ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-14-2013, 03:09 PM   #6721
Berger
Studly Adventurer
 
Berger's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Oddometer: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarzan30 View Post
wow fixing his inglish.. good work!

No english fixes allowed..and keep the soccer turban and grammar corrections out of our ... usless local bike thread!

If you want to talk about your bike or you with a turban riding your bike speaking french while passing Jane and Finch and picking up a soccer team of jamicans in the side car ... that would fit here just fine..!


lol ... i had to ... im sorry!

keep the rubber side down!


I set a limit on Jamaicans in the side car....but I state that in both official languages with winter tires on bike,...well, hand drawn snowflakes anyway.


Sent from my Mobile
__________________
2014 Triumph Tiger XC
2007 Ural Patrol w/ mods

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=723916
Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #6722
tarzan30
Gnarly Adventurer
 
tarzan30's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Canada
Oddometer: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by UralBerger View Post


I set a limit on Jamaicans in the side car....but I state that in both official languages with winter tires on bike,...well, hand drawn snowflakes anyway.


Sent from my Mobile
LOL!!

I hear your in munster? im just off cemetary road. we should go for a spin some time.

corey.
__________________
Just trying to keep the rubber side down
tarzan30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #6723
Berger
Studly Adventurer
 
Berger's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Oddometer: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarzan30 View Post
LOL!!

I hear your in munster? im just off cemetary road. we should go for a spin some time.

corey.
2KM from Munster.

Definitely! My neigbour rides a 650 V-Strom and we want to hit the K&P sometime soon.
Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:37 PM   #6724
Berger
Studly Adventurer
 
Berger's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Oddometer: 642
TapaTalk for iPhone and Android is now free....for those that resisted buying the App.


Sent from my Mobile
__________________
2014 Triumph Tiger XC
2007 Ural Patrol w/ mods

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=723916
Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:11 PM   #6725
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators
 
Emmbeedee's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Near Ottawa, ON, Canada
Oddometer: 8,706
Stephanie and I got out on the DRs today, doing back roads North of Calabogie, towards Renfrew and back. Lots of wildlife out there, these days. Surprised many deer, a rabbit, racoon and even spotted a beaver on the Sammon road. He's got the water running right over the road. The beaver looked to me like he must have weighed near 75 pounds or so. Wouldn't want to challenge that one.



Had a picnic down by Calabogie lake.

__________________
Want to know more about the Garmin Montana? See the Wisdom and FAQ Thread.
Want to know more about the Garmin VIRB? See here.
"The motorcycle, being poorly designed for both flight and marine operation, sustained significant external and internal damage," police noted.
Emmbeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #6726
BikerBobber
Trying to get lost
 
BikerBobber's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Seeleys Bay, Ontario
Oddometer: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by UralBerger View Post
TapaTalk for iPhone and Android is now free....for those that resisted buying the App.




Unfortunately the app is still mediocre.....

From my mobile
__________________
Bob.
formerly KLRbobber
FEEDING MY 'MID-LIFE' CRISIS....
My translab adventure http://bobandmike10x10.blogspot.com/
BikerBobber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:01 PM   #6727
Berger
Studly Adventurer
 
Berger's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Oddometer: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerBobber View Post
Unfortunately the app is still mediocre.....

From my mobile
Does its job while I am mobile. Admittedly, I don't need it on the tablet, as the browser and display size are fine. Just the iPhone.


Sent from my Mobile
__________________
2014 Triumph Tiger XC
2007 Ural Patrol w/ mods

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=723916
Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:30 AM   #6728
BikerBobber
Trying to get lost
 
BikerBobber's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Seeleys Bay, Ontario
Oddometer: 536
Just wish it showed titles.
Also occasionally won't update to latest replies...
I do like its ability to post pics though :

From my mobile
__________________
Bob.
formerly KLRbobber
FEEDING MY 'MID-LIFE' CRISIS....
My translab adventure http://bobandmike10x10.blogspot.com/
BikerBobber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:40 AM   #6729
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators
 
Emmbeedee's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Near Ottawa, ON, Canada
Oddometer: 8,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerBobber View Post
Just wish it showed titles.
Also occasionally won't update to latest replies...
I do like its ability to post pics though :
If you're using Tapatalk 1, you'll eventually run into the picture maximum, and need to buy the image pack. I think it'll upload 30 pics before requiring the purchase. It's cheap, but still an eventual requirement.

