Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2013, 08:34 PM   #11
redneckdan
Hold my beer & watch this

Oddometer: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by randysway View Post
I did not know that they had such things like foldable rods!! Very cool. Why is it when I go fishing though, I never hve any luck... but you guys say on the first or second cast you guys are hooking good fish?!
Until Friday I had been trying since mid April to find a nearby trout stream, with nothing to show for it. I put probably 1500 miles on between the FZ and the KLR chasing the damn things. Friday I rode 250 miles for one 6" brookie, that I didn't find til mid afternoon. Finding a stocked pit within 5 miles of my house was a total fluke, I was expecting rock bass. That couple hours of catching fish like mad equates to less than 5% of the time I've spent fishing this year. Sometimes shit just works out, most of the time it doesn't. But it is still better than work!

The best part of fishing at the pit yesterday? Hooking into a larger 'bow and handing the rod to a little girl who was at the pit there with her family and watching her fight the little beast. She even turned it loose without any one telling her to.

redneckdan screwed with this post 06-17-2013 at 08:40 PM
redneckdan is offline   Reply With Quote