ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2013, 02:14 AM   #15661
murdock84
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 550
Another diver here. In 2009 I got married (11am) and finished my dive certification (3pm) on the same day in Jamaica. Did a few dives that week while there and just got back from another trip in april and did 2 more dives while there for the week. I got a few other guys that want to get certified now on our next trip after doing the "resort course".

A friend works at the dive shop at Bainbridge Quarry but I never been there diving. I think I'm hooked on warm clear water now. Maybe I'll take my dentist up and use his palce in the keys and go diving. The next trip to Jamaica I'll be doing my advanced open water.
murdock84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 04:38 AM   #15662
NachoRoto OP
Meet you there. OK?

Oddometer: 5,700
I am certified in MUF and PIE diving. But my marriage license has curbed my diving.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:24 AM   #15663
eddie bolted
BOING!!!

Oddometer: 3,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by beantop View Post
I'm a BMW owner (well actually mom owns it, I just get to enjoy it), there's a difference.

not all BMW owners are fags, But all BMW fags own BMW's..

Knda like the harly guys.

I tend to hang with the cool BMW crowd..
Enduro dan
GS waeve
Splits lanes and sawing logz (and their group)
DenisSMS (former BMW Fag)
ammocanGS

are a few that come to mind

and anyone else that isn't emersed in being so brand loyal that they insist there is nothing beter than their particular brand (IE BMW FAG, Harley Guys, KTM dudes)

Its all about the riding not the Brand....

It's that you ride, Not What you ride.

That's BULLSHIT...the only REAL motorcycle is the KLR,everyone else are just posers!

It's mostly Dan........I knew he couldn't keep a secret(SCOTTY P)
eddie bolted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:49 AM   #15664
Jeff B
Socially Awkward

Oddometer: 5,543
I can't say that I have ever met anyone who rides a BMW that I disliked. What's w/all this bad talk.

I kinda get mad at the bikes sometimes due to some of the ownership costs and engineering decisions, but ya can't fault the owners for that.
Jeff B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:24 AM   #15665
NachoRoto OP
Meet you there. OK?

Not me Jeff. The only BMW riders I think are cool are the Dans. And I find a handful of other tolerable.
I have yet to meet a teneré rider that wasn't a complete tool either. Vstrom owners are assholes. But funny entertaining assholes. My kind if people.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:35 AM   #15666
beantop
Remember, Safty Forced

Oddometer: 3,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff B View Post
I can't say that I have ever met anyone who rides a BMW that I disliked. What's w/all this bad talk.

I kinda get mad at the bikes sometimes due to some of the ownership costs and engineering decisions, but ya can't fault the owners for that.

You have to goto a BMW rally to meet the real A-holes, Cause they're too good to hang out where we would normally be.

I agree all the ADV guys on BMW's or harley's for that mater are cool, Its just the doctors,lawyers, and cooperate big wigs (that tink their poop don't stink) that buy a BMW or Harley to try to fit in with thre cool guys. Usually they fail misserably and end up just forming thier own click of bigger a-holes. Kinda Ironic they try to do somthing to be cool and end up just refining their a-hole-ness with all their other a-hole buddies....

all the guys I've met through the ADV comunity get the bike that suite their riding needs no matter the brand or what not and are generally down to earth kinda people.

that's just my opinion, I guess there's nothing wrong with being a BMW snob (fag), if that's what your into, but I'd rather not be assocciated with 90% of them..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenniSMC View Post
Not me Jeff. The only BMW riders I think are cool are the Dans. And I find a handful of other tolerable.
I have yet to meet a teneré rider that wasn't a complete tool either. Vstrom owners are assholes. But funny entertaining assholes. My kind if people.
Yep you got it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie bolted View Post
[/COLOR]
That's BULLSHIT...the only REAL motorcycle is the KLR,everyone else are just posers!

Now the KLR crowd, well never mind, I've proll done enough damage here for a lil while...
Hi Connie
Peaceful Valley MY ASS (Eddie Bolted)

beantop screwed with this post 06-16-2013 at 08:40 AM
beantop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:38 AM   #15667
NachoRoto OP
Meet you there. OK?

OMB

Well said Bean. And the spelling was fantastic. Your slipping. I agree completely.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:43 AM   #15668
beantop
Remember, Safty Forced

Quote:
OMB

Well said Bean. And the spelling was fantastic. Your slipping. I agree completely.

I can't get this effin speel chequer to tern oof..

