Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2013, 10:47 AM   #1
Gliga OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Wicked Balkan adventure tours

Hi there adventure riders.

I'm trying to start off-road motorcycle touring company in Balkan peninsula, BALKAN ADVENTURE TOURS. Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Serbia... Countries still mostly unknown to adventure touring circles. That's exactly what we're trying to change

Our tours are routed trough unspoiled nature regions, as far away from urban centers as possible. Vast majority of off-road riding is on regular gravel and dirt roads, suitable for all dual sport bikes. Some tours have several short technical sections, just to keep thing interesting.

Prime focus of our tours is on seeing natural beauty of this region. National Parks, mountains, alpine lakes, lush forests, you'll see them all... For that reason riding pace is relaxed with frequent photo stops.

We can offer anything from short three days, to a full blown twelve riding days tours. Our tours are guided and unsupported (each rider has to carry his/her own luggage, tools etc.). Self guided and custom tours are available on request, contact us with your wishes and ideas and we'll do our best to make you happy. Accommodation is in hotels or private guesthouses. For organized groups there is possibility to organize camping trip.

For more details regarding available tours, dates and pricing please visit our website at:
www.balkanadvtours.com

Now, time for an ADVrider.com special offer:
10% discount on all listed prices from our website. This discount can be combined with other discounts currently available.

One time, advrider.com only offer for this season:
Be part of our promotional tour, starting July 4 2013 in Sarajevo, capital city of Bosnia and Herzegovina. We'll provide routes and guides for free, you pay for your own accommodation, food and other personal expenses. If group prefers this to be a camping trip (our recommendation, definitely) then you'll have almost no other expenses than food and fuel. We can provide free tent space or accommodation in Sarajevo for this group. I know it's kind of a last minute notice...

Think about this idea for a while. If it sounds interesting to you or you want more details feel free to contact me, either here on advrider through a PM or shoot me an email before June 25 at:
info @ balkanadvtours.com

And, just to give you a glimpse at what's waiting for you...

Old 06-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #2
traveltoad
Aaron S

Oddometer: 6,638
How hard is it to ship a bike there for a tour?

For those wanting hotels... are there nice hotels available?
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:48 AM   #3
Gliga OP
Gnarly Adventurer

To be honest with you I have no idea about that process. RTWDoug has shipped his bikes to Europe on several occassions so maybe he could give you some info. Your best bet is to contact some shipping agent in USA.

Your options are to ship a bike to a port on Adriatic coast in Croatia, Ploce or Rijeka (that would bring you very close to starting point, a short day of riding. However, I don't know if that's possible or how long would it cost as these are relatively minor ports...) or to ship a bike to Rotterdam or some other large European port but then you'll have to ride across most of Europe to get here... Either way it's time consuming and expensive, especially if you're not planning to take a longer trip in this region.

Unfortunately we can't offer bike rentals any time soon but that would be perfect options for riders from far-away.

EDIT:
Regarding hotels:
As I stated in first post these tours are going mostly trough touristically undeveloped regions. Nice (really nice 4 or 5*) hotels are extremely rare in those parts... Accent is heavily on natural beauty, not on luxury. It would be possible to find/organize better hotel accommodation for some days, not all, but that would require serious alteration to routes which would be a shame... I could do that for a larger organized group but that would take some time.

However, I can assure you there is nothing wrong with guesthouses where we have planned accommodation. These are small, family own businesses where every guest is appreciated. Home made food and clean, usually new, rooms are norm. Single bed rooms should be available per request for most nights (sometimes there is only one accommodation option in region. At times like that we simply can't choose...)

Gliga screwed with this post 06-11-2013 at 12:15 PM
Gliga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:35 AM   #4
Gliga OP
Gnarly Adventurer

There are still few days left to confirm your participation in our promo tour, starting July 4th in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.

1200 kilometers, 5 riding days, 4 National Parks, 2 countries and loads of fun. You can read more details about this tour on following link (disregard pricing this time):

http://balkanadvtours.com/off-road-t...-montenegro-2/

You only pay for accommodation, fuel and food. Tour organization and guides are free, tent space or accommodation in Sarajevo is free. Basically you pay nothing to us.

You can also follow us on facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/BalkanAdventureTours
Old 08-30-2013, 09:54 AM   #5
Gliga OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Tour dates for 2014 are now announced. For more details visit:

www.balkanadvtours.com/2014-calendar/

All of the tours have been reworked. Daily millages are now lower allowing for relaxed riding pace and more time for exploration.

Join us for a closing tour of 2013 season, starting September 28 in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. It's a 7 riding days, camping only tour. For just 330 you get 8 nights of camping, entrance fees to all the National Parks and guidance. For this tour food is not included into price, you can expect to spend around 10 per day for food. If you're interested send me a PM here or email at info@balkanadvtours.com by September 20. For more details on this tour visit following link:

http://balkanadvtours.com/off-road-t...ro-and-serbia/

Old 10-02-2013, 06:46 AM   #6
unioncityman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Anyone know if there any places in Serbia that rent bikes? Or alternatively, are there online listings selling used bikes? I understand Serbian pretty well, so English is not a necessity. Thanks!

unioncityman screwed with this post 10-02-2013 at 06:53 AM
unioncityman is offline   Reply With Quote