ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies Ė It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-14-2013, 07:57 PM   #31
Patj551
Studly Adventurer
 
Patj551's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Colorado Rockies
Oddometer: 630
I just booked an RV Spot at ArrowHead. I was pretty surprised they had space available. They are almost sold out of RV spots, so any other folks looking for hookups might want to call 719-395-2323. I'm really looking forward to this!
__________________
'14 KTM 350 XCF-W
'13 BMW F800GS (low)
'08 Yamaha FJR 1300
Patj551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:46 PM   #32
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Denver
Oddometer: 1,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey! View Post
I'm in! This will be an epic event, exceeding all expectations. Can't wait!

Great! We're looking forward to it, I hope it lives up to "epic" porpotions (I got you down in the main thread BTW)

So what bike are you going to be on? Did I read somewhere you got a new bike recently?




Pat....
Good to know, I was pretty sure they were booked up. So anyone that wants to bring a camper needs to register soon!!


Some pics from a few weekend ago with my Dad and Tomas. A little more of the easier DS terrain....














View from the tent area at Arrowhead Point!!!



Even if you have not been to an ADV event before, anyone is welcome and everyone is really helpful and friendly with tons of riding for all skill levels around BV. You will not regret making the trip down

Who's IN
COXR650L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:02 PM   #33
Pablo83
Sleep, Wrench, Ride
 
Pablo83's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Woodland Park, CO
Oddometer: 4,800
Friday Ride

So Friday I'll be hitting south Taylor singletrack. It looks like about 145 miles, much of it will be exploring new singletrack that I haven't done yet. Saturday I'll be doing Am Flag, followed by Pearl Pass.
Pablo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:29 PM   #34
dmac1
Desert SW Luvr
 
dmac1's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Elizabeth, Colorado
Oddometer: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo83 View Post
So Friday I'll be hitting south Taylor singletrack. It looks like about 145 miles, much of it will be exploring new singletrack that I haven't done yet. Saturday I'll be doing Am Flag, followed by Pearl Pass.
Can you provide more details of what you're thinking for Saturday? Any other notable trails you're gonna hit along the way?
__________________
RwR | BRC | COHVCO | USA-All | Gunny/C.B GOATS
2006 KTM 450 EXC
dmac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:25 AM   #35
Colemanfu
King of all manfu
 
Colemanfu's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: DAYTONA USA
Oddometer: 3,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo83 View Post
So Friday I'll be hitting south Taylor singletrack. It looks like about 145 miles, much of it will be exploring new singletrack that I haven't done yet. Saturday I'll be doing Am Flag, followed by Pearl Pass.

Hay Pap - curious were ya stay when you run thise trails? I be over that way next week leading up to BT.
__________________
Guns keep society safe.
Colemanfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:23 PM   #36
Pablo83
Sleep, Wrench, Ride
 
Pablo83's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Woodland Park, CO
Oddometer: 4,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac1 View Post
Can you provide more details of what you're thinking for Saturday? Any other notable trails you're gonna hit along the way?
Hereís what Iím thinking for Sat: Cottonwood Pass to Taylor Park. Then weíll start with Lily Pond; Iíll probably also publish some GPS track that show how to get around Lily Pond for the people that arenít interested in singletrack. Then take Italian Mtn rd to Am Flag Mtn. Iíll also publish track from here showing how to get back to the campground. After this the day becomes a lot harder: Reno Ridge, Deadman, Block and Tackle, Pearl Pass, Express Creek, and 440 (I think this is called Brush Creek), then home.
Pablo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #37
CaptRick
On dry land 4 now.....
 
CaptRick's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Santa Fe NM
Oddometer: 4,747
Im liking the easy part of that day, it leaves me time for a few adult beverages later in the day.....
__________________
Arggh ya scurvy dogs, thar's Pirating to be done!

Growing older every day but never growing up.

