Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2013, 02:29 AM   #16
jon6.0
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant22 View Post
Yep, got the bike from Geoff at MC.
Make sure they do a warranty claim to get the Supersprox rear sprocket. They have been shipping the bikes with plain steel rear sprockets when they should come with the Supersprox.

2011 KTM 250XC with lots of protection stuff for when I bounce it down a hill.
jon6.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:23 AM   #17
Apple Jam
Forest Flyer

Oddometer: 6,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ990 View Post
The 908 front end has a wiggle when hitting a tar snake or crossing the center line under acceleration and after 2500 miles it has become less of an issue, but I wouldn't call them outright dangerous. They are so good off road that I've actually accepted the trade off. I find them stable up to 85 but they do get dicey above that.
After my second set of 908s F&R now.....I experience exactly what you do.
And today, 85mph is fast enough.

While front traction is much better off-road with this 908 front, mostly I just got tired of getting pinch flats (over 10) from the two 606s and the TKC. This front 908 has waaay stiffer sidewalls and allows pressure below 30lbs without bending the rim. The 606 went to about 95-100, and the TKC80 would reach 110 comfortably, but both gave me flats and bent rims. I know a suspension change would help lots, but I keep my farkle fund busy these days just buying tires and oil.

The Scorpions prior to that gave me the speed buzz I needed then, during the honeymoon phase. Now my speed buzz is completely satisfied flying along at 40mph on nasty, bumpy, rut filled two-track troads. And not gettingflats just adds to that experience
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:24 AM   #18
grant22 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon6.0 View Post
Make sure they do a warranty claim to get the Supersprox rear sprocket. They have been shipping the bikes with plain steel rear sprockets when they should come with the Supersprox.
Thx, already handled. I requested a 45 tooth and they're doing it. I get to keep the original, also.
grant22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:03 AM   #19
jon6.0
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant22 View Post
Thx, already handled. I requested a 45 tooth and they're doing it. I get to keep the original, also.
Cool. They just told me the 42 tooth was backordered until August, so they ordered me a 45 tooth as well.

2011 KTM 250XC with lots of protection stuff for when I bounce it down a hill.
jon6.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:51 AM   #20
motocityktm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Now you two just need to get together and ride!

Thanks again, we appreciate you!

As for the warranty, it is 12 months standard on the 990 Baja, the offer was 48 months extended for $899, keep in mind that is a zero deductible and no mileage limitation plan! Since KTM no longer offers a factory backed extended service option we utilize Western Service Contracts, a McGraw Insurance Company....they pay well, are very easy to work with, covers towing, and can be utilized at any licensed shop, not just a KTM dealer. It is correct that it may be purchased anytime prior to the manufacturer warranty expiring and as I hope Grant will confirm...there was no "salesman pressure". We are not a high pressure shop and I absolutely will not sell you something I would not use myself, anyone who knows me, has purchased a bike from me, or knows me as a riders will confirm this.

Cheers,

Dozer
motocityktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:13 PM   #21
grant22 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Absolutely I'll confirm that moto city was very low pressure and not annoying.

The hi pressure tactic doesn't work on me anyway, just irritates, and Geoff was very mellow.

I highly recommend going through him and it sounds like he'll have another Baja in a bit.

Thanks again Geoff.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:24 PM   #22
grant22 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I'd like to add that their KTM tech, Dave, is VERY thorough.

Thx again Moto City
Old 06-11-2013, 01:30 PM   #23
MooseMagnet
MooseMagnet

Oddometer: 10
980 front tire OK with me

Although I am brand new to the 990 Baja, I find that so far it just behaves like a giant heavy dirt bike, so yes, a front knobby on a 21 wheel feels light when hitting tar snakes and grooves on pavement at highway speed when you are carrying rear biased luggage. it's NOT a GS or a sport bike, but oh baby, it's superior on our rural dirt 'roads' in Montana. I recommend the speed limit on knobby tires anyway.
MooseMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote