Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2012, 09:04 PM   #16
JeffS77
cheap bastard

Oddometer: 3,322
still watching it about half way threw...this Jonny Walker kids is pretty awesome
JeffS77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:45 PM   #17
tHEtREV OP
Captain Awesome

Oddometer: 7,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno33772 View Post
Who's this Diaz Guy from Mex? He was doing real well.
Why did Birch not race Erzberg this year?
I can't believe Jarvis missed the check point, just an amazing rider.
Didn't they say Birch and Tady (is that his name? The multi time winner) were saving themselfs for Romaniacs?

I thought they would do both, but I don't know any facts...
tHEtREV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:36 PM   #18
JeffS77
cheap bastard

Oddometer: 3,322
I thought Tady was doing an EnduroCross here in the states..KTM must really want that title not to have the golden boy back in Austria doing erzberg.
JeffS77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:54 AM   #19
Aquatic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno33772 View Post
Who's this Diaz Guy from Mex? He was doing real well.
Why did Birch not race Erzberg this year?
I can't believe Jarvis missed the check point, just an amazing rider.

Birch was on the mic. Actually quite cool to get his perspective on the race.
He did say he is on for the Romaniacs this coming weekend
Aquatic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:30 AM   #20
tHEtREV OP
Captain Awesome

Oddometer: 7,482
I thought Birch did a brilliant job as a commentator...

He didn't even sound to much like a Kiwi
tHEtREV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:58 AM   #21
Kamala
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 12,601
Any replays of it available??
Old 06-12-2012, 09:07 AM   #22
mxmum
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamala View Post
Any replays of it available??
If you click on the live link you can still watch it again on demand
mxmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:40 AM   #23
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hausi1 View Post

Graham Jarvis (1st to reach the finish line) and Lettenbichler (3rd) were disqualified due to missing a checkpoint early in the race. But nobody told them till they reached the finish.

That would suck. Considering the difficulty of this event those two should at least be credited with " tied for last".
RedRocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:00 AM   #24
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 18,821
Red Bull....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer
Yep, you can see the trials background in the way he (and most of the top guys now) rides...

Erzberg - "The secret to success": mad/fast off road skills (to banzai the prologue course in order to get on front row start and make time on the faster linking sections of the hare scramble), this combined with trials skills and heaps of stamina/patience (in those boulder/rock slide sections)... and preferably a bike that someone else pay's the repair bills on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Krumpet
I down loaded it, 5 hours worth. Watched it last night & I'm shattered but at least my bike is in one piece. Barbaric pastime but very entertaining. Graham Jarvis, oh dear.. Poor bugger. I think their will be some scores to settle at Romaniacs...

Graham Jarvis' total look of incomprehension when he first got the news at the finish (although the organiser kindly* let him complete the whole course before telling him?... after he apparently "missed" the checkpoint relatively early in proceedings?) was something quite unique to watch. Then the way he took it (resigned to the fact almost)... Shit what a champion/gentleman of the human race (either that or he could not fathom it was really happening?). I'm sure the majority of people in that situation had of thrown a ballistic tantrum of some sort. Jarvis just seemed to take it in stride. Kudos.

*This is the part that I wondered about? Although Jarvis "missed" a checkpoint early on the course... it seems the organiser allowed the situation where he continued to ride the entire route (in the belief he was winning), instead of informing him of the "miss" at the first opportunity? Why? To make a better story/footage and keep some intrigue in the video/for the sponsors? It may well be that had Jarvis been informed at an appropriate point in time, he could have returned to the miss check, or perhaps he would have pulled out (if no chance of victory), or choose to continue and prove a point (as was ultimately the case).

As it turned out, he rode the whole course, only to have the news dumped on him AFTER approaching the finish line (he never took the checkered flag). In contrast - Johnny Walker (who was running second on the track and eventual winner), was informed of the situation (presumably by one of his "spotters") out on course and continued unflustered... knowing that he DID NOT have to chase down Jarvis. Now that's not a "fair" playing field?

To my mind... the organisers "used" Jarvis to a certain extent... One could say that the "organ grinder" made the monkey dance all day... and then withheld the peanuts at the end?

One can imagine that GJ could very well be a force to be reckoned come Romaniacs time...

"What ees all 'zis f5uss
fuss about...?"
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:57 AM   #25
Aquatic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer
Yep, you can see the trials background in the way he (and most of the top guys now) rides...

Erzberg - "The secret to success": mad/fast off road skills (to banzai the prologue course in order to get on front row start and make time on the faster linking sections of the hare scramble), this combined with trials skills and heaps of stamina/patience (in those boulder/rock slide sections)... and preferably a bike that someone else pay's the repair bills on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Krumpet
I down loaded it, 5 hours worth. Watched it last night & I'm shattered but at least my bike is in one piece. Barbaric pastime but very entertaining. Graham Jarvis, oh dear.. Poor bugger. I think their will be some scores to settle at Romaniacs...

