Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2013, 06:30 AM   #61
prestonpaul OP
What?

Oddometer: 1,491
WooHoo! I actualy have the 28th of September off!, And the 23rd of November too! Of course I am supposed to work the Sunday both weekends, but nothing a little annual leve won't fix.
A road ride sounds good, I had friends with roadies express interest in joining in last year so hopefully the option of a road ride may create some more interest.
Old 06-16-2013, 02:57 PM   #62
GagsD2
...Are we there yet?

Oddometer: 1,354
Told!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Jane View Post
Hi there XRsquiggle
No the ride won't end up at Fongies
Different format this year, we are doing rides in most states but not linking them up. So it will be shorter, but just as fun
I've got some nice little tracks to ride that I suspect most people will find a bit surprising so close to Melbourne.

Slow and Gags had better be there, other wise there will be trouble.
Yes Miss Jane!!

p.s. I will be in Bendigo next weekend.....out past the big bore rifle range flinging arrows again!!
Old 08-29-2013, 09:13 PM   #63
prestonpaul OP
What?

Bump,
Anything I can do to get the ball rolling in Victoria?
I know Miss Jane and Gags are both tied up with other things at the moment so if there is anything I can do to help out let me know
Old 09-23-2013, 03:30 PM   #64
Looking Around
Traveller

Oddometer: 104
Is it happening?

Hi just wondering if the ride listed for this weekend is happening please?
Looking Around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:04 PM   #65
prestonpaul OP
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking Around View Post
Hi just wondering if the ride listed for this weekend is happening please?
The short answer is no, the long answer is there may be a replacement further down the track on the 8-9 of November leaving from Castelmaine
:)
Old 09-24-2013, 02:44 AM   #66
Adventcha UnCut
Wannabe

Oddometer: 311
Victorian Cancer Council Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prestonpaul View Post
The short answer is no, the long answer is there may be a replacement further down the track on the 8-9 of November leaving from Castelmaine
:)
It looks like the Cancer Ride for Victoria will be on the weekend of 23-24 of November and we will try to incorporate a visit to the Alpine Shire Relay for Life event as part of the ride. I'm waiting for Emmett Bronca from the Cancer Council to get back to me to confirm if this is OK - I'll chase him up tomorrow. Does anyone have any ideas for a mainly dirt ride (and suitable for even Big Pigs (i.e. GS12/S10/1190-9X0)) that could start say an hour from Melbourne and get to Bright by late afternoon and also think of a suitable location for a bush ADV camp ? No problems organising a road ride to the same area but given this forum would rather do dirt. Will reconnoiter the route in advance even if people can suggest sections that would be fantastic.
Will get onto the Riverina Riders and see if they have any suggestions, a few of those blokes have been involved in the past when Bronx tried to run the event as a relay ride (Ray, Troy, Unc & Beet)?

Cheers,

Michael

Adventcha UnCut screwed with this post 09-24-2013 at 02:49 AM
Adventcha UnCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:32 AM   #67
prestonpaul OP
What?

A quick google search came up with: http://www.exploreaustralia.net.au/V...s-Camping-Area, apparently there are 5 camping grounds along that road, on the river and get a good rap on explore oz. The downside is they may be a bit busy that time of year. The road from Dandongadale to Whitfield is a good ride, so could be an option for a way out in the morning.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:23 AM   #68
Looking Around
Traveller

Thanks for the update. Looks like a solo ride for the weekend.

I live near Bright, so if anyone wants some local knowledge, sing out. Plenty of camping not far from Bright - Buckland Valley on the river 20 min from Bright, Smoko or Germantown between Harrietville and Bright - not far from the bitumen - would suit road bikes. Heaps of caravan parks if you want a shower and even upmarket accommodation.

Also plenty of good 2wd tracks suitable for the bigger and 4wd tracks for the smaller advers. Send a PM if you want info.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:52 AM   #69
Adventcha UnCut
Wannabe

Cancer Ride to Bright 23 & 24th of Movember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking Around View Post
Thanks for the update. Looks like a solo ride for the weekend.

I live near Bright, so if anyone wants some local knowledge, sing out. Plenty of camping not far from Bright - Buckland Valley on the river 20 min from Bright, Smoko or Germantown between Harrietville and Bright - not far from the bitumen - would suit road bikes. Heaps of caravan parks if you want a shower and even upmarket accommodation.

Also plenty of good 2wd tracks suitable for the bigger and 4wd tracks for the smaller advers. Send a PM if you want info.
Good stuff LA, spoke to Emmett from the Cancer Council yesterday and we've definitely got a gig at the Bright R4L event at 4.00pm on the 23rd so if we can organise a ride into Bright at that time from near Melbourne and then somewhere to camp in the bush afterwards I reckon we'll be on a winner. Will PM phone number so we can discuss further.

Cheers,

Michael
Old 10-07-2013, 04:28 AM   #70
Looking Around
Traveller

Gday Michael, I left a message on your phone yesterday.

Cheerio,
Cameron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventcha UnCut View Post
Good stuff LA, spoke to Emmett from the Cancer Council yesterday and we've definitely got a gig at the Bright R4L event at 4.00pm on the 23rd so if we can organise a ride into Bright at that time from near Melbourne and then somewhere to camp in the bush afterwards I reckon we'll be on a winner. Will PM phone number so we can discuss further.

Cheers,

Michael
Old 10-08-2013, 03:32 AM   #71
Adventcha UnCut
Wannabe

Motorcycling Against Cancer Ride - Alpine Shire 23/24th November

Just spoken with Looking Around (Cameron) who is going to put together some suggested routes and timings so we can get from Mansfield to Bright on Sat 23rd of November in time for the Opening Ceremony of the Alpine R4L event at 16:00. Plan is then to head to a bush camp up the Buckland Valley for the evening then ride some of the hills around the Ovens/Kiewa/Mitta Valleys on Sunday before returning home. Vic ADVers (& Riverina ADVers too) should put this in in your dairies now - it should be a blast
Stay Tuned.

Michael
Old 10-08-2013, 03:37 AM   #72
prestonpaul OP
What?

I put in my leave request for Sunday this evening, been looking forward to this one for a while.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:45 AM   #73
Miss Jane
Ride like a girl

Oddometer: 1,944
Amazing views south from the back of Mt Buffalo, along Goldie Spur Track. Good way to get from Buckland River Valley to Lake Buffalo. You can keep heading west from there on dirt, which gets you to Whitfield.
Miss Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:07 AM   #74
Adventcha UnCut
Wannabe

Goldie Spur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Jane View Post
Amazing views south from the back of Mt Buffalo, along Goldie Spur Track. Good way to get from Buckland River Valley to Lake Buffalo. You can keep heading west from there on dirt, which gets you to Whitfield.
Hi Jane - these are exactly the roads that Looking Around has suggested, with alternatives for the various skill sets and bike capacities. Hell, even road bikes can be accommodated in this country .

The potential for rides on Sunday is pretty awesome too

Will you be gracing us with your presence ?

Cheers,

Michael
Old 10-08-2013, 04:08 AM   #75
Adventcha UnCut
Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by prestonpaul View Post
I put in my leave request for Sunday this evening, been looking forward to this one for a while.
Great Paul, it's been a while since we've caught up