Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #11
GAS GUY OP
MILE EATER

Oddometer: 2,778
Fathers day surprise !!!

Sometime around 6 o' clock I rolled into Surry, Virginia and surprised my Dad on Fathers day !!!

I never let him know I was coming down.

He has been down here working in the shipyard in Newport News for about 10 years now.
After the Tool and Die trade dried up in the Automotive field,15 or 20 years ago,he started working in the Defense side of the trade. (First the Planes and now the ships.)

The Norfolk Naval base is the largest in the USA.(probably in the world) and Virginia is a center of Shipbuilding.

He lives just off Rolfe Hwy (31) a mile or two from the Jamestown Scotland Ferry.

His place is down a little dirt driveway set back in the woods.It is pretty much a cobbled up shack with a leaky tin roof and unfinished walls and such.
It is an unfinished addition on an existing house,that he rents from the eccentric owner, who lives in the front section.
My Dad has about 6 cats,so it was one of the few places he could find that did not mind all the cats.

BABY - The Detroit Feral cat

A couple of years ago while staying (in an efficiency Motel) and visiting for the summer (Detroit suburbs) my Dad befriended this wild feral female cat.
It took him months of leaving out cans of Tuna and Sardines and talking to her to finally coax her into the Motel.
She was just skin and bones.
He became very attached to her and decided to keep her and named her Baby.
Shortly before he was getting ready to leave and go back to Virginia he had a dilema.
He normally takes the Amtrak train back and forth but could not take a cat with him.
To make matters worse the cat was pregnant.He could not bear to leave her behind.
So he paid a friend to drive him and the cat all the way to Virginia.
Baby is doing great now.
Baby had 5 kittens and he named and kept them all.
Its funny,even the kittens(even full grown and raised with love) are kind of wild and skittish to strangers.
But Baby seemed to remember me.

This is one of BABY's baby's named WOLFY.
He is huge.He is a beautifull cat.

DAY 3 ROUTE MAP

IBA # 23,716
http://gasguysadventures.blogspot.com/

GAS GUY screwed with this post 12-15-2013 at 05:21 PM
GAS GUY is online now   Reply With Quote