Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2013, 07:04 PM   #16
ang
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
I am booked in for my 600 mile check on the 25th, I also want to get it done so that I can head down to the Touratech rally.
ang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:20 PM   #17
N-m
Captain 2 Sexy

Oddometer: 354
I am wiping the sweat from my brow. I thought you meant the "garage" as in the repair shop! I been busy riding more than snapping myself. Can't wait to see the pics.

What do you currently love and hate about it? I wonder if those things will change as the miles wear on.
N-m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:02 PM   #18
JM OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 774
350 on the clock tonight. This picture was taken at the Stabler put in for the Wind River just north of Carson Washington. A very sweet IV+ V- white water run.

I'm probably closer down the road to Ochards than you think. I'm a card carrying Washougalian. Just off of Washougal River Road. For those of you who have been to the track.
JM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:13 PM   #19
JM OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-m View Post
I am wiping the sweat from my brow. I thought you meant the "garage" as in the repair shop! I been busy riding more than snapping myself. Can't wait to see the pics.

What do you currently love and hate about it? I wonder if those things will change as the miles wear on.
Things I hate
1-The seat. It keeps sliding Mr. Happy and the Boys in the direction of the tank.
2-The high foot pegs. Combined with the low seat the knee angle is killing me.
3-The position of the handle bars. With the high pegs and the low bars I can't ride with confidence standing up.
4-Why isn't there a accessory socket or two on the dash somewhere?

Things I love
1-The Power
2-The nimble handling.

Things I will love
1-The Russell Day Long that I should get on Wednesday. I wish the Russel off my 1150GS-Adventure fit. I'm good friends with that seat.
2-The soon to be low modified Pivot Pegz I should get by Thrusday
3-The Rox Riser I should get on Thursday also.
4-The 3 additional power sockets I plan on installing.

JM screwed with this post 06-21-2013 at 02:39 PM
Old 06-15-2013, 10:16 PM   #20
VEGASGSA
Need more Summer

Oddometer: 6,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by JM View Post
Things I hate
1-The seat. It keeps sliding Mr. Happy and the Boys in the direction of the tank.
2-The high foot pegs. Combined with the low seat the knee angle is killing me.
3-The position of the handle bars. With the high pegs and the low bars I can't ride with confidence standing up.
4-Why isn't there a accessory socket or two on the dash somewhere?

Things I love
1-The Power
2-The nimble handling.

Things I will love
1-The Russel Day Long that I should get on Wednesday
2-The soon to be low modified Pivot Pegz I should get by Thrusday
3-The Rox Riser I should get on Thursday also.
4-The 3 additional power plugs I plan on installing.
Raise the seat in the front..leave rear in low postion..it helps..some

Bar risets from any of many suppliers..
VEGASGSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:28 PM   #21
JM OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGASGSA View Post
Raise the seat in the front..leave rear in low postion..it helps..some

Bar risets from any of many suppliers..
I tried leaving the rear adjuster in the low position. It helped the sliding but it gave my right knee more grief.

I'm looking forward to trying the Rox Risers. I'll be able to move the bars forward a little with those. That will open up the cockpit a little more for my mutantly long arms. I had 35mm risers and 2" lower foot pegs on the 1150. That gave me the near perfect standing posture. There don't seem to be as many options to lower the foot pegs on a 1200-Adventure. All I can find are pegs that lower your foot .8" to 1". I think moving the bushing on Pivot Pegz should give me close to 1" when you factor in how stupid high the stock pegs are. Why do the top of the stock pegs need to be 3/4" above the footpeg mounting pin on the frame of the bike?
Old 06-16-2013, 06:14 AM   #22
VEGASGSA
Need more Summer

You can move the bars forward and up (a little) by flipping the stock risers. Quick and easy if ya wanna do until your parts come in..
Old 06-16-2013, 06:27 AM   #23
JM OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGASGSA View Post
You can move the bars forward and up (a little) by flipping the stock risers. Quick and easy if ya wanna do until your parts come in..
Thanks for the tip. I'll flip 'em before I hit the road this morning. I've already angled them up as much as I can for riding seated. Which adds another WTF comment about the bike.

Why in Dogs name can't you pivot the left or right electronic control pods on the bars? You really need to rotate these things for the perfect custom fit for you hands and riding style. You can move the hand guards and the brake/clutch levers. But without being able to rotate the throttle cable up out of the way you can only move the front brake lever so much.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:26 PM   #24
N-m
Captain 2 Sexy

Oddometer: 354
Quote:
Why do the top of the stock pegs need to be 3/4" above the footpeg mounting pin on the frame of the bike?
Indeed. Sounds like they still have the same engineer working at the factory they pull measurements off of. He has been there since at least 1995.

Glad you like it. Looking forward to more pictures.
N-m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:11 PM   #25
JM OP
Studly Adventurer

I'm taking the new ride in for it's 600 service tomorrow. The dealer is really helping me out with the scheduling. He said the first opening was for next Thursday 27/June. I told him I had hoped to be at the Touratech Rally in Plain Washington on the 27th. He told me to hang on a second then came back and said bring it in tomorrow. These folks are the best.

Being the nice guy that I am I decided I'd help the mechanic out a little and wash the first 550 miles worth of bugs off. I went out and gave it a high speed rain ride wash job.

Postponing retirement one farkle at a time!
Old 06-18-2013, 10:20 PM   #26
VEGASGSA
Need more Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM View Post
Thanks for the tip. I'll flip 'em before I hit the road this morning. I've already angled them up as much as I can for riding seated. Which adds another WTF comment about the bike.

Why in Dogs name can't you pivot the left or right electronic control pods on the bars? You really need to rotate these things for the perfect custom fit for you hands and riding style. You can move the hand guards and the brake/clutch levers. But without being able to rotate the throttle cable up out of the way you can only move the front brake lever so much.
The right side does I think..the left is pinned..you need to drill a new hole..

..haven't moved my switch gear..juz the levers..
Old 06-20-2013, 03:29 PM   #27
squatch.f22
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
JM,
Agree with you on the seat... I have to do something different there but not sure what yet. I got risers for the bars and that helped. It would be nice to have a socket by the handlebars but I'll do that myself.

I'm also fighting the windshield. In the highest position, the wind is directed right at the visor on my helmet. Anywhere else I get a full face of air.

Love everything else!

- Justin
2013 1200 GSA
squatch.f22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:54 PM   #28
JM OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by squatch.f22 View Post
JM,
I'm also fighting the windshield. In the highest position, the wind is directed right at the visor on my helmet. Anywhere else I get a full face of air.

Love everything else!

- Justin
2013 1200 GSA
I'm not getting a full face of air but I do plan on adding a windscreen spoiler. I had one on my 1150GS-Adventure and it made a world of difference.

http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/1...00GS-Adventure

I should be adding a Russel Day Long to the bike tomorrow. I need to run down to UPS in the morning to pick it up. That should fix my seat issue.

I picked up the 1200 this morning after getting a 600 mile service done. I don't like to see my bikes on trailers but sometimes you do what you gotta do. Kudos once again to the Service Department at my local dealer. They sure are treating me right!

Old 06-21-2013, 12:10 PM   #29
JM OP
Studly Adventurer

I hung a few trinkets of the 1200 this morning. I installed Pivot Pegz and a new to me Russell Day Long

Out with the old

In with the new

Next up will be lower crash guard bars and Rox Risers.

Old 06-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #30
squatch.f22
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Touratech spoiler looks great... might have to give that a try. How do you like the seat?

- Justin
2013 1200 GSA
squatch.f22 is offline   Reply With Quote