User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2013, 12:02 PM   #1
bigborefan OP
Making new friends

Oddometer: 1,187
Hammer Nutrition

Anyone ever use this stuff? If so, what did you use and what type of activities were you doing?

I need something for all days rides. AMA Dual Sport stuff. I am old and out of shape and need a boost...

http://www.hammernutrition.com/

You meet the nicest people on a Honda
bigborefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:57 PM   #2
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,315
Yes, been using the hammer gel espresso for a few years now as well as recoverite. I started using it when cycling and continue to use it when riding off road. I buy the big jugs of it and refill into a smaller squeeze bottle. Makes a great snack and pick me up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IBA #50489
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:25 PM   #3
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,144
I used Hammer stuff for a while when I was riding centuries on my road bike.. plus for running and other aerobic sports.. it is good stuff.. really no different than Cytomax or other name brand stuff.. everyone has their recipe for carb/protein ratio's, caffeine or not.. etc etc. It is good stuff... keep an eye out on steepandcheap and sometimes similar stuff will come up for 50% off.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:24 PM   #4
Low Drag
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
I'll 2nd or 3rd the comments on Hammer products. They are high quality, top notch products. I've used them on the bicycle, century riding, lots of climbs etc around the Denver, CO/front range area and the evil Moab Century.

Most any cycling shop will have some Hammer stuff. I like their gels for climbing, some of the bars not so much. Their electrolyte replacement stuff is very good. As always try this type of stuff when you're feeling good, not wrung out and tired. If they don't sit well in your stomach comfy in your living room then don't mess with it when you're working hard.

The gel produces are great for giving you a boost but like all sweet stuff you'll crash. There are dozens of good options at cycling/tri shops for work out nutrition. All I can say is try various stuff til you find something you like.

I'm new to duel sport and motorcycles in general. I'm surprised at the workout I get when off road.
Low Drag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:25 AM   #5
johnno950
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 752
Zacspeed backpacks

Anyone used this brand?,just after info on quality etc,currently looking at the 22lt dakar pack,can it be used without the oem/supplied chest protector/plate ?.Any other flags on klim/ other brands etc would be good,thanks gentlemen
johnno950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:48 AM   #6
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnno950 View Post
Anyone used this brand?,just after info on quality etc,currently looking at the 22lt dakar pack,can it be used without the oem/supplied chest protector/plate ?.Any other flags on klim/ other brands etc would be good,thanks gentlemen
No experience, but I don't think it would taste very good and has no nutritional value
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:39 AM   #7
OneZero
TGT of Opportunity

Oddometer: 310
Hammer perpetuem is great for maintaining performance during workouts over 2 hours while Heed (high endurance electrolyte drink) is good for shorter workouts. I recently ran a 50 mile trail race using Heed, Perpetuem, and Saltstick sodium capsules with no issues. Nutrition was actually THE most important factor and hammer products kept me going. The solid perpetuem tablets are convenient to carry but you need about 8 oz of water to wash each one down...YMMV though. Based on your mentioned needs, I would recommend you start with just the Heed and see how it works. It's not syrupy like Gatorade and powerade so it doesn't leave a film in your mouth.

There is no greater honor in this world than leading U.S. Soldiers at home and abroad. 'nuff said.
OneZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:19 AM   #8
johnno950
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikertrash View Post
No experience, but I don't think it would taste very good and has no nutritional value
sorry gents,sort of posted in wrong area,
johnno950 is offline   Reply With Quote