Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2013, 05:38 PM   #1
desertkev OP
Charity Founder

Oddometer: 35
Footpeg rubber question

Hi Orange folks,
Does anyone know if the rubber foot peg inserts which come with most of the big KTMs fit into a new 350/500 foot peg? It is a different model number. I have a 350 and want to do all I can make it comfy for my knee replacements.
Thanks!
desertkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:54 PM   #2
Rodknee
I wish I was Ghetto

Oddometer: 2,129
the 950/990 adv peg is the SAME part number as my husaberg 570 and my 2008 200 xc. my best guess is that they are the same as the new exc's as well. should bolt right up!
Rodknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:55 PM   #3
desertkev OP
Charity Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by b18c5rodney View Post
the 950/990 adv peg is the SAME part number as my husaberg 570 and my 2008 200 xc. my best guess is that they are the same as the new exc's as well. should bolt right up!
Thanks for the reply Rodney! Have a set on the way thanks to another generous inmate. Long live orange!

Old 06-20-2013, 02:17 AM   #4
Nailhead
Painting by numbers

Oddometer: 6,128
Kev, be warned that with certain boot sole formulations, those peg inserts are slick as ICE when wet.

I shit-canned mine after slipping off the pegs several times in my Asolo hikers.

'7? Benelli 650S, '80 BMW R100 RS, '07 KTM 990 Adventure
Nailhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:04 AM   #5
Cris
AB+

Oddometer: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailhead View Post
Kev, be warned that with certain boot sole formulations, those peg inserts are slick as ICE when wet.

I shit-canned mine after slipping off the pegs several times in my Asolo hikers.
+1
I found my riding boots slipping off and vibrating out of position even when dry.
Cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:19 AM   #6
desertkev OP
Charity Founder

Thank you guys very much for the insight, I will be VERY cautious when using the inserts.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:24 AM   #7
DSM8
Where fun goes to die....

Oddometer: 3,628
I have knee issues and find the best thing for them is to increase the seat to peg distance, this makes getting to a standing position easier and reduced strain on the knee due to less bend.

I accomplish this by several means.

Lowered pegs when available, raised seat height, removal of rubber inserts. Those in effect raise the peg height and a little goes a long way.

See if one of the aftermarket companies make pegs for the bike and if so can they be lowered, you will be amazed what a half inch will do for comfort to the knee.

A taller seat is the next best thing to change those numbers.

Just my.02
DSM8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:44 PM   #8
desertkev OP
Charity Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM8 View Post
I have knee issues and find the best thing for them is to increase the seat to peg distance, this makes getting to a standing position easier and reduced strain on the knee due to less bend.

I accomplish this by several means.

Lowered pegs when available, raised seat height, removal of rubber inserts. Those in effect raise the peg height and a little goes a long way.

See if one of the aftermarket companies make pegs for the bike and if so can they be lowered, you will be amazed what a half inch will do for comfort to the knee.

A taller seat is the next best thing to change those numbers.

Just my.02
Completely agree DSMB, I did both building up the seat and lowering the pegs on my Superduke. Huge difference!

I had 05 625 SMC, you know, the orange jackhammer with wheels.. My mind got use to the vibration quick since it was a very fun motorbike, however after one 30 mile ride it took two weeks for the swelling in my knees to go down. Very scary.

In the case of the 350, least now I have a base to work with and to adapt for my crap body. Unlike the 625, the anti vibration ideas are just preventative stuff and not a necessity. Raising the seat on the 350 would be suicidal as the ground is already a reach even being 6 feet, but have not even thought about lowering/modding the pegs. Not like I don't have the clearance. It is already a comfy bend, but more would not hurt. Good idea.

When it comes to raising the seat and lower the pegs, have you guys ever seen this page? So cool!
http://cycle-ergo.com/