Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #1
havakj OP
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Seattle To 2014 World Cup Brazil

Hi All,

I'm in the process of developing plans for my trip to the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. Two of my best friends and I have been planning on going for years, and I am currently debating my method of travel down there.

TO BIKE OR TO FLY?

I have an '05 V-strom that is outfitted well for distance travel, but I have yet to take it further than Vegas to Seattle when I bought it in Feb.

I know there is a "Is Mexico Safe?" thread, but it is over 1000 pages, and I also know things have changed significantly in the past couple years since the thread was started.

I would be grateful for any suggestions or recommendations you might be able to provide regarding safety or time it might take to get from Seattle to Sao Paulo.

I would also love to plan this trip with others, so if anyone is looking for a potential long ride or would be interested in joining for segments please feel free to chime in.

Thank you very much!
JKH
havakj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:16 PM   #2
chilango13
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 175
Lucky!

When is the World Cup Happening? I'd love to go, but I only have the months of June and July off. Mexico is pretty safe. You'll love it.
chilango13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:52 PM   #3
kuroda_tadayoshi
Kuroda

Oddometer: 141
Visa

Do you have a visa yet? If not, start working on it now. It is a bitch for Brazil, if you are an American.

http://sistemas.mre.gov.br/kitweb/da...le/tourist.pdf

Most difficult of all the countries. You have to have an itinerary to submit to them, including where you are staying. Plus, you will probably have to pay an approved third party to go to the embassy in San Fransisco to submit the paperwork. It can take awhile, so start planning now.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:21 AM   #4
havakj OP
n00b

Oddometer: 2
The cup runs June 12th through July 13th, if you are at all interested in going to matches, tickets go on sale August 20th I believe.

Thanks for the info on the Brazilian visa! Didn't realize that. I had to do a similar thing for South Africa, but that was because I was staying 6 months. Do you nerd the up front visa for Brazil even for a shorter visit?

Thanks for the info!
havakj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:43 AM   #5
kuroda_tadayoshi
Kuroda

Oddometer: 141
Yep

You need the Visa even for one day. And it will cost you at least a couple hundred when you are done with all the fees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by havakj View Post
The cup runs June 12th through July 13th, if you are at all interested in going to matches, tickets go on sale August 20th I believe.

Thanks for the info on the Brazilian visa! Didn't realize that. I had to do a similar thing for South Africa, but that was because I was staying 6 months. Do you nerd the up front visa for Brazil even for a shorter visit?

Thanks for the info!