Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2013, 11:20 AM   #1
mackdaddy OP
Finding my way

Oddometer: 877
Question Full N. America maps on Zumo 550; not enough memory

Hey everyone,

I have a Zumo 550 with a 32GB memory card. I would like to install the full map of North America the unit keeps telling me I don't have enough room. I know this is via the internal memory that I don't have enough room.

I contacted Garmin but I am still waiting for help. If anyone can help me out with instructions it would be much appreciated on how to get the full maps on my unit. My laptop is a MacBook Pro. Thanks for any assistance.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:13 AM   #2
magnells
?

Oddometer: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackdaddy View Post
Hey everyone,

I have a Zumo 550 with a 32GB memory card. I would like to install the full map of North America the unit keeps telling me I don't have enough room. I know this is via the internal memory that I don't have enough room.

I contacted Garmin but I am still waiting for help. If anyone can help me out with instructions it would be much appreciated on how to get the full maps on my unit. My laptop is a MacBook Pro. Thanks for any assistance.
If you haven't alreday done so, download and install Garmin MapInstall.

Assuming you have already installed the NA map on your Mac, connect the Zumo to the Mac, open MapInstall, select the Zumo from the dropdown box, and "Continue".

You will then see a Map page. Select your map from the dropdown box. Using the controls on the left zoom in or out to see the map. With the mouse you can select the states you want to load into the Zumo. I usually select the Northeast as that is where I do the most riding. Then click Send Maps and wait.

You can then go back and start over. On the first page, use the dropdown box to select your memory card. When you get to the map page, select the rest of North America and "Send Maps". This will take a long time. You can make the download shorter if you have a SD card reader. Just take the card out of the Zumo, attach it directly to the Mac (via the SD Card reader), then open MapInstall and select it. It loads directly much faster than though the Zumo connection.

Hope this helps.
magnells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:01 PM   #3
Wistrick
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 267
will the rest of the maps you installed on the sd be read by the 550 or do u have to load them as needed...

Dan
Wistrick is offline   Reply With Quote