ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #1111
docgonzo
Old Gadfly

Oddometer: 13,040
Chelsea's tonight?

Anyone going? Pretty nice out there....
Old 06-05-2013, 07:04 PM   #1112
docgonzo
Old Gadfly

Oddometer: 13,040
Chelsea's tonight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by docgonzo View Post
Anyone going? Pretty nice out there....
Not much of a turn-out at Chelsea's tonight..... Just me, GearedUp, and ST-Doclizard1

There were two docs there, though:

Small world, huh?
Old 06-06-2013, 04:21 AM   #1113
ST-DocLizard1
Serial Monogamist

Oddometer: 814
Small world indeed.
Good conversation last night.
Hopefully attendance at Chelseas will pick up shortly.
Where else can you get a $2.00 draft, some basic grub(or eat off the menu), and enjoy good company?.
ST-DocLizard1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:43 PM   #1114
Buzzbomber
Not Dr. Who...

Oddometer: 1,234
Busy night at CBX

Where is everybody? It's beautiful weather - the rain is coming straight down!

*Disclaimer - I have no idea who the nutball on the K bike is. I only stopped because I was on the way home and needed to warm my hands up for a minute...
Buzzbomber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #1115
RebelYell
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 479
Thats the first rc8 I ever seen rare bird indeed.Last month I looked at a zx14r until I saw the price 16 grand.No fecking way nope never will I spend that much for a jap bike.
RebelYell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:33 AM   #1116
ST-DocLizard1
Serial Monogamist

Looks like another nice evening at Chelseas for tomorrow night. Maria lowered the draft price to two dollars last week. BTW, tickets are now being sold at the door for beer, soda, and food; so you will need cash to purchase such. Apparently it is less of a potential hassle with the ABC because you are purchasing tickets which can be redeemed for food or beverage. Yes, you can still order of the menu and wings are still available as a special.

Catch you tomorrow.

http://chelseasrestaurantpub.com/

Bike Night Wednesdays, 6-9pm out back in the Beer Garden.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:13 AM   #1117
ST-DocLizard1
Serial Monogamist

Just a link for anyone interested in Chelseas tonight:

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....43&postcount=1
Old 06-12-2013, 07:41 PM   #1118
jimmr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,270
Beautiful evening for my first ride in over 2 weeks, and nice to meet up with the 2 Docs, Walter and Lulo.
Was slow with the camera and missed ST-DocLizard1:

jimmr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:17 AM   #1119
DockingPilot
Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer: 9,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmr View Post
Beautiful evening for my first ride in over 2 weeks, and nice to meet up with the 2 Docs, Walter and Lulo.
Was slow with the camera and missed ST-DocLizard1:

Last night was my clubs annual ride to the Matheny Home for severely handicapped children in Gladstone. We bring lots of bikes, bikes with side cars and sports cars. The kids get rides in the side cars and sports cars. When you think you have problems go there. These poor things are the worst of the worst. It will test your faith.

Anyway, commander Barlow, those red pants.
I don't believe they were intended to be worn outside of the big top.
Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"
DockingPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:54 AM   #1120
wpbarlow
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by DockingPilot View Post
Last night was my clubs annual ride to the Matheny Home for severely handicapped children in Gladstone. We bring lots of bikes, bikes with side cars and sports cars. The kids get rides in the side cars and sports cars. When you think you have problems go there. These poor things are the worst of the worst. It will test your faith.

No fooling about Methany- your heart can't break into enough pieces. Here's an article I wrote in 2001 from a visit there that was in the I wrote for at the time.

In mid-May, a friend of mine named Max Monocao of the Skylands BMW Riders Club asked me to put the word out on an event that his club started doing a couple years ago. One of the members of the club has a child at the Metheny School And Hospital; and their event consists of riding to the school on a bunch of motorcycles and sidecars accompanied by fire engines and police cars with flashing lights. Kind of a neat spectacle- but Max really called me to see if I knew anyone with a sidecar who would be available to come. You see, given the relative immobility of most of the kids, a sidecar is the only practical way to take them for a ride.

Well, I don’t know many people with sidecars, but I put the word out. A friend named Eric (nicknamed Inch because when on road trips he’s been known to ride hours on end to get somewhere because it’s only “inch’s” on the map) Petrovich. Inch was available and went along. Here’s a posting he made to the njcyles internet mailing list a couple days later. It expresses my feelings about as well as I could have. I've always felt that part of being a good writer is knowing when not to.

