oddometer: 4,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADK View Post
Boring, I hope the other two shows are an improvement.
Amen to that.
exoff-roadgoat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:14 PM   #7
Mossy_Crk
Fallen over
 
Mossy_Crk's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Between the bike and the ground
Oddometer: 622
It found it kinda slow, too. Pretty sure the rank and file ADVrider isn't the target audience. Most folks here are already tuned into the two-wheel travel vibe and have a decent set of overland skills. If it gets more folks involved in motorcycling (or at least a more positive opinion of it) I think it'll be a success. At this point I'd support almost any motorcycle travel show.

I am worried it'll give easy fuel for the Ewan/Charlie Hater Club™ since this trip comes with the support crew needed to produce a prime time professional quality mini-series and had a fairly rigid time constraint. But what can you do?
Mossy_Crk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:37 PM   #8
Uller
Beastly Adventurer
 
Uller's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Arlington, WA
Oddometer: 1,635
Just watching.....it is decent. Bill Conger #188 in the Dakar 2012 is in it as the BMW driving instructor, which is pretty cool... and race related.

It is a BMW sponsored Adv Riding show with 40 to 50 somethings going to Peru on a charity mission. I think it is supposed to ride on the tails of this new, "Feed Your Restless " advertising campaign.

Might be a little more interesting for us if it had more seasoned riders but, then it wouldn't be the same show. (and would be hard to laugh at the gravel segment )

The Dr. is pretty hot though.
Uller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:13 PM   #9
IgoFar
Studly Adventurer
 
IgoFar's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: chesapeake,va.
Oddometer: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uller View Post
Just watching.....it is decent. Bill Conger #188 in the Dakar 2012 is in it as the BMW driving instructor, which is pretty cool... and race related.

It is a BMW sponsored Adv Riding show with 40 to 50 somethings going to Peru on a charity mission. I think it is supposed to ride on the tails of this new, "Feed Your Restless " advertising campaign.

Might be a little more interesting for us if it had more seasoned riders but, then it wouldn't be the same show. (and would be hard to laugh at the gravel segment )

The Dr. is pretty hot though.
It seems they could have found a little bit better riders. The Doc is hot , but I don't think I'd turn her loose in Brazil with those skills.
IgoFar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:44 AM   #10
exoff-roadgoat OP
Will ride for food
 
exoff-roadgoat's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: W.Meechigan
Oddometer: 4,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgoFar View Post
It seems they could have found a little bit better riders. The Doc is hot , but I don't think I'd turn her loose in Brazil with those skills.
She's a paying customer and good for ratings but I lust more for what's in her garage than what's in her trunk.
exoff-roadgoat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:45 PM   #11
ADK
____
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Oddometer: 8,040
Pt2, more
ADK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:22 PM   #12
exoff-roadgoat OP
Will ride for food
 
exoff-roadgoat's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: W.Meechigan
Oddometer: 4,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADK View Post
Pt2, more
Sorry I missed it.
exoff-roadgoat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:36 PM   #13
LC4Dakar
Studly Adventurer
 
LC4Dakar's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: SF Bay Area and Las Cruces, NM
Oddometer: 530
Part 2.
Those are not the tires I would want in that sand.
__________________
Art
1981 Moto Guzzi V50 III
2005 KTM 525 MXC (plated)
1960 Lotus 7 (hey, it's a 4 wheel motorcycle!)
LC4Dakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:39 PM   #14
scootskipper
Motographer
 
scootskipper's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Richmond, VA
Oddometer: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uller View Post
Just watching.....it is decent. Bill Conger #188 in the Dakar 2012 is in it as the BMW driving instructor, which is pretty cool... and race related.

It is a BMW sponsored Adv Riding show with 40 to 50 somethings going to Peru on a charity mission. I think it is supposed to ride on the tails of this new, "Feed Your Restless " advertising campaign.

