Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2013, 10:11 AM   #16
Ducati7444 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati7444 View Post
Hello fellow inmates,
I did post few times for the trip I'm doing this summer to celebrate 50 years of good life.

I'm in the final preparation stage. Here are the packing list i came up today and stuff on the floor ready to be packed. My goal is to travel light. I also decided not to invest in new riding gears as the gear i have was quite comfortable on previous trips. For riding gears, I have my own 4 layer system that can be mismatch as the weather dictate. Leather street jacket, adventure Jacket with 2 layers, riding pants riding enduro boots. set of winter and summer glove. Rain suit. I did previously ride in freezing temperature with my adventure jacket over my leather jacket, was perfect. THe benefit are also huge impact protection. from both jacket. In warm weather, i always wear my street jacket for protection. and it's signed by the Doctor and Colin Edward, then it make me faster....Other important part of my packing list is the camera to take pictures and also be able to go for a day hike in various of our beautiful national parks. Food is not a concern as I know I can go a long time with only high energy foods as dry fruits and anyway, in North America, civilization is never far away.
As I will be traveling alone, safety is and will be my top priority. (until I jump on the bike...:) That why I invested in a Spot 2 and subscribed to their insurance's. All my vital and safety information will be clearly labeled on my bike and on me. Some of my best friends will follow me and trigger alarm if I do not give sign of life once a while.

as any good trip planning, bike preparation is a big part of it. What i have done:

Change oil, oil filter, all brake fluids, coolant, new air filter, adjust rear shock and fork for loaded bike,, check tire pressure, brake pads, install Spot II, change GPS mounting bracket (home made) install new aux light switch. The "kill switch button" is wired to flash all lights (Hi-beam and aux light)...and then test "loading technique" to see how everything fit.
Now I'm ready....will post pics when possible and share the trip with everyone.

Ducati7444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:06 PM   #17
Sheps3
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Looks like you kept it sweet and simple. Good luck. Grade same way same time frame. Maybe see ya on the road.
Sheps3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:30 PM   #18
revolut10n
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
Looks like a good, balanced list to me. I did a spreadsheet in prep for the trip I'm going to be taking in the next couple of days and it shared a lot of the same things that you have. Good luck on the trip!
00 Yamaha R6
revolut10n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:39 AM   #19
G is for Guiness
Mr. n00b to you sir!

Oddometer: 50
you are all set!

I knew when I saw the Doors t-shirt you had everything you needed!

Helge Pederson has some great tips, catch his website, a lot of video's on you tube.

Watch out for the deer- I don't think they like The Door's!
G is for Guiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:05 PM   #20
K2vodka
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
Like you said... you aren't going to be too far from civilization so you can buy most anything you forget.

The most important thing is to bring the key things that will need and that would cost you an arm and a leg on the road.

Have fun and enjoy! Should be an incredible trip. Don't stress too much while organizing it. Not worth it.
Whatever IT is.

www.GoCoffeeEnergy.com
K2vodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:00 AM   #21
ta-rider
Returned from Africa

Oddometer: 134
Hers my packing list

http://adventure-travel-experience.d...en_ausruestung

Best tip: Leave everything at home
ta-rider is offline   Reply With Quote