“Last Wednesday night, I installed the sidecar on my bike for the first in over 5 years. This is also the first time since I had the frame replaced after my accident in '97. After getting things set up, I headed out to a local diner where I met up with the Skylands BMW club. After a short dinner we went up to the Matheny School. This is a school for seriously handicapped children and adults. The plan was to give them rides in the sidecars to help give them a change of scenery. We had about 5 sidecars and about 30 bikes. When we got there, there were about 60 kids in all different stages of awareness and physical handicap. One thing was true with each one of them. The absolute smiles from their faces when they saw the motorcycles!”

“The first rides went well, it was about a 2 mile loop in the hills of Peapack/Gladstone, NJ. As I was getting back with my first passenger, the sky let lose with a rainstorm. After about 15 minutes, the rain cleared and we were riding again.”

“As we brought each kid back, you could see how the ride changed them. They were removed from their "limiting" bodies and moved into a whole new spiritual level. They bonded with the motorcycle in the same way most of us do after years of riding. Most of these kids have never even stood up using their own legs, never mind ride a bicycle. The only time they may have had wind in their hair was if the bus or car window was open when they were going somewhere. But to be on a motorcycle, if only for a few miles, they were now a different person. "In the Wind" was now a term they could understand!”

“I can't say enough good things about the SAINTS that work at this place. They have infinite patience and enthusiasm. I'm sure there is a special place in Heaven for them.”

“As for me, I came away thanking the Lord that I was given a chance to live life to the fullest. I also promised Him that I will continue to do so! As long as he, or she (just in case) lets me.”

“For each of you reading this, I URGE you to take the time to say "Thanks" for your blessings. No matter how down you may feel. It’s not that bad! Then, find a way in your local community to do some REAL good. Help out at a soup kitchen, donate time to a shelter, etc. Just do SOMETHING. We all can use the Karma!”

Well put Eric, and something we should all remember.

About Matheny
Matheny is a hospital with a special education program, for people with developmental disabilities. For more than fifty years, Matheny has served the needs of children and adults with cerebral palsy, spina bifida, muscular dystrophy, and Lesch-Nyhan disease. Matheny's comprehensive services are available to people of all ages with developmental disabilities at its Peapack facility or a satellite center. An elite team of professionals and state-of-the-art technology creates solutions that maximize the functioning level of individuals with disabilities.

Licensed as a private hospital, private school, and intermediate care facility, Matheny provides residential and outpatient services too more than 650 clients with developmental disabilities. Matheny is both a teaching hospital and a clinical affiliate of UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School

I can’t close without thanking Lou Kosco Jr. of Kosco Harley-Davidson for what I thought was an extraordinarily generous offer. Lou was the first person I called to see if he could come over with a sidecar rig. Lou unfortunately had a previous commitment that night so couldn’t personally attend, but without hesitation offered to lend me a brand new H-D sidecar rig for the event. I was just a little flabbergasted by this offer; even more so when he didn't think the fact that I had zero sidecar experience was something that should stop me from borrowing it. However much I was tempted I made the right and mature (are you listening , wife? See, I can occasionally make a mature decision regarding motorcycles!) decision and declined: I just didn't think learning on a +30k device with precious cargo was the best way to get some.
wpbarlow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:10 AM   #1121
ST-DocLizard1
Serial Monogamist

Looks like another nice evening for Bike Night at Chelseas which makes it five Wednesdays in a row.

Kudos to advrider for keeping this weekly event alive.

See you there.

http://chelseasrestaurantpub.com/
Old 06-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #1122
jimmr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,270
Won't make it tonight, sorry, wore myself out this afternoon.
jimmr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:22 PM   #1123
RedPower
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,951
Chelseas last nite!

Just another 6 bikes @ the start, a few more trickled in later.
Had over a dozen people out back at one time

Sharp looking little SV

Cool BSA

StDocLizard , Me & Matchbox

Hope to see Y'all next week!

Chatterbox tonight
Old 06-20-2013, 04:17 PM   #1124
PullingG's
What?

Oddometer: 178
Thanks..that would be my SV. Got there early and only two other bikes when I arrived. My first time stopping by so went inside. Good wings and met a few folks. Will stop again..and now I know that folks meet out back!
PullingG's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:59 AM   #1125
RedPower
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,951
Thursday night @ Chatterbox

BIG turnout @ Chatterbox!
Always something interesting there
Sharp Guzzi Norge

Matchbox's cool Guzzi Lemans

Not sure what this is

Cute little Harley