Might be a little more interesting for us if it had more seasoned riders but, then it wouldn't be the same show. (and would be hard to laugh at the gravel segment )

The Dr. is pretty hot though.
I've been lurking out of curiosity to see what would get said on this forum. I was part of the crew and have been associated with this project since 2009.
This show is the brain child of Neale Bayly. He has been a photo journalist in the motorcycle industry for over a decade. He founded Wellspring International Outreach to raise money for an orphanage in southern Peru. The program has been a dream of his for years. I'm not sure when the seeds were first sown, but I accompanied him in 2009 to ride throughout the country and get a feel for how to go about shooting a TV show with the goal being to raise awareness about the charity. We went on a shoestring budget and hooked up with Flavio Salveti of Inca Moto Adventures. Flavio put us on some old Honda XR600s and we proceeded to cover 3,400 kilometers in ten days of riding. We had a wonderful time and were laughing in our helmets for most of the journey. It has been a long, hard and at times rocky journey for Neale to being this program in to being. It was his great fortune to connect with Emmy winning producer Linda MIdgett. The plot for the show went through a number of iterations before the "reality TV" theme was settled on. The whole idea is to take individuals who are average motorcycle riders completely out of their known comfort zone for a life changing experience. I was part of the work crew in Moquegua and took the photographs of the orphanage, the work being performed and some of the children that are shown in the program. I can tell you that it was a wonderful experience and huge privilege to be there. I hope that people will enjoy the show. I love it, but naturally I'm a bit biased. As far as the tire choice goes, you have no idea what it takes to get BMW or anyone to sponsor a program like this and provide the motorcycles. I had nothing to do with any of that, but I doubt if anyone bothered to haggle about tires.
__________________
"Don't believe everything you think!" (I don't know who said it, but I like it.)
scootskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:00 PM   #15
Uller
Beastly Adventurer
 
Uller's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Arlington, WA
Oddometer: 1,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootskipper View Post
I've been lurking out of curiosity to see what would get said on this forum. I was part of the crew and have been associated with this project since 2009.
This show is the brain child of Neale Bayly. He has been a photo journalist in the motorcycle industry for over a decade. He founded Wellspring International Outreach to raise money for an orphanage in southern Peru. The program has been a dream of his for years. I'm not sure when the seeds were first sown, but I accompanied him in 2009 to ride throughout the country and get a feel for how to go about shooting a TV show with the goal being to raise awareness about the charity. We went on a shoestring budget and hooked up with Flavio Salveti of Inca Moto Adventures. Flavio put us on some old Honda XR600s and we proceeded to cover 3,400 kilometers in ten days of riding. We had a wonderful time and were laughing in our helmets for most of the journey. It has been a long, hard and at times rocky journey for Neale to being this program in to being. It was his great fortune to connect with Emmy winning producer Linda MIdgett. The plot for the show went through a number of iterations before the "reality TV" theme was settled on. The whole idea is to take individuals who are average motorcycle riders completely out of their known comfort zone for a life changing experience. I was part of the work crew in Moquegua and took the photographs of the orphanage, the work being performed and some of the children that are shown in the program. I can tell you that it was a wonderful experience and huge privilege to be there. I hope that people will enjoy the show. I love it, but naturally I'm a bit biased. As far as the tire choice goes, you have no idea what it takes to get BMW or anyone to sponsor a program like this and provide the motorcycles. I had nothing to do with any of that, but I doubt if anyone bothered to haggle about tires.
Oh goodness, you quote my post for what people are saying...

I saw the first response to the 2nd episode yesterday (Pt2, more ) but, just got around to watching it myself. I think I have to disagree with ADK's assessment. It isn't fast paced action, it is a journey and those take time both to do and retell.

I am really liking this show. Yeah, maybe the Racing section isn't the best place for a discussion about it here, due to the content of it but, I think it really is in line with what a lot of this forum is about.

To me, it really is like a very well done Ride Report, done via video, instead of blogging and both Neale and you should be commended for it. I can't even imagine the work that went into putting it together.

I am not normally this guy but, it really was cool to see all the kids running around playing with them. You sometime see it in some RR pictures but, video of it really is inspiring. It will be neat to see the orphanage episode you worked on.

Ok, now heading back into the gutter before I'm off to JM for the evening....Did I possibly mention how good looking the Dr. is??? Don't want to be a spoiler but in #2 they head to the pool after a hard day of riding.......If she ever becomes single, I want a date. Those bikes, those looks, her drive and toughness. I'm in love......

P.S. - Yes, someone should have hooked them up with proper tires for the sand. That was like a cruel prank.
Uller is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014