Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2013, 08:03 AM   #601
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,855
The Trail Stand is a tool and should be stored in a dry environment when not in use like you would will any tools. The finish on all of the parts is a standard Zinc finish, it is a suitable finish for the parts when they are kept in liquid free environment. I have stored my stand in a rear tailbag for several years and it has no finish issues, this bag is not waterproof and I do not remove it when I wash the bike and have no issues with mine. If the bag were to get wet so things inside where soaked with water I would remove the tools and dry them off just like I would the Trail Stand. Treating your Trail Stand like you would any tools, dry them off before storing and not storing in a liquid moisture environment and it will provide years of trouble free service. Almost any tool stored wrapped in a wet cloth will have an issue for example. I am sorry that yours did not meet your expectations, I will send you a PM to discuss it further with you.
Steve
ESP llc
Cagiva Gran Canyon
sTE610vE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:32 AM   #602
fluff34567
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 919
hi Steve,

cheers for the reply and PM includin generous offer .

it was in a tool tube and that got a bit of water/condensation inside despite an o-ring.

all other tools were ok though, Ill try clean it up and let you know.

thanks again.
fluff34567 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:32 PM   #603
gmsnowball
Black Bear Pass

Oddometer: 882
Wicked Stand

Checked mine as I have been through several creek and river crossings and my rear bag has been under water. Several of my tools had been wet but my trail stand looked fine. Let everything dry out and all is well now. A little WD 40 makes everything better.

12 Super Tenere
gmsnowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #604
mathews42
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 352
Ordered one today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beads in the headlight a Flying Aga Tale by Isabel Dyson I met these two travelers on their Journey from the UK to Alaska and through South America on a 1979 BMW R100RS. Their book is now on Amazon for Kindle.
mathews42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:32 PM   #605
boinoodle
Old and Cautious

Oddometer: 939
I got mine a few weeks ago and used it to put new tires on at home and it worked perfect!!! Great invention and as far as I can tell, a quality product.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul and damned is your life
Lord John Whorfin
boinoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:50 AM   #606
Perun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 158
Trail stand

Very easy to lift either front or end of BMW X-challenge. Very good product, great build quality.

Somewhere on Divcibare mountain, Serbia.

Perun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:56 AM   #607
LethPhaos
brb

Oddometer: 487
I want one but shipping would double the cost, bit too steep for me. Any ideas on how I can get one somewhere in Europe?
LethPhaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:18 AM   #608
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethPhaos View Post
I want one but shipping would double the cost, bit too steep for me. Any ideas on how I can get one somewhere in Europe?
Hi LethPhaos,
I understand and agree the international shipping cost is not very good anymore, they nearly doubled the price on me at the first of the year on USPS international priority, making international sales quite difficult. And even with the increase in cost they dont include international tracking once it leaves the U.S. It has made me consider discontinuing international sales for several reasons but so far I have not.
I don't have any dealers in Europe, I have to admit I don't have any good alternatives so if anyone has any suggestions I'm open to considering them.

And to let anyone know who is in the process of ordering I am currently out of stock but should be getting the back in tomorrow the 24th or the first of next week at the latest.

Thanks for the interest!
Steve
ESP llc
Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 05-31-2013, 05:08 AM   #609
ballpeen

Oddometer: 472
Just ordered mine
Old 06-03-2013, 04:05 PM   #610
ballpeen

Oddometer: 472
Received mine today, nice bit of kit. Thanks Steve.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #611
uptherepc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
dakar

I remember someone asking for a pic of a 650 Dakar lifted with the enduro star. Well here it is !

Old 06-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #612
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,618
Thumb Kon'nichiwa Steve............

Just ordered another one to give to my Puuurrty Global travelling buddy Superball Rex...

THANX AGAIN!!!
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:58 PM   #613
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jettn Jim View Post
Just ordered another one to give to my Puuurrty Global travelling buddy Superball Rex...

THANX AGAIN!!!
Hey Jim!
Good to here from you, hope your adventures are still going strong!

I am waiting for the next run of Trail Stands from my vendor, he is a small guy too and the next run is due middle to end of next week. I sent you and email to to let you know the details, I do appreciate your good words about the Trail Stand and hope you only need it to lube your chain in the future! Ride safe but have a great time too!

Steve
Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 06-12-2013, 03:33 AM   #614
boinoodle
Old and Cautious

Oddometer: 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by sTE610vE View Post
about the Trail Stand and hope you only need it to lube your chain in the future! Ride safe but have a great time too!