I hate that it won't stop showing threads you've unsubscribed to.
__________________
Want to know more about the Garmin Montana? See the Wisdom and FAQ Thread.
Want to know more about the Garmin VIRB? See here.
"The motorcycle, being poorly designed for both flight and marine operation, sustained significant external and internal damage," police noted.
Emmbeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:28 AM   #6730
dialdn OP
Studly Adventurer
 
dialdn's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Carp, Ontario, Canada
Oddometer: 669
TLH Trip Planning from Ottawa

Hi Everyone:

Finally considering the Trans Labrador Highway (either this fall or maybe next year). Looking at a route from Ottawa and going CW. I have been gathering info and ride reports but posting this here looking for some local knowledge and experience. Need to balance the best trip against the shortest time. Don't mind the long days.

Riding on a BMW GS and will run TKCs. May run TKC from here or will consider mounting them en route.

Any comments appreciated.

Mike
__________________
2009 BMW GS Adventure
Follow me on Twitter (@BeemerOttawa)
dialdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:32 AM   #6731
damurph
Cold Adventurer
 
damurph's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: The far east of the far east of North America
Oddometer: 1,260
In Trip planning forum there is a Trans Lab info section by Newfie Rider that will be of help to you.
__________________
R1150 GSA, KLR650, K75s(x3), RD350, PS250 (Big Ruckus), R65, 990 Spyder
If I still had every dollar I spent on motorbikes I would be a richer man but a poorer person.
damurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:03 AM   #6732
dialdn OP
Studly Adventurer
 
dialdn's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Carp, Ontario, Canada
Oddometer: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by damurph View Post
In Trip planning forum there is a Trans Lab info section by Newfie Rider that will be of help to you.
Thanks. Yes, been reading that one as well as others. Sorry, I don't want to turn this into a trip planning thread. If any of you have done the trip, maybe drop me a PM.

Mike
__________________
2009 BMW GS Adventure
Follow me on Twitter (@BeemerOttawa)
dialdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:52 PM   #6733
Keating
pre-n00b
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Ottawa, ON
Oddometer: 184
Anyone up for a trail ride this Saturday?

I'm still a new rider.
Racked up about 1000 asphalt miles in the last couple weeks on my new to me KLR.
Planning to head out to the Calabogie area on Saturday. Looking to leave Kanata and make my way to California road, by way of
March Rd, though Almonte to Wolf Grove Rd, and Darling Rd to California Rd and explore as much dirt as I can find in the general area with the goal of finding areas I might return to hunt and fish.

I'm not setup for hard core single track. I'm a Carhartts and hiking boots dual sporter, until the budget allows more gear. I'll be carrying snacks, water, a few tools and tire repair gear in a backpack.

If anyone is is interested in taggin along, (bonus if you know the Calabogie area), let me know.
Keating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #6734
Adventure MotoX
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Adventure MotoX's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Dubai UAE / Ottawa CA
Oddometer: 268
Im planning one as well...
Early Fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by dialdn View Post
Hi Everyone:

Finally considering the Trans Labrador Highway (either this fall or maybe next year). Looking at a route from Ottawa and going CW. I have been gathering info and ride reports but posting this here looking for some local knowledge and experience. Need to balance the best trip against the shortest time. Don't mind the long days.

Riding on a BMW GS and will run TKCs. May run TKC from here or will consider mounting them en route.

Any comments appreciated.

Mike
__________________
Motorrad

www.AdventureMotoX.com
Adventure MotoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:59 PM   #6735
Adventure MotoX
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Adventure MotoX's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Dubai UAE / Ottawa CA
Oddometer: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keating View Post
I'm still a new rider.
Racked up about 1000 asphalt miles in the last couple weeks on my new to me KLR.
Planning to head out to the Calabogie area on Saturday. Looking to leave Kanata and make my way to California road, by way of
March Rd, though Almonte to Wolf Grove Rd, and Darling Rd to California Rd and explore as much dirt as I can find in the general area with the goal of finding areas I might return to hunt and fish.

I'm not setup for hard core single track. I'm a Carhartts and hiking boots dual sporter, until the budget allows more gear. I'll be carrying snacks, water, a few tools and tire repair gear in a backpack.

If anyone is is interested in taggin along, (bonus if you know the Calabogie area), let me know.
I'd come along... I like those routes you planned. I've been on them before.
Unfortunately Im working weekends for the next two weeks... I'll touch base with you then for a ride. Cheers
__________________
Motorrad

www.AdventureMotoX.com
Adventure MotoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014