User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2012, 07:20 PM   #1
ShoelessJoe OP
DefromisSedSupendium

Oddometer: 108
RTT stabilizer troubles

Should have listened more closely to reviews here, but my cheapness got a hold of me and I ordered a scratch and dent model direct from RTT.

So the thing showed up after much haggling and prodding on the the phone.
1. Top clamp was spray painted black and thrown in the box. The packing material was stuck to it due to the fresh/half assed paint job.
2. Covered in oil from the remote adjuster to the damper itself. Cleaned it up, let it sit and guess what...more oil seeping out.
3. No bracket for the key lock,

Emailed the company, was told send it back and we will make everything right...sorry this happened...it was pressure tested.....bla bla bla.

Got it back yesterday......
1. Key lock mount was installed, but there was no hardware to re-install it. Key lock will not fit without modification.
2. Covered in oil again, cleaned it off and low and behold it is still seeping oil. I will not call it leaking, but every time I leave it sit for a few hours oil re-appears. The pic below is after letting it sit for eight hours.

Any RTT owners out there who can tell me if this normal for a new one?

Oh, and I am a dumb ass for giving away my Scotts with the sale of my dirt bike
ShoelessJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:11 PM   #2
azcagiva
new orange flavor

Oddometer: 1,134
I have one and it leaks too. Not real happy with mine either. I just get used to oil on the bike, oh and on me too.

-John

www.Raceforthewounded.com
azcagiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:38 AM   #3
Elmer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 171
I had one mounted on a KTM EXC 400. Leaked. Sold bike. (Not because of the RTT)

On my new KTM 450 XCW I have a Scotts. I have a Scotts on the 950 Adventure after having the RTT on the EXC.

The RTT is a great idea, sure wish Scotts would offer one.

Davin

Ducati 900SS / Yamaha YZ250F / KTM 450 XCW Six Days / KTM 950 Adventure / Polaris 500 EFI / Yamaha YZ 250F
Elmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:55 AM   #4
spencergt66
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 639
Still MIA

Getting a straight answer out of these people is like pulling teeth. I sent mine in to have the clamp changed and resealed. I bought it used. I found out it was for an adventure so the clamp would not work for an SE. I paid them for the work almost a month ago. I have yet to see my clamp.... I was also told it was shipped 3 different times what a joke.... If your swamped or out of town fine tell me I understand don't lie... I finally got a so called tracking # but USPS says its no good so I think I'll be lucky if I ever see this thing again...pretty pissed
spencergt66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:05 AM   #5
spencergt66
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoelessJoe View Post
Should have listened more closely to reviews here, but my cheapness got a hold of me and I ordered a scratch and dent model direct from RTT.

So the thing showed up after much haggling and prodding on the the phone.
1. Top clamp was spray painted black and thrown in the box. The packing material was stuck to it due to the fresh/half assed paint job.
2. Covered in oil from the remote adjuster to the damper itself. Cleaned it up, let it sit and guess what...more oil seeping out.
3. No bracket for the key lock,

Emailed the company, was told send it back and we will make everything right...sorry this happened...it was pressure tested.....bla bla bla.

Got it back yesterday......
1. Key lock mount was installed, but there was no hardware to re-install it. Key lock will not fit without modification.
2. Covered in oil again, cleaned it off and low and behold it is still seeping oil. I will not call it leaking, but every time I leave it sit for a few hours oil re-appears. The pic below is after letting it sit for eight hours.

Any RTT owners out there who can tell me if this normal for a new one?

Oh, and I am a dumb ass for giving away my Scotts with the sale of my dirt bike

Is your for an adventure? I wonder if they took all the crap from mine and sold it to you
Old 08-06-2012, 05:49 PM   #6
spencergt66
Studly Adventurer

It showed up

Well mine showed up Looks pretty sweet but IDK I think im going to put it up for sale due to fitment issues with the safari tank

spencergt66 screwed with this post 08-06-2012 at 06:08 PM
Old 08-07-2012, 05:30 AM   #7
ShoelessJoe OP
DefromisSedSupendium

Oddometer: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencergt66 View Post
Well mine showed up Looks pretty sweet but IDK I think im going to put it up for sale due to fitment issues with the safari tank
I left dozens of voicemails with no response, texting them works out pretty well. Same issue with the shipping, said it was shipped, but it wasn't. A little over two months to get the final product.

Stabilizer works well, but I do not recommend this company.
ShoelessJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:35 AM   #8
spencergt66
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelessjoe View Post
i left dozens of voicemails with no response, texting them works out pretty well. Same issue with the shipping, said it was shipped, but it wasn't. A little over two months to get the final product.

Stabilizer works well, but i do not recommend this company.

+1
Old 08-07-2012, 05:52 PM   #9
azcagiva
new orange flavor

Oddometer: 1,134
From what I understand it is a small shop in Lake Havasu, AZ. I don't think he has more than a few employees. It was 125*f there today so I think he may be a little slow in the summer.

-John

www.Raceforthewounded.com
azcagiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:02 AM   #10
desert_dave
n00b

Oddometer: 5
rtt stabilizer

Just found this thread 3 weeks to late. I to ordered from them and have yet to see a product. To make matters worse i cant even get a call back or response to my e-mail. A friend had this setup on his bike and the idea was great. I went with it because i put crf forks on my xr400 and nobody makes a kit for it. Its sad to see a company that has great potential pissing it away. I wish them the best of luck. In the meantime i bought a scotts and a brp submount.
desert_dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:39 AM   #11
DesertSurfer
Tail sprayin

Oddometer: 1,217
Great idea... but reliability... not so much...

I went through this years ago too. I'm on my 2nd RTT for my 950. They weep. My current one weeps very intermittently. I love how it's works for me, very easy to switch while on the trail. It's saved my butt and made some bad situations pretty fun. But in the long run, a Scotts on a BRP would be my recommendation. Either way, all manufacturers suggest replacing fluids yearly, and seal replacement every two.

Robert at RTT means well. He's a one man show, and I think building the SS'rs is his 2nd job, so he's spread pretty thin. They always get back to their customers but require patience.

Good luck.