Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2013, 11:37 AM   #1
Cornbread82 OP
Sir Crash A Lot!

Oddometer: 378
Race For The Wounded

Race For The Wounded (RFTW) is going back to run the 1000 this year. We are working on getting two bikes running for the 1000, one pro and one sportsman. I am also working on getting some wounded vets into trucks. I am working with a team now that is talking about letting a vet navigate for the first part of the race. It seems to be working getting people into helping our wounded get into some good old racing!!

Last year as some of you know we raised over $40,000 for the Wounded Warrior Project. This year we are taking it in a new direction, we are starting our own non profit that will put money raised to help get vets into off road racing. Not only driving but also providing medical coverage, or as part of chase crews. We have also been looking at sending them to mechanical schools in hopes of landing them jobs on teams.

We have also updated our website with a volunteer page if any of you would like to help us out in any way. Being a new non profit we are not sure what we will be needing right now for help, please list your skills and I am sure that we can find something that we will need help on at one point or another.

I would like to thank everyone in the ADV community that has showed us so much support in the last year.
Cornbread82 is offline   Reply With Quote