ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-19-2013, 09:34 AM   #631
GlassAnkles
Chip to Queso Ratio
 
GlassAnkles's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: KS
Oddometer: 1,491
i just ordered a shirt for $15 shipped from you guys, that deserves a free bump for ya
GlassAnkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:44 AM   #632
EvanADV
Big Bearded Boy
 
EvanADV's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Joplor, NC
Oddometer: 1,331
Got my replacement switch in the mail very quickly as promised. Haven't installed yet but will report back if it resolves the wacky stickiness between on/off positions.
__________________
Current Steeds: '08 FJR1300 | '02 DR650
Former Steeds: '99 DR650 | '02 DR650 | '09 DL650 | '07 B1250
9 states left to ride: WI, MN, ND, SD, UT, OK, KS, AK, and HI.
First Trip on 2 Wheels. 10,000 miles. 21 years old.
NC to Maine for Lobster Dinner
EvanADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:09 AM   #633
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light
 
The Toad's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Location, Location.
Oddometer: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassAnkles View Post
i just ordered a shirt for $15 shipped from you guys, that deserves a free bump for ya
Thanks

Shirt is on the way
-Brian
__________________
MondoMotos - LED Auxiliary Light Kits - Tusk Panniers
RoadRUNNER Magazine - Blog
Ride Reports - Four Corners - Amish Country - Costa Rica - Expedition Michigan (or not) - Tellico Plains
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #634
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light
 
The Toad's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Location, Location.
Oddometer: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanADV View Post
Got my replacement switch in the mail very quickly as promised. Haven't installed yet but will report back if it resolves the wacky stickiness between on/off positions.
Thanks for the update.

BTW - looks like you put the Bandit thru its paces and then some

-Brian
__________________
MondoMotos - LED Auxiliary Light Kits - Tusk Panniers
RoadRUNNER Magazine - Blog
Ride Reports - Four Corners - Amish Country - Costa Rica - Expedition Michigan (or not) - Tellico Plains
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:38 AM   #635
headshrink
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2013
Oddometer: 30
Update: After thinking a car may have flashed me the other night, I did an evening test run by riding behind my wife's car, then coming from the opposite direction. She said the MondoMotos were so bright she had to look away, and that it looked like I had my high beams on (but obviously not the main headlamp bright). These things are pretty amazing, and have exceeded my expectations. If a reasonably priced option was available to dim the lights by 25-50% (either by button or knob), I'd buy it.

Note: My lights are attached at by the front wheel fender bolts, and are angled slightly downward. I may be angling them a little more.
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:34 AM   #636
wizze
Wizze = Wise
 
wizze's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Renton, WA
Oddometer: 898
I ride a lot at night and haven't been flashed yet. I am running a Skene controller 50% on low beam and 100% on high. I rode with a friend last week and all he saw in his mirror was " those damn lights." I said yeah that's the point to which he then asked where/how much.
__________________
2009 BMW F800GS
2009 Yamaha FZ-1 Retro
2012 KTM 500 EXC
2005 BMW R1200RT
Is that it?
wizze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:17 PM   #637
JB_Strom
IYAOYAS
 
JB_Strom's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Oddometer: 43
Long overdue pics

Brian,

I've had these installed for quite awhile now, sorry for not posting any pics until now. I installed them as conspicuity lights mainly at which they excel. Also, they work great as fill lights for the notorious Vee/Wee light cutoff, which is way more pronounced after the HID projector install. I'll be using the MM10 kit on my DR650 in the future also.





Jerry
JB_Strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:47 AM   #638
CallMeBoog
Done
 
CallMeBoog's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia
Oddometer: 5,523
Hi Brian - the MM10 lights look to fit the bill for me.

I have an 08 KLR that's had all the fairings and headlight removed for a more dirt oriented feel. When I got the bike it had a crappy BajaDesigns light, which was slightly brighter than a lit match. I now have a trailtech x2, with HID lowbeam and 70w halo high beam. It lights up the road, but in the day the low beam is so small I have been told I don't stand out enough. I was almost the victim of a left turner a couple of weeks ago - the Steibel and quick thinking saved me from that one. I rode behind my wife the other day, and she said that she couldn't see my light at all.

Shipping to Canada?

