Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2013, 03:41 PM   #286
Tourmeister
What's that funny noise?

Oddometer: 1,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by BENJAMANIAC View Post
Santa treated me well.. Getting my badlands pro stuff this week with the neduro discount!
Speak more of this discount please... Where would you have to order and is it still in effect? Does it have to do with having donated to his Dakar effort (which I did ).

I have the Motoport Kevalar Airmesh suit. Love the protection. But once it starts getting chilly/wet, I don't like messing with liners. So I have been scoping out the Badlands Pro jacket... I can't believe a jacket that costs this much doesn't come with at least a basic thermal liner. By the time I might add a KLIM liner for warmth, the cost of it and the jacket are almost as much as my entire Motorport suit, even after having that suit custom fitted and numerous custom changes made to it. So ANY break on price would be welcome!!

Two Wheeled Texans
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:29 PM   #287
grahamspc
Smitty

Oddometer: 124
Picked up a new Badlands today...they seem to have addressed all the negative issues in the earlier posts...collar/arm adjusters/main entry Velcro...collar very comfortable...after only 50 miles on the jacket I really like it...85 degrees here and jacket flows a lot of air/all vents open...thought I would remove chest protectors but now think I will leave in...flows lots of air without collar open and even more with it open...wrist condoms are ok...this was only 50 miles...will do about 100 miles tomorrow and report back..80 to 90 degrees tomorrow and humid...will see how it feels.
grahamspc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:50 PM   #288
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,475
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamspc View Post
Picked up a new Badlands today...they seem to have addressed all the negative issues in the earlier posts...collar/arm adjusters/main entry Velcro...collar very comfortable...after only 50 miles on the jacket I really like it...85 degrees here and jacket flows a lot of air/all vents open...thought I would remove chest protectors but now think I will leave in...flows lots of air without collar open and even more with it open...wrist condoms are ok...this was only 50 miles...will do about 100 miles tomorrow and report back..80 to 90 degrees tomorrow and humid...will see how it feels.
Cool beans Graham... can you post a pic or two of the collar and arms? like to see how it looks compared to mine

Thanx JJ
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:20 AM   #289
grahamspc
Smitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jettn Jim View Post
Cool beans Graham... can you post a pic or two of the collar and arms? like to see how it looks compared to mine

Thanx JJ
Will do as soon as I figure out how to post pictures
Old 07-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #290
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 16,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamspc View Post
Will do as soon as I figure out how to post pictures
this is one free method:
http://imageshack.us/

smugmug supports ADV
http://www.smugmug.com/
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Facebook - please come follow us:
https://www.facebook.com/butlermaps
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:59 AM   #291
grahamspc
Smitty

Update...liked the jacket so much-I picked up the pants...sizing-fits close to true size..I am 5' 11" and 200 lb...take a 44 suit jacket/32 sleeve and the Klim Large is perfect(per Klim chart-187-210lb/66"-76"tall/42-45chest/30-32sleeve)...Pants-suit pants 36"-37"waist and 30-31" inseam and the Klim 38 reg works for me(room for layering and Christmas dinner)..per Klim chart-size 38 fits 37"-43" waist and 33" inseam-realistically probably a 37-39(the waist range of fitment is a little optimistic) and adding 2" or so to leg length for sitting on bike is about right-so 33" leg is perfect for me....gotta get some more miles in to give decent review..another update later..hope sizing info helps.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:59 AM   #292
GS Bloke
n00b

Oddometer: 2
How are people finding this stuff in the cold?
Mine is not warm, the trousers are very draughty to the point were I can't use them in the cold, even with a pair of jeans on underneath they leave me with a cold leg.
May have to dig out my old cheap Richa gear.
GS Bloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 12:34 PM   #293
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS Bloke View Post
How are people finding this stuff in the cold?
Mine is not warm, the trousers are very draughty to the point were I can't use them in the cold, even with a pair of jeans on underneath they leave me with a cold leg.
May have to dig out my old cheap Richa gear.
it is a technical shell...it is not designed for cold....layer layer layer...
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:10 PM   #294
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,475
Yes Layer maaan layer! I've used my BP Jacket all year long from the Blue Ridge to Newfoundland Rain, Sleet and Snow.
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:20 AM   #295
Tourmeister
What's that funny noise?

Oddometer: 1,050
I love my Klim BP jacket/pants. However, for the price, it seems a bit lame that they do not come with some kind of inner layer. Much cheaper suits come with them. I totally understand the layer layer layer thing and that is what I do. But that means I have to BUY extra layers, which effectively drives up the cost of the suit even more than its already expensive price.

As for the legs, I find that with my dirt boots on, the pants are snug enough that I don't get much airflow up the legs. I wear LDComfort riding tights usually and am comfortable with those down to the mid 40s. Lower than that and I wear a pair of Klim Inferno pants. Those are good down to the low 30s. After that, I stop riding.

I wear the long sleeve turtle neck from LDComfort under the jacket, hot or cold. I've worn it in 100 F plus temps and with the vents open, I was comfortable. The shirt really helps. I also wear it in the cold. I might put a cotton shirt over it, but more often if it gets that cold I will put a Klim Inversion jacket on under the main jacket. That is comfy down into the 40s. After that, electric vest

Keep in mind though that I got my Inferno pants and Inversion jacket on sale and they still set me back another $225 or so beyond the cost of the BP pants/jacket! Of course, the main reason I got the BP suit was for the Gore-tex and armor. I HATE dealing with rain suits/liners.

Two Wheeled Texans
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:23 PM   #296
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmeister View Post
I love my Klim BP jacket/pants. However, for the price, it seems a bit lame that they do not come with some kind of inner layer. Much cheaper suits come with them. I totally understand the layer layer layer thing and that is what I do. But that means I have to BUY extra layers, which effectively drives up the cost of the suit even more than its already expensive price.

As for the legs, I find that with my dirt boots on, the pants are snug enough that I don't get much airflow up the legs. I wear LDComfort riding tights usually and am comfortable with those down to the mid 40s. Lower than that and I wear a pair of Klim Inferno pants. Those are good down to the low 30s. After that, I stop riding.

I wear the long sleeve turtle neck from LDComfort under the jacket, hot or cold. I've worn it in 100 F plus temps and with the vents open, I was comfortable. The shirt really helps. I also wear it in the cold. I might put a cotton shirt over it, but more often if it gets that cold I will put a Klim Inversion jacket on under the main jacket. That is comfy down into the 40s. After that, electric vest

Keep in mind though that I got my Inferno pants and Inversion jacket on sale and they still set me back another $225 or so beyond the cost of the BP pants/jacket! Of course, the main reason I got the BP suit was for the Gore-tex and armor. I HATE dealing with rain suits/liners.
Just like goretex hiking jackets, most people use their own fleece or wool, etc layers underneath. I have a closet full of layers (fleece, LDC, W&S). I wouldn't want to buy a shell that came with another fleece liner. Yes, they're expensive, especially if you pay retail. If you knew how much they sell them to MIL/LE and industry professionals, it would probably make you sick. I'd buy used or through Promotive if you qualify.
IBA #50489
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote