Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2013, 11:29 PM   #16
Knobbiethrower
ADV in ADK

Oddometer: 1,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by henryroten View Post
I couldn't find any threads on the topic but planning a trip to Cabo in the fall and was considering a 908 front tire? Anyone have any experience with it good or bad? Most of the trip will be on pavement but sandy roads/washouts etc. will always play a part in the trip.
908 good = offroad biased tire, offers great offroad traction with great flat protection, my personal choice for offroad riding on the big adv bikes.

908 bad = onroad performance has been shared by many, it was not designed for high speed pavement use. The size of the knobbies, rubber compound and sidewall stiffness does not make this a confidence inspiring high speed on road choice. I do not ride my 990 ADV like a sport bike, so it really does not bother me.
Knobbiethrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:49 AM   #17
KnightRider374
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Wasn't impressed

I had a dual sport setup with 908's for a trip through NV where services were few and far between. It will be very difficult to get a pinch flat since the sidewalks are so firm and the tire is extremely heavy. I also found it to be fairly expensive compared to other options. I stand a lot on my off road trips, even on gravel roads, and found myself getting a little squirrelly even with a Scott's dampener. They are durable tires so I won't say that I would never buy them again but my primary reason would be to avoid pinch flats while riding in the gnarliest of dry hard pack and rocky trails where you can't afford to be stranded.
KnightRider374 is offline   Reply With Quote