Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #1
RedMongoose OP
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Eh? 2000 Super Sherpa Carb hose routing?

I had to do a carb cleaning yesterday on my housemates Super Sherpa, as it turns out, the air filter was not maintained and sort of fell apart and got sucked into the carbs, causing it to stutter and die. So in my brazen and stupid attempt, I pull the carbs (Which I am highly unfamiliar with- Only worked on a Bandit 400 and a Ninja 250 Carburetor before... I am quite carb stupid, i'll admit), and go through the normal motions of taking it apart, using a wire to clear the holes, getting the dirt out of the float bowls, checking specs- all that.

So I go to put it back on, and suddenly my mind goes completely blank - What does that thing do? Where does this hose go? Why do I have 2 of them laying on the ground?

So the bike is bolted back together currently, its just I have these tubes that I have no idea where they go, here they are:

The black one is unplugged, and I don't know what goes on that tube...

These were laying on the ground. One has a smaller inner diameter, while the other one is thick and has a kink in it that loops it back around that looks factory...

I looped this one around, so the blue circle is the end of it.

Any help is appreciated- I've looked all over, and I can't find anything that outlines the hose routing :(
RedMongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:19 PM   #2
TexBiker
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 815
I'll take some pictures of mine in the morning and post them for you. I can't remember the routing off the top of my head.

-Mark Twain
TexBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:57 PM   #3
RedMongoose OP
n00b

Thanks, Tex!

It's been perplexing me- though the bike is down for a bit until the new air filter arrives- like hell am I firing it up with nothing to stop dirt from getting in the engine... So no rush!
Old 06-17-2013, 08:58 AM   #4
TexBiker
Studly Adventurer

Ok, here are some quick and dirty shots of the carb on my bike.

Most of the lines are just vents. The upper line on the left side of the bike goes back behind the shock to the airbox. The black 90 degree line is just a vent that hangs down by the footpeg. And the line below it is the fuel line from the petcock.

On the right side, the line snakes around behind the carb and drops down to vent with the others by the footpeg.

If you have an extra line, check your tank vent. If you lift the seat, you'll see a nipple there at the back of the tank. The vent line runs down next to the footpeg with the others.

Hope that helps. If you need more pictures, I can go out later and remove the side panels to get better angles.

-Mark Twain

TexBiker screwed with this post 06-17-2013 at 09:12 AM
Old 06-17-2013, 10:42 AM   #5
RedMongoose OP
n00b

Helps a lot

Thanks Tex!

PS: Your sherpa is so much cleaner than mine! I'm embarrassed :P
Old 06-17-2013, 11:01 AM   #6
TexBiker
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMongoose View Post
Thanks Tex!

PS: Your sherpa is so much cleaner than mine! I'm embarrassed :P
Don't be...our Sherpas rarely see anything other than pavement or gravel roads. Although I did ride across my front yard yesterday! Does a half-acre of St. Augustine lawn count as off-road?

-Mark Twain
Old 06-17-2013, 04:49 PM   #7
jon_l
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,984
if you need more info, post here for more eyeballs

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...63308&page=186