Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Face plant
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2011, 11:03 AM   #106
ksnak
Duc Gal

Oddometer: 134
So very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the feelings you must be experiencing at this anniversary time.

Last weekend, directly around the corner from where I live in Anchorage, AK, an 80 year old woman killed a 33 year old motorcyclist who was the mother of two young children. Same scenario - the older woman made a left hand turn in front of the motorcyclist in the intersection. I travel through the intersection daily and see the flowers, and it's so sad and tragic.

I love motorcycling enormously and consider myself a very cautious and responsible rider, as it sounds your father was and you are. But sometimes I think there is just so much that is out of our control no matter how cautious we are, and I wonder whether I should be bowing out of riding. Of course I know that the world is fraught with dangers everywhere, but there's no escaping the fact we put ourselves at greater risk to be taken out by irresponsible or inept people when we are on our motorcycles.

Hard stuff. Again, my condolences to you.

Kathy

Out beyond ideas of wrong doing and right doing there is a field. I'll meet you there. Rumi
ksnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:33 AM   #107
cyclefreak13 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
So I'm dealing with putting my dads dog down right now. It has brought up a lot of the memories and pain from dealing with his loss. Almost 3 years on and it is still as painful today to think about as when it happened.

My dad Tomo Cummings and his dog Frankie. She was my friend, but really took to him.

And many more bikes.
cyclefreak13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:06 PM   #108
lrd2sea
Turned orange,...

Oddometer: 46
So sorry to hear that you have to deal with this now. I can only imagine how difficult that could be.
I am sure you handle your situations in ways your father would have been proud.

09 990 SM
09 F 650 GS twin (Sold)
lrd2sea is offline   Reply With Quote