Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2013, 08:59 AM   #61
Yellow Pig
Allergic to Asphalt!

Oddometer: 6,971
Here is how I did mine. I had a mounting bracket from a wrecked 8" race light I adapted to the squadron. I had the first version before they offered the KTM mask.

This pulls the mask a bit further from the triple giving you more room for the wiring and the speedo, plus it makes the light more adjustable for aiming.

The white box is the dimmer.

BD eventually sent me the KTM mask:
Old 06-11-2013, 09:35 AM   #62
unaweep
Uses lotsa band-aids

Oddometer: 17,475
That's gotta be the smallest Super Enduro I've ever seen!

unaweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:04 PM   #63
Baja Designs
Baja Designs

Oddometer: 507
Hey Everyone,
We need your help with pictures and lots of them! The Baja Designs marketing team is in need of your best adventure bike pictures utilizing Baja Designs LED lights. We have been searching the forums and ADV rider always has the greatest adventure photos imaginable. If you guys could please provide your favorite photos in high-res, the BD team would really appreciate it. All photography chosen by Baja Designs will be awarded a 20% discount and t-shirt. Please let us know if you have any questions and we look forward to seeing your awesome pictures!

Please email to mike@bajadesigns.com

Thanks
Mike
BD
Like our facebook page for all the latest BD news:https://www.facebook.com/BajaDesigns...gy?ref=tn_tnmn
Baja Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #64
BillyD
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 634
How Bright is Too Bright?

I have Rigids on my 990 and love them. They are interlocked with my stock high beam.

When I'm fully lit with both aux lights and the high beam (not "Jim Beam"), it's like day time.

The issue, however, is once my eyes have adjusted to the elevated light level and then have to switch to low beam because of oncoming traffic, my night vision at the low beam light level leaves much to be desired.

So, be mindful of throwing too much light on high beam if you also need to run on low beam.

I also like having the Rigids mounted on the lower triple clamp so they turn with the wheel while the stock headlight stays fixed. This is particularly useful on very twisty back country roads. More protected too with less risk of damage to the fairings in the event of tip-over.

The Squadrons look nice, but very pricey until one considers the wiring harness, relays and switch are included. If they threw in a Skeen control, then that would be compelling.

KTM '08 690 RFR, '08 990Adv S (carbs), '07 640Adv, '03 540EXC, Ducati 851, Moto Guzzi 850 Lemans, Ercole & 2VT and Yamaha RD350.

BillyD screwed with this post 07-10-2013 at 09:34 PM
BillyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:02 PM   #65
pfdskipper
Westside Trash

Oddometer: 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozimick View Post
Hey fellas
I want to order one of the adventure bike kits BD advertise on their website but does anyone know what spec the kits come in. Spot ? driving? wide cornering? or flood ?
I cant see an option anywhere when ordering to choose, so maybe its a lucky dip ? Maybe its there somewhere and I am just stupid and can't see it ? Do I just need to order individual lights instead and make up my own harness etc to ensure I get my preferred beam spread?
I emailed them twice but seems they dont return emails , as I have had no response .
Send an email to Baja Designs, mike@bajadesigns.com (the one shown in his sig line). He will help you get the right set-up/configuration, and your advrider discount as well.

As an fyi, during the website check-out process you can specify your preferences in the comments section after you register your info...
pfdskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #66
Baja Designs
Baja Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozimick View Post
Hey fellas
I want to order one of the adventure bike kits BD advertise on their website but does anyone know what spec the kits come in. Spot ? driving? wide cornering? or flood ?
I cant see an option anywhere when ordering to choose, so maybe its a lucky dip ? Maybe its there somewhere and I am just stupid and can't see it ? Do I just need to order individual lights instead and make up my own harness etc to ensure I get my preferred beam spread?
I emailed them twice but seems they dont return emails , as I have had no response .
We can put the Adventure bike together with whichever beam pattern you prefer. Most guys run two driving combo patterns
Like our facebook page for all the latest BD news:https://www.facebook.com/BajaDesigns...gy?ref=tn_tnmn
Old 01-29-2014, 03:17 AM   #67
rmhrc628
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,339
Any news on squadron upgrade?

I have one of the first ones to come out.

I note the dimmer has also changed?

Also what is the diff between squadron and xlr squadron?

Finally do you sell a lens protector?
rmhrc628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:57 AM   #68
Baja Designs
Baja Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhrc628 View Post
Any news on squadron upgrade?

I have one of the first ones to come out.

I note the dimmer has also changed?

Also what is the diff between squadron and xlr squadron?

Finally do you sell a lens protector?
We have upgraded the original Squadron with new LED's to boost the lumen count from 3600 to 4300. In addition to the new LED's, we now include a new technology called MoistureBlock, which prevents water from traveling through the power-cord and into the light, regardless if you use our connector or cut it off to use another. And yes we have switch to the a Skene dimmerbox, which is much more durable and reliable than our original dimmerbox. Hope this information helps and thanks again for the question- Christian

Old 01-29-2014, 01:01 PM   #69
rmhrc628
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Designs View Post
We have upgraded the original Squadron with new LED's to boost the lumen count from 3600 to 4300. In addition to the new LED's, we now include a new technology called MoistureBlock, which prevents water from traveling through the power-cord and into the light, regardless if you use our connector or cut it off to use another. And yes we have switch to the a Skene dimmerbox, which is much more durable and reliable than our original dimmerbox. Hope this information helps and thanks again for the question- Christian

What's the diff between the squadron and squadron xlr?

Do you sell covers to protect from being smashed by rocks?
Old 01-29-2014, 01:15 PM   #70
Baja Designs
Baja Designs

Quote:
What's the diff between the squadron and squadron xlr?

Do you sell covers to protect from being smashed by rocks?
My apologies, the main difference between the Squadron XL and XL-R and the original Squadron are the reflectors. The Squadron XL and XL-R are high-speed LED which allows, with the help from a larger high-speed reflector, a longer beam of light than the original Squadron. The R in XL-R just stands for the round bezel on the front of the light. And we do not offer a rock guard for the Squadron LED. Let me know if there is anything else I can do.- Christian
Old 01-29-2014, 01:18 PM   #71
rmhrc628
Beastly Adventurer

That's cool thanks Christian
Old 01-29-2014, 01:20 PM   #72
rmhrc628
Beastly Adventurer

Is the overall size the same on all the squadrons?
Old 01-30-2014, 10:43 AM   #73
Baja Designs
Baja Designs

Quote:
Is the overall size the same on all the squadrons?
The Squadron XL and XL-R are the same size, besides the front bezels. The original Squadron is 3 times smaller than the XL and XL-R. Here are some side by side photos of the two Squadrons:

Let me know if you have anymore questions, thanks for your interest in our products- Christian
Old 01-30-2014, 04:38 PM   #74
rmhrc628
Beastly Adventurer

Wholly shit the small squadron is tiny!!!!!
Old 01-30-2014, 05:56 PM   #75
Bad_Weather
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
I'm looking at the 8" ONX to mount under the headlight of my 990 is that the best light choice ? Or would I be better off with two SII's?

Also couldn't find dimensions for the ONX (height x depth)

Thanks.......