Graham Jarvis' total look of incomprehension when he first got the news at the finish (although the organiser kindly* let him complete the whole course before telling him?... after he apparently "missed" the checkpoint relatively early in proceedings?) was something quite unique to watch. Then the way he took it (resigned to the fact almost)... Shit what a champion/gentleman of the human race (either that or he could not fathom it was really happening?). I'm sure the majority of people in that situation had of thrown a ballistic tantrum of some sort. Jarvis just seemed to take it in stride. Kudos.

*This is the part that I wondered about? Although Jarvis "missed" a checkpoint early on the course... it seems the organiser allowed the situation where he continued to ride the entire route (in the belief he was winning), instead of informing him of the "miss" at the first opportunity? Why? To make a better story/footage and keep some intrigue in the video/for the sponsors? It may well be that had Jarvis been informed at an appropriate point in time, he could have returned to the miss check, or perhaps he would have pulled out (if no chance of victory), or choose to continue and prove a point (as was ultimately the case).

As it turned out, he rode the whole course, only to have the news dumped on him AFTER approaching the finish line (he never took the checkered flag). In contrast - Johnny Walker (who was running second on the track and eventual winner), was informed of the situation (presumably by one of his "spotters") out on course and continued unflustered... knowing that he DID NOT have to chase down Jarvis. Now that's not a "fair" playing field?

To my mind... the organisers "used" Jarvis to a certain extent... One could say that the "organ grinder" made the monkey dance all day... and then withheld the peanuts at the end?

One can imagine that GJ could very well be a force to be reckoned come Romaniacs time...

I saw Letti cross the line in 3rd. He was also "lost" when he heard. My german is non existant, but the "Only NOW!" didn't need an interperator!

Extremely poor organising!
But as you say, it did create good riding from the best.
Aquatic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:11 AM   #26
YOGOI
Prick

Oddometer: 3,454
The racers mentioned that the spotters and the people at the check points were always giving them updates through out the race.
I bet they had heard they were disqualified from at least some one. These guys are there for the challenge and want to put in a good finish (even if its not official). And its probably not smart to quit based on what a spotter said. Getting the "official" news at the end, is a devastating blow, weather you expected it or not.
They get the cake, just not the icing on top. If only all the pro athletes had that kind of integrity and loved their sport more than money.

04 950 GO!!!!! 2011 250 XC 89 Transalp 69 350 CL 04 225 XT

08 450 XC-F SOLD to a good home
YOGOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:48 PM   #27
Hausi1
asd

Oddometer: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOGOI View Post
The racers mentioned that the spotters and the people at the check points were always giving them updates through out the race.
I bet they had heard they were disqualified from at least some one. These guys are there for the challenge and want to put in a good finish (even if its not official). And its probably not smart to quit based on what a spotter said. Getting the "official" news at the end, is a devastating blow, weather you expected it or not.
They get the cake, just not the icing on top. If only all the pro athletes had that kind of integrity and loved their sport more than money.
I don't think that's the case. From the look on their faces, they really didn't know.
Hausi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:38 PM   #28
FINNDIAN
Mine goes to 11

Oddometer: 1,742
Bummer. can't find the video anymore. Only got to finish watching half of it
The more side roads you stop to explore, the less likely that life will pass you by. ~Robert Brault. 2004 KTM 950 S GO!!!!(Blacked out),03 Beta Rev3, 1973 Rokon Trailbreaker 2x2, 1999 Intruder 1500, 08 Aprilia rxv450, 90 DRBIG 800,79GS850
Ride Reports
FINNDIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:47 AM   #29
YOGOI
Prick

Oddometer: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINNDIAN View Post
Bummer. can't find the video anymore. Only got to finish watching half of it
You some how pulled up the old 2012 Thread. It through me off too.
Here is what your looking for.

http://live.redbull.tv/events/203/re...erzberg-rodeo/

04 950 GO!!!!! 2011 250 XC 89 Transalp 69 350 CL 04 225 XT

08 450 XC-F SOLD to a good home
YOGOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:56 PM   #30
FINNDIAN
Mine goes to 11

Oddometer: 1,742
YOU just made my day YOGOI!

Thanks for the link. I didn't notice the date on the thread lol. Wonder how I came across that??
The more side roads you stop to explore, the less likely that life will pass you by. ~Robert Brault. 2004 KTM 950 S GO!!!!(Blacked out),03 Beta Rev3, 1973 Rokon Trailbreaker 2x2, 1999 Intruder 1500, 08 Aprilia rxv450, 90 DRBIG 800,79GS850
Ride Reports
FINNDIAN is offline   Reply With Quote