If eye donut figquer et oot sune, eye'm gunna goe nutz.....
Hi Connie
Old 06-16-2013, 09:02 AM   #15669
beantop
Remember, Safty Forced

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandoCommando View Post
I'm PADI certified Open Water, and it's been years since I've been in the water.
I pretty much have everything except tanks, compass and computer.
I have a dive light, but need to get a battery for it.
No clue what the difference is between primary and secondary dive lights though.
I actually have two HEEDs (Helicopter Emergency Egress Device), which are basically spare air tanks.
I'd be interested in the refresher course, depending on when and where.
And I'd be interested in the advanced course as well provided I get the refresher and can get off from work.

from What I gather, you can goto your local dive shop to find out where to get a refesher course ( just a one nite deal), Usuallly at a local indoor pool wher they just run you through the basic skills agian. I usually do one before I go on a cruise, just to keep me up to spped for the benefit of the dive instructors and other divers in my group. If every one would do it, we couls save a lot of tyme refreshing and more tyme diving when your on vacation.
The secondary dive lite is just a back up in case your primary should fail for some reason, Just an extra insurance so you don't have to end your session if you should have a problem.

I'll Pm you the insructors number and you can have a talk with him, But I wouldn't be suprised if your local dive shop won't try to talk you into doing a similar course with them (Maybe even at the same date and tyme) after they find out your planning a doing the AOW cert. which is no problem after all if they wouldn't try they wouldn't be in bussiness very long.

all you would need to do is do the refresh and get the required reading material and do the Knowledge reviews befroe the AOW cert class. I'm sure the instructor you use is gonna want to provide you with the whole package (except the refresh class).
IE If you get the reading materials from one instructor then try to take the class with another that may be a little non-profesional. I'll caall the instructor and see if he would mind if i give out his number.
Hi Connie
Old 06-16-2013, 09:22 AM   #15670
WayneJ
LFC/CCCCC

Oddometer: 5,513
Quote:
You have to goto a BMW rally to meet the real A-holes, Cause they're too good to hang out where we would normally be.

I agree all the ADV guys on BMW's or harley's for that mater are cool, Its just the doctors,lawyers, and cooperate big wigs (that tink their poop don't stink) that buy a BMW or Harley to try to fit in with thre cool guys. Usually they fail misserably and end up just forming thier own click of bigger a-holes. Kinda Ironic they try to do somthing to be cool and end up just refining their a-hole-ness with all their other a-hole buddies....

all the guys I've met through the ADV comunity get the bike that suite their riding needs no matter the brand or what not and are generally down to earth kinda people.

that's just my opinion, I guess there's nothing wrong with being a BMW snob (fag), if that's what your into, but I'd rather not be assocciated with 90% of them..
OMB!

Not a beanism to be found.

You been drinkin'?

Honda's rule bitches!
Because they're ridden by the nicest people.

20% Smug Mug Credit
WayneJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:28 AM   #15671
beantop
Remember, Safty Forced

Quote:
what tyme and where at...Do they have food..

OMB!!! are you gonna make BYOB.....
you do have another vehicle don't you..

I may go check out Dutch Springs Aqua Park in bethlehem, PA tomorrow...

For some reason I am on a kick to get back into SCUBA diving... Prolly that stupid TV comercial...(can't even remember what its for) Apparently it not a good comercial or I'm just stupid.....

SUBARU.....

I guess the comercial really did werk... I was just sitting aroun doing nothing and it hit me... Outa the blue I thought.... I should buy a subaru , then get my dive cert, Maybe I'll see a falcon on the way, or I could do a log roll, I wander what those stink bugs taste like, I wander where the closest hot springs are.... What was I doing again, oh yeah...

Hi Connie
Old 06-16-2013, 09:33 AM   #15672
Laconic
Anodyne

Oddometer: 16,845
I was eyeballing the hell out of a F800GT yesterday...
Laconic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:35 AM   #15673
NachoRoto OP
Meet you there. OK?

I had a nice ride this morning. A quick 100 miles alone between 8 and 10. The bike feels great now with the new gearing. Smooth, fast and it handles real nice in the dirt with the new gearing. No bucking it staling.

The lights are much better mounted high. I am finally feeling at home now on my new bike.

Old 06-16-2013, 10:40 AM   #15674
beantop
Remember, Safty Forced

Quote:

I had a nice ride this morning. A quick 100 miles alone between 8 and 10. The bike feels great now with the new gearing. Smooth, fast and it handles real nice in the dirt with the new gearing. No bucking it staling.

The lights are much better mounted high. I am finally feeling at home now on my new bike.

Now all you have to do is knock the shine off of it (if you want anyone to believe it's your bike).... I still have my doubts.....
Hi Connie
Old 06-16-2013, 11:11 AM   #15675
BroncoDave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,519
Quote:
INDEED the strom still needs more cowbell For Jeff he needs a chuckle
BroncoDave is offline   Reply With Quote