Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2013, 04:13 AM   #31
ScottyDog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitch_oz View Post
Yup Suncorp owns all sorts of names and mobs, which more often than not cover the whole spectrum of the insurance offerings out there....top+bottom end of the market and much in between.
Suncorp= https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suncorp_Group
http://www.insurerwatchdog.net/index.php/warning
That's amazing, why not standardise the premiums?

FWIW, Shannons charge me $393 for the 950 Adventure, with good coverage. Had no experience with claims though.

Cheers!
ScottyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:08 AM   #32
hdog OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 531
No good with swann today.They were between insure my ride and shannons, still hundreds dearer than QBE. Im very happy with QBE"s quote and accessory cover. I `think $584 is a great price for the bike,+ $4000 of riders gear, considering I was paying near that for a 5 year old GS with shannons...

KTM 1190 R

KTM 690 R
hdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:40 PM   #33
Precis
Maladroit malcontent

Oddometer: 3,596
New hat in the ring:
As of yesterday, Youi are insuring bikes - and they aren't owned by Suncorp.
I was battering down the premium on my ute - got 10% off, and the bloke mentioned in passing that they were expanding: now in bikes, soon to be caravans & boats too.
They've gone from 50 employees 4 years ago, to over 800 now, up on the Sunny Coast where their office is between a lake and the sea...
I told him I hated him.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:34 AM   #34
Scaredofthedirt
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 640
I guess the overwhelming message is to check your options each year at renewal time.

Youi where almost twice the price of Shanons for my turbo taxi last year.
Scaredofthedirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:42 AM   #35
ktmgeoff
Remember it's not a race!

Oddometer: 1,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by BygDaddee View Post
Make sure you give your dealer a crack at a quote, they get good discounts as an insurance broker
Obviously this doesn't apply to cars, found my Subi dealer was nearly $200 dearer than when dealing direct with Allianz, call centre bloke said most car dealers give themselves a nice little commission..
Old 06-14-2013, 04:16 PM   #36
hdog OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaredofthedirt View Post
I guess the overwhelming message is to check your options each year at renewal time.

Youi where almost twice the price of Shanons for my turbo taxi last year.
Couldnt agree more..... same goes for ctp green slips... compare every year, and keep the bastards honest

KTM 1190 R

KTM 690 R
Old 06-14-2013, 05:17 PM   #37
TUX
Geek on two wheels

Oddometer: 77
For what its worth I had my 2 week old bike stolen during a house robbery and Qbe stalled for over 4 months on paying up. I had to threaten legal action in the end. The same day the lawyers got involved it was all settled. Terrible service and appaling attitude all round from QBE.

I know others have had a good run with them but never again for me no matter what the discount.

Im with Swan now...so far so good but not had to make a claim yet either.
TUX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:25 PM   #38
TUX
Geek on two wheels

Oddometer: 77
QBE whinge continued......Oh and the accessories cover was worthless....they stiffed me every item by only paying out the heavily discounted trade price less a year depreciation (even though nothing was more than two weeks old). All very upsetting.
TUX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:39 PM   #39
hdog OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUX View Post
QBE whinge continued......Oh and the accessories cover was worthless....they stiffed me every item by only paying out the heavily discounted trade price less a year depreciation (even though nothing was more than two weeks old). All very upsetting.
Sorry to hear that mate....I wonder if it has anything to do with the assessor and what he writes in his report.... I have heard it has... I had a burst water pipe in the ceiling of my house which stuffed the flooring, walls etc.. I was on the phone to QBE and honestly the next day the assessor was around and he was fantastic , he even pointed out some things I should claim for that I missed. The work was done by the tradesmen of my choice and all done without question...

KTM 1190 R

KTM 690 R
Old 06-14-2013, 10:02 PM   #40
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUX View Post
They replaced all my gear on production of receipts to like prices in Australia.

Had to send everything to Melbourne though.

Internet buying from overseas makes things more difficult.

They found replacement prices for exactly same gear as mine for cheaper prices than I could and would arrange the purchase if it was away from where I lived.

Replaced all of my gear at same or better prices.

If you just want cash from them to buy a completely different item you will not come out as good. Fair enough though, the policy says replacement for same product if available.

xronly
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:29 PM   #41
Chop Chop
Hector erector

Oddometer: 1,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmgeoff View Post
Obviously this doesn't apply to cars, found my Subi dealer was nearly $200 dearer than when dealing direct with Allianz, call centre bloke said most car dealers give themselves a nice little commission..

All dealers do this, cars and bikes etc. You can ask to see the commission rate they receive. If they don't want to disclose (which under general advice they don't have to) I would go elsewhere. They can vary the amount of commission they receive by adjusting the quote either higher or lower, but generally no higher than agreed with the insurer % wise. Can be as high as 25%.

If you don't want the piss taken, stop giving it away!
Chop Chop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:32 AM   #42
emueggdrover
Goof

Oddometer: 9
Good experience

I was with QBE when first bought the Tenere but got a much cheaper deal with Insure My Ride and just had the unfortunate experience of meeting up with a cow!!! Insure my ride were fantastic, good service and excellent follow up to ensure satisfaction with the job done etc
emueggdrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:15 AM   #43
Bigem
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdog View Post
Have been getting quotes for my 1190 R, I pick up next week. Got a quote from Shannons today who I had my previous 1200 GS insured with for over 5 years and never made a claim... wait for it ,....the quote was $1359.... apparently it is classed as a sports bike where my GS was classed as a tourer...so I rang insure my ride. much better at $677...then I rang QBE... $584 with $4000 rider accessory cover and pay by the month at no extra charge...shannons ...you really are way off the mark and youve lost me...
Did you tell them it was an 1190R or an Adventure 1190R?

Big difference in intended use, therefore premium!
And there's no place I'd rather be!!
Bigem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:07 PM   #44
hdog OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigem View Post
Did you tell them it was an 1190R or an Adventure 1190R?

Big difference in intended use, therefore premium!
The adventure R. I only cut the model out on this thread

KTM 1190 R

KTM 690 R
Old 06-18-2013, 12:14 AM   #45
buckscreek
AUTODIDACTIC

Oddometer: 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyDog View Post
That's amazing, why not standardise the premiums?

FWIW, Shannons charge me $393 for the 950 Adventure, with good coverage. Had no experience with claims though.

Cheers!
Hi ScottyDog!

My 950 costs me about the same with Shannons, I'm mid-claim with them now, so far so good, I'll report the outcome. The accident was minor, happened over two years ago (they will accept claims up to 7 years old ) and I'm still blaming Lentil for leading me astray.

I've also got a car insured with them and its cheap. NRMA lost me a while ago when premiums kept creeping up and their multi-policy discount was really a scam as far as I was concerned.

I shop around come renewal time for every policy.Its a PITA but the only way to make sure you're getting the insurance you want for the best price every time.

PS, the DR my son bought from you is still going strong, his only mode of transport at present and its getting a flogging
buckscreek is offline   Reply With Quote