Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 11:09 AM   #181
Steve canyon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
What Bag? The MoJavi

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlafofOregon View Post
Thanks for the post and pics! Southeast Asia is high on my bucket list of places to ride. A tarp, awning, shoe or other commercial sewing place can probably re-bind that edge on your MoJavi for just a couple dollars, or you can send it back to us. We've seen some pretty ingenious field repairs, too, like stitching damage closed with zip ties. Love the name "What Bag?"!

Thanks....your welcome..

It lasted another 10,000k's like that!..

The other little bag it came with was a perfect fit for my water filter..

Steve canyon screwed with this post 05-24-2013 at 11:11 AM Reason: forgot to say thanks
Old 05-24-2013, 06:35 PM   #182
walkergreenlabel
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 173
whites

any issues with your whites staying white? I'm not worried about your dedicates but the coyote in white, does it stain easy?
Old 05-25-2013, 08:24 AM   #183
modeselector
Common as muck

Oddometer: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkergreenlabel View Post
any issues with your whites staying white? I'm not worried about your dedicates but the coyote in white, does it stain easy?
I had the Fandango and Great Basin in white. They won't stain per say but rather mar in places that really require a good scrub with something like simple green and a scouring pad. Sold both and now my GL stuff is black.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:33 PM   #184
bitwise
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Quote:
I'm dealing a bit with the opposite problem. Using the fandango on a white (anniversary) f800 the tank area is totally discolored/scratches up after <800 miles. Pretty bummed about that. It was such a pristine bike and im not sure how to get it cleaned up.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:56 PM   #185
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Oddometer: 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitwise View Post
I'm dealing a bit with the opposite problem. Using the fandango on a white (anniversary) f800 the tank area is totally discolored/scratches up after <800 miles. Pretty bummed about that. It was such a pristine bike and im not sure how to get it cleaned up.

Sorry to hear your finish has been affected by your luggage. :-(
Most any tank bag will rough up the finish of a bike over time, because dust accumulates under the harness.
Giant Loop's solution for protecting the bike from dust rash, before installing any type of soft luggage, is Vinyl Protective Film.
http://www.giantloopmoto.com/collect...rotective-film

Old 05-25-2013, 07:00 PM   #186
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Quote:

As mentioned before, Simple Green has been the best product for keeping my GL bags clean. Anyone else have a favorite cleaner for their GL bag? I am always curious what other guys use.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:30 PM   #187
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Getting my tires sharpened up for this weekend's Giant Loop Summerlake ride! I have a plan for a skid plate this year, since last years ride included some terrain that called for a proper skid plate, instead of bare motor...

The weather for Sat/Sun looks to be excellent and mild temperatures. The best part is, all the rain we have gotten over the last couple weeks has kept the dust down!
Old 05-29-2013, 09:39 PM   #188
WTFMATE
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
How wide of a seat will the coyote work with?
Cheers
Old 05-30-2013, 12:18 PM   #189
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFMATE View Post
How wide of a seat will the coyote work with?
Cheers
I'll throw the tape across my seat this eve and check, since the SE/SM seat isn't too wide, but nearly so, like the older square KLR seat. I am thinking somewhere between 8-10" is about max width for a Coyote, to have it hang right.

I'll ask the guys if there is a dimension to refer to, and report back.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:09 AM   #190
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

WTFMate, my seat is 10 inches across and the Coyote hangs just right. Guys run them on GS12's and KTM990's as well. It is pretty flexible.

The Summer Lake ride was a real treat. We had 25 riders on a mix of bikes that included 990ADV's, 1200, 800 and 650 GS's, DRZ400's, several KTM singles, a Triumph, couple KLR's and a Versys. My trusty steed is only popping one cylinder, so I left it home and rode the Giant Loop BRP XR650R, instead. My first time on a Honda and it was ready for action with a big fuel tank and fresh tires. The route was easy to follow and I ended up leading the faster groups as the ride progressed. I hadn't been through Fandango canyon and it was a real treat. We took the Sheep rock section to get back to Paisley and it was quite a sight to roll through those hills and valleys, for mile after mile. The return had me riding the KTM 500EXC and the route was Winter Ridge. The road was in excellent shape and very little dust. Changed a flat for one of the group on the way home and got to see the birds at FT Rock. Such a beautiful ride through the old growth timber and that 500EXC taught me a bunch about modern bikes. Dainty little things with gobs of power!!

All in all a great ride with tasty meals and a nice soak in the hot springs before settling in for the night.

snowhawk jockey screwed with this post 06-05-2013 at 07:25 AM
Old 06-10-2013, 04:14 PM   #191
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 252
Pics from Giant Loop's 2013 Summer Lake Hot Springs Ride

MORE PICS HERE
Old 06-10-2013, 08:32 PM   #192
NWBoarder
Whitmeister

Oddometer: 1,841
Looks like you guys had a great time.
I'm so bummed I couldn't make it.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #193
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

A couple of our local riders prepping for Tour of Idaho this summer just sent pics and comments:

"Hi guys! Tony, Rich and I had a blast last weekend riding Section 3 down to Union Creek and back. This was the first of two planned T1 shakedown rides. We were pelted by rain, sleet, and snow, turned back by snow three times and once by a 5' diameter fir, and still had a great time. We covered 530 miles - about 150 on slab and 380 on dirt/gravel. We had planned on riding only 380 miles over the two days, but the snow caused us some pretty major detours. All in all, we were out 11 hours on Saturday and 12 on Sunday (including pie at Becky's on Sunday!). It was a good test. We just wanted to tell you how well the Mojave's performed. I'll start by saying that they won't be coming off our bikes any time soon! They stayed dry inside, stood up to quite a bit of brush, mounted securely, and were very easy to access. Neither of us even knew they were there. And, as you can see from the pictures, the Rotopax fit very nicely behind the bags with the stock mounting hardware (on ProBillet racks). You guys totally hit a home run with these. We'll be picking up another bike very soon for Rich to ride on the T1 - the 2-smoker just isn't going to work - so we'll be buying another Mojave shortly. Thanks for a GREAT product, and for being really terrific guys to work with. BTW, we're bummed about missing the Summer Lake ride! Have fun!!! Kim -- Kim"
Old 06-12-2013, 10:56 AM   #194
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Diablo Tank Bag in Dirt Rider Magazine's July 2013 "Gear Bag"

Thanks Dirt Rider for spotlighting Giant Loop's Diablo Tank Bag in the magazine's July 2013 issue! The Diablo hauls the groceries, for sure, but it also makes it a lot harder to say, "I can't carry anything, I'm on my dirt bike." Go light, go fast, go far!

"Giant Loop Diablo Tank Bag: $164 - With its universal fit, water-resistant construction and four liters of storage space, it's harder to say, 'I can't grab milk on the way home, I'm on my bike.' www.giantloopmoto.com, 458-208-9113" Dirt Rider magazine, "Gear Bag," July 2013
Old 06-12-2013, 05:33 PM   #195
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Freedom Cycle's Triumph Tiger 800XC Custom Adventure Build

Wow! This is one super-trick Triumph Tiger 800XC! And they chose to kit it out with Giant Loop's Siskiyou Panniers and Zigzag Handlebar Bag.

Interesting mounting option: Zigzag on frame tube! Seems like you'd knock your knee on it though . . .

Check out the full details on Freedom Cycle's custom Triumph Tiger 800XC adventure build here.
Closed Thread