Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #196
nachtflug OP
infidel

Oddometer: 46,149
Below is a statement sent to 22News from the Southwick American Legion Post 338 Executive Board:

We were saddened and disappointed to read in various news reports that our contract negations with Motocross 338 had fallen through. In our last contact with Motocross 338 they said they were going to get back to us either after the Nationals event or by the end of their racing season. We believed that they were negotiating with the town of Southwick for the necessary permits and with MX Sports for a contract renewal. So to find out that we were at an impasse was a surprise to say the least. We had heard rumors, but we were never contacted.

American Legion Post 338 is committed to two things. First, we want to provide as much support to area veterans as possible. Secondly, we want to continue to maintain our track as an area where people can enjoy motocross. In line with that, we will immediately begin to contact people to run the track starting next year and for the foreseeable future. We will endeavor to ensure that this will continue to be a place where people can enjoy motocross, both as a participant and a spectator.

As far as running the Nationals in Southwick next year we will do everything we can to maintain it at our track. After we hire someone to manage the track we will find out who has control over where the event will take place, be that MX Sports or Motocross 338, and see what can be done to hold the event in Southwick. We feel it is important for the people of Southwick and motocross fans in the area that motocross is available at our track and we will do whatever we can to keep it that way.
nachtflug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #197
nachtflug OP
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailing Jack View Post
Decided on a complete whim to ride down there in the morning.

I'll try to get some decent (cell phone) pix.

Would have been good to see ya again, Scott.
now you tell me...

I'm all over Budds Creek!
Old 06-08-2013, 07:34 PM   #198
IgoFar
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
Below is a statement sent to 22News from the Southwick American Legion Post 338 Executive Board:

We were saddened and disappointed to read in various news reports that our contract negations with Motocross 338 had fallen through. In our last contact with Motocross 338 they said they were going to get back to us either after the Nationals event or by the end of their racing season. We believed that they were negotiating with the town of Southwick for the necessary permits and with MX Sports for a contract renewal. So to find out that we were at an impasse was a surprise to say the least. We had heard rumors, but we were never contacted.

American Legion Post 338 is committed to two things. First, we want to provide as much support to area veterans as possible. Secondly, we want to continue to maintain our track as an area where people can enjoy motocross. In line with that, we will immediately begin to contact people to run the track starting next year and for the foreseeable future. We will endeavor to ensure that this will continue to be a place where people can enjoy motocross, both as a participant and a spectator.

As far as running the Nationals in Southwick next year we will do everything we can to maintain it at our track. After we hire someone to manage the track we will find out who has control over where the event will take place, be that MX Sports or Motocross 338, and see what can be done to hold the event in Southwick. We feel it is important for the people of Southwick and motocross fans in the area that motocross is available at our track and we will do whatever we can to keep it that way.
I hope they can work something out, either way, I'll be there on the 29th.
IgoFar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:15 PM   #199
GotMojo?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvangel View Post
Villapoto is amazing, don't know why I don't like him? When Ricky was doing this he was a fan favorite, Ryan just seems so plain? The boy can ride though!

Track is very sketchy, ruts are very deep and sharp for the first moto!
Going to by rough by the last moto!
Ya, RV is an amazing rider, but doesn't seem to have the charisma of some of the other past champions. Even Bubba, although awkward at times, could be a good interview, but RV is sorta boring. He seems to be all business.... maybe that's the way you've gotta be these days as competitive as it is. Dungey is very similar... same canned answers in the post race interviews. I guess those two guys like to let their riding speak for itself.
GotMojo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:17 PM   #200
GotMojo?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,103
Damn, the last few years, Bubba cannot catch a break. Today he's finally leading a moto, and his freaking front brake rotor fails? If he doesn't crash, something happens to his bike. The guy has got to be frustrated beyond belief. I was hoping for a nice battle with RV, but as soon as RV went for the pass, JS's front wheel decides to lock up.
GotMojo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #201
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,818
Well I for one thought Dungey's conditioning would help him prevail in the second motos.I was wrong,Villopoto should be on a perfect season run.His conditioning is second to none and the Kawasaki is a superior machine.Still dont like the guy either.Hey hell of a 250 moto tho!
Old 06-09-2013, 07:56 PM   #202
anotherguy
Banned

Oddometer: 6,212
Well I have a computer full of RAW/NEF images I can't do anything but look at. My iMac is an old G5 as is my Adobe CS suite. I need a new computer but no cash. Oh well I did shoot a couple rolls of film. I'll get 'em developed and post some scans.
anotherguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:36 AM   #203
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarmy View Post
Well I for one thought Dungey's conditioning would help him prevail in the second motos.I was wrong,Villopoto should be on a perfect season run.His conditioning is second to none and the Kawasaki is a superior machine.Still dont like the guy either.Hey hell of a 250 moto tho!
Its early times,anything can happen.

Dungey could get a start and go faster.............. Stewart could stop crashing and having breakdowns.

Ryan.V is just a racer,he lives to win and leaves it at that.

Dungey could do Milk commercials after his racing career.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:38 AM   #204
Foot dragger
singletracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
Robby Marshall was riding a KTM 250 SX in the 450 class this past weekend and qualified inside the top 20.
I wonder if a 250 4 stroke could qualify in a field of more modern 450 2 strokes?
Old 06-10-2013, 09:43 AM   #205
Foot dragger
singletracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by burque magoo View Post
mega muddy at High Point, here's the 450 qualifying results:

450 Class Combined Qualifying Times
1. Ryan Villopoto, 2:13.451
2. Ryan Dungey, 2:15.055
3. Broc Tickle, 2:15.845
4. James Stewart, 2:16.444
5. Ryan Sipes, 2:16.878
6. Tyla Rattray, 2:16.990
7. Mike Alessi, 2:17.584
8. Trey Canard, 2:17.938
9. Justin Brayton, 2:18.165
10. Jake Weimer, 2:18.559
Man! You watch Moto-GP and its thousandths or tenths of a second differences in qualifying many times.
Weimer is 5 seconds slower in 10th???????????

5 seconds and he has a full boat ride still............. Maybe needs to ride his bicycle more and harder.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #206
IgoFar
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarmy View Post
I was watching Villopoto at Muddy Creek. The guy has such a smooth and effortless riding style, it looks like he's not even working at it, but everyone else is busting their asses trying to keep up. Barcia stayed with him for a little while, but Villopoto just wore him down. The rest of the field has a lot of work to do to beat this guy.
IgoFar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:13 PM   #207
nachtflug OP
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotMojo? View Post
Dungey is very similar... same canned answers in the post race interviews.
I don't see them as similar. Don't forget these guys have to muck through these interviews being conducted by a some pretty lame people asking some pretty lame questions. Week after week. It's probably easier for them to just take the high road.

Saturday at High Point on TV the girl asks Barcia before moto 2, "what do you have to do to beat RV?"

Barcia's tongue in cheek answer - "ride faster" Ask a stupid question get a stupid answer.

Back to Dungey, I saw him "work the room" at the Dallas SX on Thursday night at a lackluster poorly attended Red Bull promo in a sports bar and he went from table to table and really did a nice job engaging each group of people. In my book the guy has impeccable communication skills and I felt that way before seeing him in person.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:05 AM   #208
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 13,629
Both the GOAT and RV train with Aldon Baker.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:29 AM   #209
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro0125 View Post
Old 06-11-2013, 10:29 AM   #210
nachtflug OP
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro0125 View Post
must be nice making 6 figures to go bicycle riding.