ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2013, 10:40 AM   #1
mmonce OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 533
RevZilla Rev'it Airwave package missing

It has started to warm up here in Raleigh, NC. My leather and synthetic jackets were getting a little hot during commutes.

I did my research and decided on a Rev'it Airwave jacket from revzilla.com. Their website videos are really helpful.

Like a puppy with two-peters, I was anxiously waiting for the package to around. Tracking it's every UPS move.

Confirmation....., "package was left at front door at 1pm". I arrive home at 5:30pm after work and no package. This is not good. I have several neighbors and have no success tracking my cool new riding jacket. I double check the shipping address, all is well. We have probably 2 UPS packages delivered per week.

I contacted UPS and RevZilla to let them know.

I sure hope my $200 jacket turns-up.

I am posting this here, because of the ADVrider magic that occurs.
mmonce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:47 AM   #2
150ron
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,179
I had the same scenario a few months ago.

Check tracking number, said it was shipped, but no package by the door or anywhere, i went by all my neighbors houses, one lady opens the door and i see MY package right there on her dining room table, i tell her, ''hey that looks like my package'', she plays dumb,

I look at the label, its adressed to my full name and has my complete address on it, the driver made a mistake and delivered it to the wrong building and the wrong unit number

The sad thing is, it was allready opend up, and that beotch was just gonna keep it, snagged that shit outta there, F her!

So look around, and check with your neighbors, they might have it,

imo for items like yours, that is $200, signature should be required, i know its a headache at times, but at least you will get your item.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:49 AM   #3
hscrugby
"That guy"

Oddometer: 4,097
quickly rides out towards your house to look for a new jacket..

Good luck.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:52 AM   #4
mmonce OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hscrugby View Post
quickly rides out towards your house to look for a new jacket..

Good luck.
Maybe the jacket can be the Triangle Tag-o-Rama mascot, kinda like eggy.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #5
mmonce OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150ron View Post

Check tracking number, said it was shipped, but no package by the door or anywhere, i went by all my neighbors houses, one lady opens the door and i see MY package right there on her dining room table, i tell her, ''hey that looks like my package'', she plays dumb,

I look at the label, its adressed to my full name and has my complete address on it, the driver made a mistake and delivered it to the wrong building and the wrong unit number

The sad thing is, it was allready opend up, and that beotch was just gonna keep it, snagged that shit outta there, F her!

imo for items like yours, that is $200, signature should be required, i know its a headache at times, but at least you will get your item.
Yeah, I have a lot of neighbors all crunched together. I had a amazon.com hard-drive and wireless router get mis-delivered and never showed up. I realized then the quality of some of my neighbors (not all, some).
Old 06-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #6
mmonce OP
Studly Adventurer

The best part is google advertising. Since I purchased the jacket online, I am receiving a lot of RevZilla Rev'It jacket banner ads. I check the weather online and I get a nice reminder of the jacket I don't have.

Ahhhhh damnit.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:48 AM   #7
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 7,507
UPS said they delivered a package to my door last week at 2pm. I frantically call my wife to get her to check the porch. Nothing. Carport....nothing. WTF!?

Four hours later the doorbell rings, and it was UPS delivering my package.

I can only hope this is your situation. If not, I suggest waterboarding your neighbors.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #8
mb90535im
'05 R1200 GS

Oddometer: 4,789
I had the same thing happen with something really important, not a motorcycle jacket.

I had a shipment of bacon from Bentons Bacon in TN delivered to a neighbor. She was honest and brought it to me, but said it smelled so good she didn't want to.
mb90535im is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:45 PM   #9
mmonce OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
UPS said they delivered a package to my door last week at 2pm. I frantically call my wife to get her to check the porch. Nothing. Carport....nothing. WTF!?

Four hours later the doorbell rings, and it was UPS delivering my package.

I can only hope this is your situation. If not, I suggest waterboarding your neighbors.

Waterboarding may be harsh. Maybe I will just remove my muffler and grab some early morning tags.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:09 AM   #10
Dukerdr
New old guy

Oddometer: 128
Some delivery people need beaten about the head and shoulders with a baseball bat.

A little story.

Many years ago, a friend of mine had a Class FFL. He dealt in full auto stuff as a side-line to his regular business.

He had ordered a Colt M-16 for a friend, from a distributor on the other side of the State.

After 2 or 3 days, he became concerned that it hadn't showed up yet. He called to check tracking (pre-internet days) and was told it was delivered 2 days ago.

He got home a couple of hours later, and looked over at his front porch (never used), and spotted a slender box leaned up against the front door frame.

Yep, a full auto M-16 had been propped up on the front porch for 2 days. He lived in the country, and all the neighbors knew about the Rotty patrolling the grounds, but..

He always used the side door into the breezeway between the house and the garage. Heck, there wasn't even a walkway to the front porch, just grass.

I don't remember if it was UPS or the USPS, heck it was '83 or '84.

I was shocked no signature was required...

(Oh, I hope the jacket shows up soon....)

Dukerdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:46 PM   #11
mmonce OP
Studly Adventurer

Good news. A honest neighbor just bought us the package.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:49 PM   #12
Dukerdr
New old guy

Oddometer: 128

Dukerdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #13
FriedDuck
Why die all tensed up?

Oddometer: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by 150ron View Post

That's a situation I know how to handle. Take your package back, and then let all your neighbors know about the thief in their midst. I'm happy to say I've been lucky lately and haven't had a package stolen in a long long time. Usually it's UPS that rains on my parade.

FriedDuck screwed with this post 06-09-2013 at 10:47 AM
FriedDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:51 PM   #14
NC Scott
MOmymamamamaMOmymama

Oddometer: 1,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmonce View Post
Good news. A honest neighbor just bought us the package.
I would make an example of them anyway.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:29 PM   #15
mica
Weekend Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,943