Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2013, 08:08 AM   #181
MotoMike
Washed Up Desert Racer

Oddometer: 4,981
Raced the RUTS Meltdown 26 this weekend, Saturday it was already in the 90's by 9 am and dead calm Got a bad start and the dust was so bad you just couldn't see. Not sure how I did, maybe 9th or 10th overall, possible 2nd in class.

Sunday it was quite a bit cooler and we started an hour earlier, but still no wind. But this time I had a great start and led it start to finish, 1st OA!
I guess the dust was just as bad, but I didn't have to deal with it

Braaap!

Old 06-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #182
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 10,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMike View Post
Raced the RUTS Meltdown 26 this weekend, Saturday it was already in the 90's by 9 am and dead calm Got a bad start and the dust was so bad you just couldn't see. Not sure how I did, maybe 9th or 10th overall, possible 2nd in class.

Sunday it was quite a bit cooler and we started an hour earlier, but still no wind. But this time I had a great start and led it start to finish, 1st OA!
I guess the dust was just as bad, but I didn't have to deal with it

Braaap!

Jesus, you rode well!

congrats on the OA mIkey.... that's awesome and I know that the RUTS courses are tough.... they dont mess around and they love putting you through all that cross grain stuff. WAY easier to deal with the dust when yer out front eh!??!
Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #183
JonU
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 647
Hey guys, I'm currently trying to figure out how to get into some racing (yes I'll be a novice. I also have a friend who wants to try giving racing a shot. He woud be on an ATV and I'll be on a bike. I realize you guys are out in Southern Cali and Arizona and I'm in El Paso. I'm just curious how often you guys have races around the Imperial Valley area? I'm not from around there but all of my Mom's family lives in that area. It would be a great way to get out and visit them while also getting a chance to try out some racing. I've been looking for something around my neck of the woods, but it appears that the district I would be in doesn't seem to do much (i think it's D20).
JonU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:34 PM   #184
MotoMike
Washed Up Desert Racer

Oddometer: 4,981
These are the guys to talk to. D38 is extreme So Cal...

http://www.amad38.com/
Old 02-11-2014, 11:28 AM   #185
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Oddometer: 3,473
OK, 2014 season is officially under way.

Last weekend I raced 1st GP of the year, Dirt Diggers at Taft. Got 7th out of 18 racers in my Hwt Novice class, and I cannot see how I could have done better. I was really pushing myself, and the guy in front of me still finished almost two minutes ahead. With 1st place in Novice EIGHT minutes faster than me, I think someone may have been sandbagging .

Going to Shane Watt's DirtWise school in two weeks, hopefully I will pick up some skills that will allow me to advance to 6th in the next race :)

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:04 PM   #186
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

awesome man! congrats!!

I love the Taft GP and I was so bummed to miss it. I miss racing so badly.... and its probably going to be at least another year before I Get back out there again!

slide once for me dood
Quote:
Old 03-05-2014, 05:44 PM   #187
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Well, I'm delighted to let you guys know that I had my best result thus far - 3rd in HWT Novice at Round 2 in Glen Helen (out of 20+). I even got a trophy! :)

The race was a little bit of mudfest, but the track layout was awesome, and the fact that the whole course did not have a single jump worked in my favor.

I couldn't get going at the start (electric start advantage my ass) and was last off the line, about 5-7 seconds back. This helped to avoid 1st corner carnage, and I slowly started passing people one by one. It rained a little bit mid race, and I even thought about ditching my goggles because I could not see where I was going. Luckily I still had a couple of tear offs left.

I was really pumped at the finish line, knowing that I did pretty well. I normally get passed by a lot of people from classes that start behind as we always go first. This race was different though, I only got passed by two guys on two smokes, and I kept them in sight for most of the race.

Can you tell I'm proud of my 3rd? Now I have to word towards 2nd. It was about 30 sec in front of me, I know I can pick up the pace a little bit.

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 03-06-2014, 03:53 AM   #188
Tbone
off-ramp slayer

Oddometer: 4,255
Nice ride Motodisiac! Keep racing and the speed will continue to come.
Tbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:37 AM   #189
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodisiac View Post

Can you tell I'm proud of my 3rd? Now I have to word towards 2nd. It was about 30 sec in front of me, I know I can pick up the pace a little bit.
congrats dood!! I super jealous having never managed a trophy. and Glen Helen is SOOOO much fun, I had a blast out there. Did they send you guys through the parking lot again!?

Quote:
Old 03-06-2014, 10:56 AM   #190
roadracer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 334
I entered the not so tuff e nuff enduro yesterday. Looking forward to some desert fun.
roadracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:57 AM   #191
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

It wasn't parking lot this time but pretty long road section where I was bouncing off the rev limiter. I will try to post video soon.

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatpasta View Post
congrats dood!! I super jealous having never managed a trophy. and Glen Helen is SOOOO much fun, I had a blast out there. Did they send you guys through the parking lot again!?

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 03-06-2014, 11:02 AM   #192
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodisiac View Post
It wasn't parking lot this time but pretty long road section where I was bouncing off the rev limiter. I will try to post video soon.

D.
the last time that i raced there, I had just done a SoCal Supermoto class and I had been commuting on my KTM from time to time so I was VERY comfortable on the asphalt, sliding the 525.
Coming out of the dirt and into the parking lot I could hear a race leader coming up behind me and he did EVERYTHING he could to get around me in the parking lot and it was just not happening. I had my slides down pat into the corners and out and I could hear him behind me on what was probably a 450 and he kept hitting his rev limiter. The second we got near the dirt I just moved over because as soon as we touched the dirt he would be gone but it was a good feeling that I was that quick, Supermoto style. I must have picked up 20 spots in the parking lot that race
Quote: