Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2013, 11:29 PM   #16
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kropotkin View Post
Rossi off the podium, and the first step on the road to announcing his retirement at the end of the year.

I really do hope, that he proves you wrong on this one. Would hate to see him go out like this, but he said it himself at the end of last year, that if he finds himself stuck on 5th or 6th place on the M1, then it is time to quit.

Heīs shown more potential than actual results lately. Qualifying better than 3rd row would be the first step in the right direction, and Rossi probably knows that fully well by now.
Pecha72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:45 AM   #17
advNZer?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72 View Post
I really do hope, that he proves you wrong on this one. Would hate to see him go out like this, but he said it himself at the end of last year, that if he finds himself stuck on 5th or 6th place on the M1, then it is time to quit.

Heīs shown more potential than actual results lately. Qualifying better than 3rd row would be the first step in the right direction, and Rossi probably knows that fully well by now.
he is up against it though,cos the three amigos are not only consistently fast they are able to reel of some very fast laps exactly when required
Old 06-11-2013, 04:01 AM   #18
Kropotkin
Big Girl's Blouse

Oddometer: 7,111
Quote:
I hope I'm wrong too. But the more I look at his results, including qualifying and practice, the less room there is for extenuating circumstances. Right now, Rossi is a couple of tenths slower than the three Spaniards, and struggling to match Crutchlow's pace. That's not the Rossi I want to remember. I'd rather remember him as he was from 2000-2009.

He should go to WSBK and clean up, that would give both series a chance to rejuvenate and reinvent themselves.
Kropotkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:24 AM   #19
advNZer?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,697
Quote:
I hope I'm wrong too. But the more I look at his results, including qualifying and practice, the less room there is for extenuating circumstances. Right now, Rossi is a couple of tenths slower than the three Spaniards, and struggling to match Crutchlow's pace. That's not the Rossi I want to remember. I'd rather remember him as he was from 2000-2009.

He should go to WSBK and clean up, that would give both series a chance to rejuvenate and reinvent themselves.
but what say he went there and didnt clean up.....
Old 06-11-2013, 04:34 AM   #20
Kropotkin
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by advNZer? View Post
but what say he went there and didnt clean up.....
There is no doubt in my mind that he would thump the WSBK field in the same way he used to thump the MotoGP field. The disparity in rider talent is clear enough.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:39 AM   #21
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Have to agree Rossi is in the ropes right now. The Spanish Armada is away from his reach, and CC is way too close for comfort. As if thatīs not enough, heīs had some bad luck coming his way, too.

But it is the mark of a great champion, to be able to come back after all the difficulties. First round in Qatar he showed, that he can in fact still run with them, and that was only a couple months ago, so now he just needs things to start clicking like that once again. Except qualifying, for which he needs a complete turnaround.

So yeah, a lot of work to do, a lot of pressure to perform once again, but I donīt think heīs gonna give in.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:02 AM   #22
Kropotkin
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Have to agree Rossi is in the ropes right now. The Spanish Armada is away from his reach, and CC is way too close for comfort. As if thatīs not enough, heīs had some bad luck coming his way, too.

But it is the mark of a great champion, to be able to come back after all the difficulties. First round in Qatar he showed, that he can in fact still run with them, and that was only a couple months ago, so now he just needs things to start clicking like that once again. Except qualifying, for which he needs a complete turnaround.

So yeah, a lot of work to do, a lot of pressure to perform once again, but I donīt think heīs gonna give in.

I'm not so sure Qatar was proof Rossi was back on form. The Yamahas were working well, Pedrosa was taken out of the equation by a set up problem, and it was Marc Marquez' first ever MotoGP race. And Marquez made Rossi work to get past him. Rossi finished six seconds behind his teammate. Qatar was a great race to watch, but in hindsight, his results may have been flattered by circumstances.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:57 AM   #23
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Well, if we go down the "if" and "but" route.. what if Rossi didnīt have brake issues in Texas, what if he didnīt screw up in the wet at Le Mans, what if he wasnīt occupying the exact same piece of track, that Bautista wanted in the last round...?

But thereīs no denying heīs in trouble. If he doesnīt beat JLo this weekend, heīll be 0-6 to his teammate (and frankly, beating JLo, unless something weird happens, does appear quite distant at the moment). Barcelona is one of Rossiīs strong tracks, though, so it should not stand betweeen him and a decent result. He desperately needs that right now.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:45 AM   #24
Parx400
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,444
Quote:
There is no doubt in my mind that he would thump the WSBK field in the same way he used to thump the MotoGP field. The disparity in rider talent is clear enough.
I would love to see Rossi and Hayden head over to WSBK now. It would really make for some good racing. Their time in GP has come and gone.

Who would Rossi ride for if he went to WSBK? would Yamaha bring back a Factory team for him?
Parx400 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:19 AM   #25
Kropotkin
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parx400 View Post
I would love to see Rossi and Hayden head over to WSBK now. It would really make for some good racing. Their time in GP has come and gone.

Who would Rossi ride for if he went to WSBK? would Yamaha bring back a Factory team for him?
Yamaha will be announcing their brand new 2014 YZF R1 very soon...
Old 06-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #26
sprocketjock
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 775
Rossi and Hayden in WSBK would be tits to see. I really hope WSBK will offer an online subscription like GP does. I know it's very likely that Nicky will be in SBK next season but isn't Rossi on a 2 year contract for GP? Or is there some hidden fine print that would let him opt out to leave after 1 year?
sprocketjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:13 AM   #27
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,103
Quote:
Yamaha will be announcing their brand new 2014 YZF R1 very soon...
God willing based off their new triple.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=46
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:28 AM   #28
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperbikemike View Post
You're actually Frank Melling, aren't you?

That author still suggesting a possible Stoner/Ducati reunion.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:35 AM   #29
Kropotkin
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
God willing based off their new triple.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=46
It's not going to be a triple, it'll be an inline four, as I understand it.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:15 AM   #30
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,362
Quote:
It's not going to be a triple, it'll be an inline four, as I understand it.
I thought the sport bike market is DITW.

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote