Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2013, 03:01 PM   #11
Beastly Adventurer
spagthorpe's Avatar
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: San Diego
Oddometer: 14,740
It _is_ possible to get green sticker bikes legally plated, and I know someone who did this on a 450X and CRFF230 both. There is a certain shop in CA, that has worked out the hassled of dealing directly with CARB, and they basically get your bike re-certified with CARB. You even end up with a new VIN when it's all over. Problem is, it is about $2000 at the shop, plus figure $500 for complete switchgear, lights and all the trimmings to meet the letter of the law.

The short of it is that it's not going to save you anything over buying a KTM, but if for some reason you're set on a Honda, it's possible to do. Also, the shop can only do a fairly low amount per year, so if it's not early in the year, you're probably waiting till the next.
spagthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015