NMOHVA, COHVCO, AMA
CaptRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:18 PM   #38
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Denver
Oddometer: 1,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo83 View Post
Hereís what Iím thinking for Sat: Cottonwood Pass to Taylor Park. Then weíll start with Lily Pond; Iíll probably also publish some GPS track that show how to get around Lily Pond for the people that arenít interested in singletrack. Then take Italian Mtn rd to Am Flag Mtn. Iíll also publish track from here showing how to get back to the campground. After this the day becomes a lot harder: Reno Ridge, Deadman, Block and Tackle, Pearl Pass, Express Creek, and 440 (I think this is called Brush Creek), then home.
Great route Paul I love block and tackle!
COXR650L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:08 PM   #39
dmac1
Desert SW Luvr
 
dmac1's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Elizabeth, Colorado
Oddometer: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo83 View Post
Hereís what Iím thinking for Sat: Cottonwood Pass to Taylor Park. Then weíll start with Lily Pond; Iíll probably also publish some GPS track that show how to get around Lily Pond for the people that arenít interested in singletrack. Then take Italian Mtn rd to Am Flag Mtn. Iíll also publish track from here showing how to get back to the campground. After this the day becomes a lot harder: Reno Ridge, Deadman, Block and Tackle, Pearl Pass, Express Creek, and 440 (I think this is called Brush Creek), then home.
Thats quite the route! Tour d Taylor! Help me out a bit though...I'm with ya to Deadman and down it, then up Cement Creek Road (CCTrail is closed) to Block & Tackle, then up and over it. After that are you thinking of maybe taking Brush Creek to Pearl Pass Rd, then take it over Pearl Pass and all the way to Ashcroft in order to get on Express Creek and bring it back over Taylor Pass and then home?
__________________
RwR | BRC | COHVCO | USA-All | Gunny/C.B GOATS
2006 KTM 450 EXC
dmac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:24 PM   #40
Pablo83
Sleep, Wrench, Ride
 
Pablo83's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Woodland Park, CO
Oddometer: 4,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac1 View Post
Thats quite the route! Tour d Taylor! Help me out a bit though...I'm with ya to Deadman and down it, then up Cement Creek Road (CCTrail is closed) to Block & Tackle, then up and over it. After that are you thinking of maybe taking Brush Creek to Pearl Pass Rd, then take it over Pearl Pass and all the way to Ashcroft in order to get on Express Creek and bring it back over Taylor Pass and then home?
yep.
Pablo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:34 AM   #41
Merfman
Trustin' my cape...
 
Merfman's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Oddometer: 831
This'll be a first for me: I'm IN!

I will withhold judgment on the "bluegrass" band since I don't see a banjo in any of the pics.

Looking forward to meeting YFFs
Merfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:28 AM   #42
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Denver
Oddometer: 1,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merfman View Post
This'll be a first for me: I'm IN!

I will withhold judgment on the "bluegrass" band since I don't see a banjo in any of the pics.

Looking forward to meeting YFFs

Great! What??? No banjo


COXR650L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #43
Merfman
Trustin' my cape...
 
Merfman's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Oddometer: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by COXR650L View Post
What??? No banjo



Being a banjo player, I notice these things...
Merfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:38 PM   #44
dmac1
Desert SW Luvr
 
dmac1's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Elizabeth, Colorado
Oddometer: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo83 View Post
yep.
Awesome! Do you know about how many miles it is from BV to the Trading Post....and how many total miles your Saturday route will entail? I've guesstimated 30ish from bottom of Block & Tackle back to Taylor River Road, but thats a real rough guess...and haven't tried to figure out the part before that.

Thanks.
__________________
RwR | BRC | COHVCO | USA-All | Gunny/C.B GOATS
2006 KTM 450 EXC
dmac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:09 PM   #45
Pablo83
Sleep, Wrench, Ride
 
Pablo83's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Woodland Park, CO
Oddometer: 4,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac1 View Post
Awesome! Do you know about how many miles it is from BV to the Trading Post....and how many total miles your Saturday route will entail? I've guesstimated 30ish from bottom of Block & Tackle back to Taylor River Road, but thats a real rough guess...and haven't tried to figure out the part before that.

Thanks.
BV to Trading Post - 35 miles.

Friday route - 145 miles.

Saturday route 155 miles.

So you will need enough gas to make a 70 miles loop of technical trails on Saturday.
Pablo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014