Your website says you are out of stock on the MM10 bullets - when do you anticipate more stock?

Thanks

Nate
__________________
Don't Ride With Nate!

CallMeBoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:03 PM   #639
mountainpete
Outdoor use only
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Oddometer: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilGreenBooger View Post
Shipping to Canada?
My experience: Ordered May 5 (weekend), shipped May 7, received May 17. I think I paid $30 for shipping.

Oh, and the lights are great too
mountainpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #640
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light
 
The Toad's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Location, Location.
Oddometer: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_Strom View Post
Brian,

I've had these installed for quite awhile now, sorry for not posting any pics until now. I installed them as conspicuity lights mainly at which they excel. Also, they work great as fill lights for the notorious Vee/Wee light cutoff, which is way more pronounced after the HID projector install. I'll be using the MM10 kit on my DR650 in the future also.





Jerry
Jerry,

thanks for the pics and review.

Lots of love for the Yellow Strom (miss mine for sure).

-Brian
__________________
MondoMotos - LED Auxiliary Light Kits - Tusk Panniers
RoadRUNNER Magazine - Blog
Ride Reports - Four Corners - Amish Country - Costa Rica - Expedition Michigan (or not) - Tellico Plains
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:24 PM   #641
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light
 
The Toad's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Location, Location.
Oddometer: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilGreenBooger View Post
Hi Brian - the MM10 lights look to fit the bill for me.

I have an 08 KLR that's had all the fairings and headlight removed for a more dirt oriented feel. When I got the bike it had a crappy BajaDesigns light, which was slightly brighter than a lit match. I now have a trailtech x2, with HID lowbeam and 70w halo high beam. It lights up the road, but in the day the low beam is so small I have been told I don't stand out enough. I was almost the victim of a left turner a couple of weeks ago - the Steibel and quick thinking saved me from that one. I rode behind my wife the other day, and she said that she couldn't see my light at all.

Shipping to Canada?

Your website says you are out of stock on the MM10 bullets - when do you anticipate more stock?

Thanks

Nate
Nate,

we will have a small qty of the MM10 kits available 6/26 and expect to be fully stocked again by Mid July. We do ship worldwide.

thanks,
-Brian
__________________
MondoMotos - LED Auxiliary Light Kits - Tusk Panniers
RoadRUNNER Magazine - Blog
Ride Reports - Four Corners - Amish Country - Costa Rica - Expedition Michigan (or not) - Tellico Plains
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:42 PM   #642
CallMeBoog
Done
 
CallMeBoog's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia
Oddometer: 5,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toad View Post
Nate,

we will have a small qty of the MM10 kits available 6/26 and expect to be fully stocked again by Mid July. We do ship worldwide.

thanks,
-Brian
Brian, thanks for getting back to me. What do I have to do to make sure one of the few MM10 kits that will be available 6/26 has my name on it? I see your website has changed the product availability from "not in stock" to "pre-order", but when I add it to a cart and try to check out, it won't let me.

Credit card is in my hand. I want these lights.

Nate
__________________
Don't Ride With Nate!


CallMeBoog screwed with this post 06-24-2013 at 03:51 PM
CallMeBoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:31 AM   #643
Draechon
Beastly Adventurer
 
Draechon's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Charleston, SC
Oddometer: 1,112
Finally finished installing these on the DR last night, and am pretty happy with the results so far, but need to fiddle with the angles to find a good spot.



Without MM10 lights in garage


With MM10 lights in garage


Without MM10 lights on street


With MM10 lights on street
__________________

Draechon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:34 AM   #644
BlackBeast
Studly Adventurer
 
BlackBeast's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Oddometer: 912
Nice. I have to figure out how I can install a set of these on my DR as well. it's just that I have the safari tank, and the wings of the tank hang low around the forks.
BlackBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:01 PM   #645
goodcat8
I can pass this guy.....
 
goodcat8's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 2,960
2700 miles with my mondo bullets. Still ZERO complaints. I recommend them every chance I get.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372312907.116700.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  190.6 KB
__________________
2014 Triumph Scrambler
Prior: 3rd Battalion - 6th Marines - 2nd Marine Division - Lima Company - 2nd Platoon - 0311
goodcat8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014