ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2013, 12:02 PM   #1
VStromNC OP
DNS/DNF

Oddometer: 760
ADV ride on Sunday, 06/23 for Charlotte NC & Surrounding Area Riders

Just thought I'd post up to see if there is any interest in doing a ADV ride this coming Sunday, 06/23. Depending on riders and type of bikes posting up, we may just take the backroads-twisties and go to Jonas Ridge or nearby for Lunch or go explore some fireroads w/ gravel mix north of Morganton or all of the above.

Here's a photo from a ride while back. I consider my V-Strom 1K a standard bike and it handled the terrain below just fine. We can take the fireroad all the way to Linville Falls and stop off and enjoy a late lunch at Louises Restaurant.

This will be a 3/4 day ride- Kickstands up at 9:30am sharp. Plan to be back in Charlotte by 5:00pm. We can have couple of meet-up points as to allow everyone the opportunity to join the ride.

First Meeting Place: 9:00am @ Cycle Gear, Matthews NC. Kickstands up promptly at 9:30am.

Second Meeting Place: 10:15am @ Hwy 321 Heading N. I think it is a Kangaroo gas station.- Just off I-85. Take I-85, Exit Hwy. 321, make a left and there is a gas station to the right. Kickstands up at 10:30 or so and we are all off.

Post up if you are interested and let me know the bike you will be riding.

I think the weather will be fair- Only 30% chance of rain. It will be a good ride!

Thanks.

Jon