Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Shiny things
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 12:52 PM   #31
davsato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 799
fuck microsoft, my son is saving for a PS4. dont know why he wanted a 360 in the first place years ago, probably because he was too young to understand and wanted halo to go with his megabloks toys
Old 06-12-2013, 01:02 PM   #32
NikonsAndVStroms OP
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 37,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by davsato View Post
fuck microsoft, my son is saving for a PS4. dont know why he wanted a 360 in the first place years ago, probably because he was too young to understand and wanted halo to go with his megabloks toys
The 360 is better than the PS3 in terms of the online experience and most importantly for me that all my friends had one. A few had a PS3 but most of them had 360's too.

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:37 PM   #33
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 4,994
Old 06-12-2013, 01:54 PM   #34
NikonsAndVStroms OP
Beastly Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
I wonder if in a month or less we'll hear Microsoft backtrack off of this. On top of the 100 dollar higher price it'll be an uphill battle...the higher price alone is one way to destroy your lead, look at PS2 VS Xbox and then PS3 VS 360 sales in the US.

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
Old 06-12-2013, 02:07 PM   #35
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 10,076
This is pretty dammed funny....

Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:45 PM   #36
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

update

Quote:
Old 06-14-2013, 07:15 AM   #37
Dave
Huh?

Oddometer: 2,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatpasta View Post
This is pretty dammed funny....

Somebody needs to go play outside more.
Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #38
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I totally agree. However his job has something to do with the gaming industry, just like my stupid job is on a boring Poker TV show. I'd like to go outside and play more too

Quote:
Old 06-18-2013, 11:55 AM   #39
Dukeryder

Oddometer: 7,398

Dukeryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:33 PM   #40
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Looks like they backed down.... quite a bit actually. Someone got a swift kick in the pants over at Microsoft, no doubt

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/19/tech/g...html?hpt=hp_t2

Quote:
(CNN) -- Reacting to "feedback from the Xbox community," it appears Microsoft is reversing course and changing two key components to policies for its new Xbox One video game console.
All disc-based games can be played without ever connecting online, and the 24-hour connection requirement has been dropped, according to an update to a May post concerning questions about the new console.
Additionally, there will be no limitations to using and sharing games, Don Mattrick, president of the Interactive Entertainment Business division, says in the post. People will be able to share, trade or resell their games in the same way they do for Xbox 360 games.
The changes indicate Microsoft is having second thoughts about some of its future plans with the Xbox One. The post read, "Update on June 19, 2013: As a result of feedback from the Xbox community, we have changed certain policies for Xbox One reflected in this blog. Some of this information is no longer accurate."
The company has been taking a public berating since it announced restrictions to used games and their requirement for an Internet connection. Consumers have been reacting with anger over the policies, but the tipping point may have been when Jimmy Fallon, host of "Late Night," pointed out that only the PlayStation 4 could freely play used games, which created more confusion.
The flogging became worse when Sony took to the stage at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) trade show and pointedly did not include such restrictions for the new PlayStation 4. A YouTube video produced by Sony made fun of the used-game restriction by showing how people could share games on the PlayStation 4 -- by just handing them to another person.
The new Xbox One used-games policy only affects disc-based games. Titles downloaded through Xbox Live cannot be shared or resold. Also, disc-based games must have the disc inside the console to play.
The changes being made also affect its proposed family sharing policy. Since Microsoft is allowing players to have the flexibility to use games offline, it will not be launching its family sharing plan, which would have allowed up to 10 family members to log in and play games from anywhere.
However, Marc Whitten, chief product officer for Xbox, told CNN the company still believes very deeply in its digital vision.
"So much of what we've built around our digital ecosystem still works," Whitten said. "It's what we building in how you can use your games. Our online vision and the Xbox One architecture really power the complete new experience in how the Cloud changes everything and we're massively invested in this."
He also said the flexibility the company added for physical-disc play will not change for the life of the Xbox One.
Whitten said there are no changes surrounding the addition of Kinect with the Xbox One. He said the company believes the motion sensor/controller is critical to building out the next generation experiences gamers are craving.
The Xbox One will cost about $100 more than Sony's PlayStation 4 ($499 versus $399), but officials at the Redmond, Washington-based company believe their console will be worth the value.
"While we believe that the majority of people will play games online and access the cloud for both games and entertainment, we will give consumers the choice of both physical and digital content," Whitten wrote in the blog post. "We have listened and we have heard loud and clear from your feedback that you want the best of both worlds."
Quote:
Old 06-20-2013, 07:16 AM   #41
rob feature
Domain Ranger

Oddometer: 4,270
Looks like the new x-box has the kinect stuff built in? And $100 more than Playstation? That's 2 deal-breakers right at the start. I have to draw the line at a camera in my living room - not gonna happen.

rob feature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:20 AM   #42
rob feature
Domain Ranger

Oddometer: 4,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post

rob feature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:56 AM   #43
Emperor Norton
Kilroy was here

Oddometer: 1,032
Quote:
Looks like they backed down.... quite a bit actually. Someone got a swift kick in the pants over at Microsoft, no doubt

They still have the creepy perv-o-cam requirement.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:33 AM   #44
NikonsAndVStroms OP
Beastly Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDuck View Post
They still have the creepy perv-o-cam requirement.
Do you have cameras on your cell phone? Your laptop? If you wanna have no chance of such hacking that's fine just know the XBox is one of many ways to do it.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:35 AM   #45
NikonsAndVStroms OP
Beastly Photographer

Quote:

This is what they should have done from the start

If you buy the physical games you can trade them in and do what you want with them.

If you buy the digital downloads it'll have the DRM but you'll get the features like letting your whole family play it on different XBoxes.

Now how will Microsoft get over all of this bad PR is the question because nerds will mostly keep up, but the general public will still associate the XBox with no used games.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: