Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2013, 12:10 PM   #46
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,387
I checked your website and I noticed that you do not work on Honda's. I was hoping that you did, I have a XR650L the I installed CRFx's on and I was hoping to get the setup dialed in.

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:04 PM   #47
chris73
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 174
So I am a pretty heavy guy. 6'3" 250 lbs. My wife is 120 lbs. I bought a 800gs with hopes of some 2 up fun. A tall order I know, but the f800 is so versatile. I am thinking, to be safe I will need the touratech extreme rear shock. Do you think front forks would be a Need as well? I like pavement and the gravel roads two up, but kick her off in the rough stuff. I also like riding some off-road alone. Do you need a shock brace as well with the extreme? 2013 f800gs
chris73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:22 AM   #48
Konflict Motorsports OP
KM TUNER

Oddometer: 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar2112 View Post
I checked your website and I noticed that you do not work on Honda's. I was hoping that you did, I have a XR650L the I installed CRFx's on and I was hoping to get the setup dialed in.
Lonestar I work on Honda's, alot of them honestly. I'll shoot over a PM for more details.
The website is in the process of getting a complete makeover as it was outdated the day it went live. Should be a few weeks before we get a rough draft.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:24 AM   #49
Konflict Motorsports OP
KM TUNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris73 View Post
So I am a pretty heavy guy. 6'3" 250 lbs. My wife is 120 lbs. I bought a 800gs with hopes of some 2 up fun. A tall order I know, but the f800 is so versatile. I am thinking, to be safe I will need the touratech extreme rear shock. Do you think front forks would be a Need as well? I like pavement and the gravel roads two up, but kick her off in the rough stuff. I also like riding some off-road alone. Do you need a shock brace as well with the extreme? 2013 f800gs
Chris,
I'll send over a PM to go over the details.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:17 PM   #50
Konflict Motorsports OP
KM TUNER

We will attending the Touratech-USA's rally prep night this upcoming Monday the 24th offering suspension adjustments, and answering any technical questions you might have.

We will also be a vendor at this years Touratech-USA/Overland Rally being held in Plain Washington next Thursday the 27th through Sunday the 30th. Come stop by our booth to receive a complementary clicker and sag adjustment on your bike and enjoy a few of the tasty refreshments we will be offering.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:38 AM   #51
SOP Dirt-Rider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 558
COBDR results

So, I got back last Friday from the COBDR. All I can say is OMFG the front was awesome!!!!!!!!!! It handled everything, and I do mean everything. If only I had the coin for the rear. I will say this, my stock rear outlived a newly rebuilt Racetech G3 shock. Sure glad I followed Alex's advice to skip that downgrade
SOP Dirt-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:41 AM   #52
NWBoarder
Whitmeister

Oddometer: 1,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOP Dirt-Rider View Post
I will say this, my stock rear outlived a newly rebuilt Racetech G3 shock. Sure glad I followed Alex's advice to skip that downgrade

Wow, haven't been hearing very many good things about Racetech.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:01 PM   #53
OlafofOregon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 267
2013 Touratech Rally

Great riding with you Alex! And camping out with you guys was beyond fun. Thanks! And the F800GS is so dialed now - one click of the rebound on the forks and all the handlebar feedback disappeared. Beautiful!
OlafofOregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:16 PM   #54
Dorian
Xlg carbon footprint

Oddometer: 669
Thumb Thanks Alex!

Great to have a local suspension guy with a can-do attitude that knows what he's doing! I have an '06 Beta Rev-3 trials bike that uses Paioli suspension. The rear shock was leaking and in need of a makeover! My bike was dead-in-the-water without a shock. Apparently Paioli rebuild kits are on permanent back order and NONE of the trials-specific outfits I contacted in the USA could (or wanted to) help . Iain at Touratech USA suggested I call Alex at Konflict: "No problem send me your shock we'll fix it!" How refreshing to hear! I'd called several well-known suspension companies with no luck.

Alex couldn't find a new seal the proper dimensions but sourced a seal that was close and had the seal holder machined to fit the new (& more common) seal. New oil, re-charged and good-to-go!

Thanks heaps Alex!
- Dorian

www.psermc.org

Dorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:47 AM   #55
Konflict Motorsports OP
KM TUNER

We are headed to the BMW MOA Rally in Salem Oregon this morning, shop will be closed till Tuesday the 23rd.Have a great week, and look forward to meeting some of you at the Rally!
Old 07-20-2013, 08:28 PM   #56
lwood10
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
I am wondering if you could rebuild klr 250 shocks. Seems to be a common problem as I found out by searching for a solution to my wimpy, old shock.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:05 PM   #57
D-Train
Ridin' Dirty

Oddometer: 1,218
WOW! Is all I can say...

So it has taken me some time to chime in but I needed to give the suspension some real life testing to make sure I know what I am talking about...because make no mistake, Alex is a frickin' genius

We all know how bad the stock suspension is on the F800...crap! When I installed the front suspension that Alex had set up for me I immediately noticed a difference. My riding is mostly off road but I do a lot of pavement to get to the dirt so I need both to perform well. Also I ride with luggage A LOT (it's kinda my job) and a passenger (kids) so those weight additions had to be kept in mind. I now have almost 7,000 miles on the suspension and I must say I am absolutely thrilled! By far the best investment I have made for my bike. I also had Alex tune the Touratech rear shock as well. That thing is awesome! I just did 1600 miles with 50 lbs of luggage and my son on the back (he weighs 120 lbs with luggage). We did some pretty good off road jeep trails and plenty of two track. The suspension was flawless and never bottomed once!

I am no expert rider or suspension guru but I can tell you this is awesome! Thanks to Alex and crew for a great job and making me a happier rider
Old 08-01-2013, 07:13 PM   #58
Pangit
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
Good news Dusty. How long did it take Alex to turn round your forks. He has had mine for a week now and I'm itching to try them out. I have a nice road all lined up. It is all busted baby head boulders. Surely they cant handle that.
Pangit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:49 AM   #59
XT Traveler
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Train View Post
So it has taken me some time to chime in but I needed to give the suspension some real life testing to make sure I know what I am talking about...because make no mistake, Alex is a frickin' genius

We all know how bad the stock suspension is on the F800...crap! When I installed the front suspension that Alex had set up for me I immediately noticed a difference. My riding is mostly off road but I do a lot of pavement to get to the dirt so I need both to perform well. Also I ride with luggage A LOT (it's kinda my job) and a passenger (kids) so those weight additions had to be kept in mind. I now have almost 7,000 miles on the suspension and I must say I am absolutely thrilled! By far the best investment I have made for my bike. I also had Alex tune the Touratech rear shock as well. That thing is awesome! I just did 1600 miles with 50 lbs of luggage and my son on the back (he weighs 120 lbs with luggage). We did some pretty good off road jeep trails and plenty of two track. The suspension was flawless and never bottomed once!

I am no expert rider or suspension guru but I can tell you this is awesome! Thanks to Alex and crew for a great job and making me a happier rider
Sounds great -- What year is your GS and what mods did you have done? Thanks!!!!

Current Stable: Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX, BMW F800GS, Yamaha MT-01,
Triumph Thruxton, Triumph Scrambler, Suzuki DRZ400S, Ducati Pantah 500
XT Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:36 AM   #60
D-Train
Ridin' Dirty

Oddometer: 1,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangit View Post
Good news Dusty. How long did it take Alex to turn round your forks. He has had mine for a week now and I'm itching to try them out. I have a nice road all lined up. It is all busted baby head boulders. Surely they cant handle that.
His time frame was 4-5 weeks I believe and he delivered!