Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 12:43 PM   #6076
JimmieA
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,185
After all the posts about the swing arm bolt I decided to check mine. First off, I bought the bike new in 2004, it has very low miles on it, always inside and lightly used. The bolt almost fell out, easy as could be. I guess I tell this because there was almost no grease on the bolt as found. Thought someone might want to know this. I greased it up and reinstalled it no issues.
2004 Honda XR400R
JimmieA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:32 PM   #6077
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 30,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmieA View Post
After all the posts about the swing arm bolt I decided to check mine. First off, I bought the bike new in 2004, it has very low miles on it, always inside and lightly used. The bolt almost fell out, easy as could be. I guess I tell this because there was almost no grease on the bolt as found. Thought someone might want to know this. I greased it up and reinstalled it no issues.
oh you lucky bastid! go buy a lottery ticket now!
DrLewall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:03 PM   #6078
Clem Kevin
Nude With Boots

Oddometer: 834
Quote:
Mine did the same after owning it for 6 years and never checking. Love it.
Clem Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:02 PM   #6079
New2dualsport
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by STFU View Post
Nice Bike, you beat me to it last week. I was ready to go buy and the owner said he had just taken a deposit. I tried to swoop in with cash, but he was a solid guy and said it was commited.

I like the 440 kit and Pumper, he said it made a huge difference, what are your thoughts on its performance?

Having had both the 400 in it's stock form and a 650 with slight mods, this bike with the 440 kit, pumper carb, and FMF exhaust RIPS. Only thing I had to do was have factory connection freshen up the rear. Did he tell you I beat him up a little on his price I had been holding out for a plated xr 400 for sometime, I almost pulled the trigger on a DRZ 400 but decided to wait sooo glad I did.
New2dualsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:45 AM   #6080
STFU
Found

Oddometer: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2dualsport View Post
Having had both the 400 in it's stock form and a 650 with slight mods, this bike with the 440 kit, pumper carb, and FMF exhaust RIPS. Only thing I had to do was have factory connection freshen up the rear. Did he tell you I beat him up a little on his price I had been holding out for a plated xr 400 for sometime, I almost pulled the trigger on a DRZ 400 but decided to wait sooo glad I did.

No, he didnt mention the sale price, but I did offer him the full price in cash that day...I was just too late.

I actually bought and sold a plated XR4 a couple of weeks ago, it came with a full SM kit (see a few pages back) but for some reason didnt "do it" for me so I sold it for a profit.

I was pretty excited to get my hands on your new bike, ended up picking up a DRZ400E for cheap and will build that.

Where in Me are you? Anywhere close to the NH border?
XR250R
TR200 FATCAT!
STFU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:15 PM   #6081
SpeedoJosh
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 781
Quote:

I actually bought and sold a plated XR4 a couple of weeks ago, it came with a full SM kit (see a few pages back) but for some reason didnt "do it" for me so I sold it for a profit.
Gosh dangit. I remember when you posted the pics in this thread . Nice looking XR. To bad it didn't make it to the classifieds here.
'Cause I like to party - Story of 2 XR650s conquering Florida
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=754094
SpeedoJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:25 AM   #6082
New2dualsport
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Quote:
No, he didnt mention the sale price, but I did offer him the full price in cash that day...I was just too late.

I was pretty excited to get my hands on your new bike, ended up picking up a DRZ400E for cheap and will build that.

Where in Me are you? Anywhere close to the NH border?
I am in Central Maine not far from Augusta
New2dualsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:48 AM   #6083
XArmy
uhhhhh......

Oddometer: 33
My brother's and my old XR400's. I don't own mine (red one) any more, but I do miss her... Red is an 04, blue is a 96 and both street legal...

XArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:42 PM   #6084
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by XArmy View Post
My brother's and my old XR400's. I don't own mine (red one) any more, but I do miss her... Red is an 04, blue is a 96 and both street legal...

Nice. What headlight is that on the blue one and does it just plug in? I am going to do some night riding in CO this year and need better lights. Thanks.
MartiniUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:36 PM   #6085
Wallrat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiniUp View Post
Nice. What headlight is that on the blue one and does it just plug in? I am going to do some night riding in CO this year and need better lights. Thanks.

That's the Acerbis Cyclops. Had one on my bike. Its DOT legal and works fine for street, but its pretty useless for off road.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:45 PM   #6086
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallrat View Post
That's the Acerbis Cyclops. Had one on my bike. Its DOT legal and works fine for street, but its pretty useless for off road.
OK, thanks.
MartiniUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:17 PM   #6087
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 30,161
I rode the XR today

mostly pavement, some dirt...I caught myself a couple of times on pavement pretending to be a supermoto...

DrLewall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #6088
aaron2a
supermoto hooligan

Oddometer: 583
I run sumo style... Can't beat a good set of 17s...
aaron2a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:22 PM   #6089
JimmieA
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,185
I have run into another little snag. I converted my XR400R to electric start. It is all done and all is good except the CDI I have is the wrong one. I have the stock one and I guess a XR650R one. They are both the same and I guess neither will work. I have tried the 650 one not the 400 one but good chance the engine will not start. I need a EX400 or XR650L CDI I guess. The problem is that these units have a different plug setup, two plugs instead of my one 6 prong plug. I guess I will need a EX400 wire harness to get the proper plugs and splice them in. I'm not looking forward to that.

Anyone have smart advice on this?

The bike runs good with the kick start for now.
2004 Honda XR400R
JimmieA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:47 PM   #6090
bamfslap
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
Quote:
I have run into another little snag. I converted my XR400R to electric start. It is all done and all is good except the CDI I have is the wrong one. I have the stock one and I guess a XR650R one. They are both the same and I guess neither will work. I have tried the 650 one not the 400 one but good chance the engine will not start. I need a EX400 or XR650L CDI I guess. The problem is that these units have a different plug setup, two plugs instead of my one 6 prong plug. I guess I will need a EX400 wire harness to get the proper plugs and splice them in. I'm not looking forward to that.

Anyone have smart advice on this?

The bike runs good with the kick start for now.
That is awesome! How much weight did it add?
bamfslap is offline   Reply With Quote