Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2013, 04:07 PM   #301
OEFVET13
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Would this work for an 09 ninja 250? I bought it last year right before i deployed and now trying to get it tagged. I bought it from a guy who had purchased it from the original owner and didnt realise the original owner had put his address in the buyers portion of the title and my dmv won't accept it. They want me to get the original owner to sign an affidavit but the problem is i have never met the owner and he lives out of state. I was able to get insurance on it though but not tagged lol
OEFVET13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:50 PM   #302
WECSOG
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 225
Yeah, it should work for a 250 of any year since Vermont doesn't title anything smaller than 300cc.
WECSOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #303
Berto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by OEFVET13 View Post
Would this work for an 09 ninja 250? I bought it last year right before i deployed and now trying to get it tagged. I bought it from a guy who had purchased it from the original owner and didnt realise the original owner had put his address in the buyers portion of the title and my dmv won't accept it. They want me to get the original owner to sign an affidavit but the problem is i have never met the owner and he lives out of state. I was able to get insurance on it though but not tagged lol
Why not send the original owner a letter and see if he will help you out?

Everyone has a use in life. Even if it is only to serve as a bad example
Berto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:06 AM   #304
ReedRoth
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Just got my plates today...it took about a week and a half,also they sent my application back because they wanted proof that my bike was street legal but since mine is that was no problem...I wanted to take a pic but its raining here in NY and my plate is on my bike outside so ill take pics tommorow ..but this VT thing rocks thanks guys!
ReedRoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:09 PM   #305
TSACaptain
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Just sent mine into Vermont....waiting
TSACaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:42 PM   #306
Ken F
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReedRoth View Post
Just got my plates today...it took about a week and a half,also they sent my application back because they wanted proof that my bike was street legal but since mine is that was no problem...I wanted to take a pic but its raining here in NY and my plate is on my bike outside so ill take pics tommorow ..but this VT thing rocks thanks guys!
What did they want for proof?
Ken F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:13 AM   #307
ReedRoth
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken F View Post
What did they want for proof?
Just a letter from any bike shop saying that u made the necessary mods for street use
ReedRoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:27 AM   #308
QuiCkSiLv3R
CUSTOM USER TIT-LE

Oddometer: 24
anyone know if this works for off road vehicles? example: xr600

obviously I'd make it street legal.
QuiCkSiLv3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:42 PM   #309
WECSOG
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 225
Refer to the comment just above yours.
WECSOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:47 AM   #310
ProBassFromPA
n00b

Hello all!

I found this forum like many others have by searching for a reasonably priced way to get a title for one of my old bikes.

I have a 1975 Harley SX175 that I bought on eBay over 10 years ago and just never got around to making the paperwork right so I can ride it on the street.

I read all 21 pages of this thread so I would have a good understanding of what needed to be done. I started with the bill of sale form from Vt DMV's website. Next I filled out the registration form and valued the bike at $700 for a total of $86 ($44 for reg and $42 for the tax).

I sent the 2 forms and the check out last Weds night (06-12) so it started it's USPS journey first thing Thurs morning.

I can hardly wait to get this thing on the street! She's a 5 speed and in all the time I've had it I've never rode it in a place where I could get it out of second!

Starting yesterday afternoon I have been constantly checking my bank account online to see if they cashed the check. Not yet. I'll keep you all posted.

Thank you for the great information!

Scott D

ProBassFromPA screwed with this post 06-19-2013 at 03:12 PM
ProBassFromPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:08 AM   #311
garbagekid0
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Yea i used this loophole for my 78 vespa 50 special. Got the plates two weeks later and now i have a new scooter
garbagekid0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:04 AM   #312
brtuohy
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Hey everyone, so I recently purchased a 1973 honda cb175 in AK. You guessed it, no title. The guy I bought it from was originally going to strip it for parts for another resto project. he said he bought it off an old guy who had it just sitting in his barn for a few years. I want to get the bike restored and street legal but was wondering if this would still work, incase i cant get in touch with the last title holder? It would save a lot of heart ache and head bashing if its true. thanks!

Also what should I do when i go to register this in my home state? I feel like they would probably be looking out for such a thing, yes?

brtuohy screwed with this post 06-19-2013 at 07:17 AM
brtuohy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:37 AM   #313
Bobby Ginger
Cat Herder

Oddometer: 687
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS_0427 View Post
Another success story, my tag came today. Only took like a week after I sent the money!
Were you able to transfer to a FL title/tag?
Old 06-19-2013, 09:59 AM   #314
Boatman
Ride more, BS less!

Oddometer: 9,557
Guys,,, I just want to throw in my 2 cents here. Been noticing that there are quite a few N00bs posting that they found this thread after searching for ways to get bikes titled. That means there are other people also looking for this stuff. I can say with first hand knowledge that there are people from the DMV's and law enforcement looking for these threads. The "loop hole" through VT is perfectly legal and I have no issue with that but posting things like "I made my friend the seller" is highly illegal. This thread is all about doing it legally, please think about what you are sending before hitting the submit button.

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:24 PM   #315
TSACaptain
n00b

received my paperwork back, calculated the fees wrong. Sent in a new check with correct fees....fingers crossed
TSACaptain is offline   Reply With Quote