Steve
That's what I did last night. Made two marks with a sharpie for front and rear stand height. Took less than a minute to stand the bike. It's pretty easy when I use my thigh and hip to lever the bike up. No stress on my back at all. The Tiger has a hole by the break lever that seems it was made for the stand.

For what ever it's worth, I'll usually make something before I buy it but your stand is such a useful tool and so damn affordable to not get it. I tell everyone I meet how slick and easy it is to use. I couldn't imagine not having one!!!

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul and damned is your life
Lord John Whorfin
boinoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:31 AM   #615
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,618
Thumb Another satisfied customer!^)-

Hey Steve just reading my little Sister Esthers Ride Report and had to post this clip up of her using your TrailStand near Laird HotSprings B.C. on her way to AK. Dang almost forgot I'd given it to her last May 2012!
She has been on the road 15months straight and notice her comment about the stand at the end of the 3rd paragraph, just above the pic

Here's a link to the RR if any of ya wanna read along
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...0#post21830290
Peace,
JJ

The wait was over very soon and we all hopped back unto or into our vehicles and left.
I got back to Watson Lake around 11 and stopped at a gas station to fill up. I had good phone reception so my plan was to fill up, go to the grocery store that had a little diner area, and go online for a while. Yeah…….. the best laid plans…… I should know better by now!
As I hopped on Spirit I noticed that both my feet were actually able to touch the ground fully, no tiptoeing! Hmmm?????? Flat tire?? I looked down, sure enough! Another flat.
I could not even get off my bike it was that low, the kickstand wouldn’t work.
There was a guy on a GS parked a few yard in front of me against a building and I hollered HEY!
He looked over and I beckoned him to me. No idea what he was thinking
I explained my predicament and asked him to hold Spirit while I got off, and if he could help me push her into the dirt against the building nearby. He did and I got my little magical stand out of my bag and propped Spirit up so she wouldn’t tip over. (Jim, I don’t think you had any idea I would use this thing as much as I have when you gave it to me did you??)

I went through the process of taking the load off and my Pelicans as well, and took the rear wheel off. The GS rider who had helped me left after asking if I needed help. I had said no, been there done this, I could do it. While I was removing the tire a French guy showed up called Matt. He had been on the road for years and had been to Laos and other foreign countries on his bike.
Once the tube was out I couldn’t see any new holes, nor a nail in the tire.
I blew the tube up and felt where the air was coming from. There was a tiny rip near the patch I had put on the time I had a flat near Port Renfrew.
As I pushed down on it, the rip turned into a huge tear. Did I put the patch on wrong???
Anyways, the tube was shot, and not a bike shop nearby.
So many riders told me that in an emergency I can use the way to big and skinny front tube, so I did.
Matt told me not to, that it would never last. I told him some guys had done this and rode on it for hundreds of miles! He told me that was making a mistake and that I would now end up on the side of the road with a flat tire. Instead I should wait for a biker to show up with tube that might fit.
For some reason I thought that it would be very unlikely that someone would show up with my size tube. We sat for a while and noticed all the BMWs ride by. LOL, tubeless tires all of them. I decided to take the chance and find out of this would work. Got the tire on the rim in no time and walke around the building to the air-pump where I encountered Grizzly and his son Johan, also on BMWs.
So here I was, putting my wheel on again while Grizzly, Matt and another guy stood watching me work. LOL, talk about emancipation!

Once I had the wheel on it started raining, or should I say pouring! I covered all my junk with my tarp, put on my rain gear and finished tightening everything and also tightening my chain which I’m afraid is on it’s last legs, again!
Once it stopped raining I cleaned up my tools and put the cases and gear back on the bike.
The guys had gone for lunch nearby at Kathy’s place, and I said I’d join them later.
They had all but finished when I got there, but the thought of some fresh food instead of my canned soup or packaged Indian food sounded great. I had a nice salad with Feta cheese and olives and ate lunch there. Grizzly and Johan left shortly afterward and Matt left a little later to go grocery shopping. I also met Peter, a guy from Germany, also on a GS. I say, I’m severely outnumbered here, not a single KLR rider in sight!
I took off a little later and headed for White Horse, or actually a campground called Morley Lake.
I saw Grizzly and Johan at an ATM machine while heading out of town, and figured they’d catch up on me at some point as I was riding nice and slow.
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote