ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2013, 06:58 AM   #91
henrymartin OP
Mr. Tourguide

Oddometer: 3,470
Dinner - I'll leave that up to the group. What am I...a darn nanny?

I'll vote for Saladinos - Andrei's special Meatballs on BMW pants was a hit
henrymartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:17 PM   #92
De Oppresso Liber
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 506
I second saladino's, but will go wherever the group goes......except McDonalds!
De Oppresso Liber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #93
De Oppresso Liber
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
I'd like to join you guys...could make the July date, but not the June. If you guys go in June, I'd be interested in the August date too. If there is any interest in putting that together. I have been staying at the Timberland up in Shelburne...just before the Maine border when we are up there. Nice young folks bought it a couple years ago..about 15 miles from the auto road I would guess. Nice pool....and the guy delivers all the crap you really don't want to put on your bike to the site for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCap View Post
I'm with ShrineClown - July/August work for me. I may be able to do June, but unlikely.

Are you just doing the sunrise, or is there some kind of ride planned? Big bike or small bike? Just one night - correct?

Either way, it sounds like a nice idea.
Being two-up, if the weather looks shitty, I'll be using one of the alternate dates as a backup.... if it were just me, I wouldn't care.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:34 PM   #94
Rogue Ranger
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilothouse51 View Post
Sandwich Notch Road is open so we are good to go there.
Rogue Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:49 AM   #95
8gv
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by De Oppresso Liber View Post
I second saladino's, but will go wherever the group goes......except McDonalds!
My double cheeseburger and I are offended by that remark.
8gv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #96
De Oppresso Liber
Studly Adventurer

Well you can just pack your happy meal in your sidebags and show up at Saladinos!
Old 06-19-2013, 08:36 PM   #97
henrymartin OP
Mr. Tourguide

We should do a round of confirmations who is in and who is out by Friday. So, please check in here, post where you are meeting and when, and we'll do a headcount.

At this point, the two sites for 8 adults are there, with my site confirmed as CJ+1, NewhampWoodsRider arriving late, and myself leaving Fitzy at 8am.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:59 AM   #98
Junyah
@ the speed of plaid

Oddometer: 479
Hello Mr. Tourguide.
Is this an open invitation? This sounds like a good way to spend the weekend. I don't have the skills to open your GPS file to view your route, but I would imagine you'd be coming close to Hillsboro? If it's ok I'd like to join you. As others have said, this would probably be a bit much to do on a WR, so that leaves me wrestling the pig ('99 Valkyrie) which it, and I, are not afraid of the mud. I've been up the Auto Road several times on it and down countless roads that it doesn't belong on so I feel comfy doing something like this. You, however, may not. If you don't want a wild card riding with you I certainly understand, and I don't want you to feel obligated just because I asked. I can certainly find my way to the rock pile if that's the case. Otherwise, I'm in.

Jr.
Junyah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #99
henrymartin OP
Mr. Tourguide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junyah View Post
Hello Mr. Tourguide.
Is this an open invitation? This sounds like a good way to spend the weekend. I don't have the skills to open your GPS file to view your route, but I would imagine you'd be coming close to Hillsboro? If it's ok I'd like to join you. As others have said, this would probably be a bit much to do on a WR, so that leaves me wrestling the pig ('99 Valkyrie) which it, and I, are not afraid of the mud. I've been up the Auto Road several times on it and down countless roads that it doesn't belong on so I feel comfy doing something like this. You, however, may not. If you don't want a wild card riding with you I certainly understand, and I don't want you to feel obligated just because I asked. I can certainly find my way to the rock pile if that's the case. Otherwise, I'm in.

Jr.
The more the merrier. There is an FJR 2-up going along, so why not Valkyrie You can alwasy ride the go-around with the FJR if it comes to that - I doubt it will.

The only concern is campground. The two sites I books are pretty full, so you may want to make your own reservation. We have sites 18 and 34. If you call the park, you can make a reservation there for a site next to us. I'm sure someone else will be along to split the cost of the site with you, if you so desire.

I think the closest to Hilsborough will be passing on Henniker-Warner Road, if that works for you. You could meet us there, or in Warner. I'm thinking Lunchstop in Foothills could be a good option.

If you want to open the GPX file, go to GPSvisualizer.com, upload the file, and select your output of choice - Google earth works well.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:44 PM   #100
Junyah
@ the speed of plaid

Oddometer: 479
Excellent!

Site #33 is also reserved. The nice lady on the phone did mention that while four people are allowed per site, only two tents and two vehicles are allowed at each site ?!?

If it works for you I'll meet you at the intersection of Rush and Warner roads in Henniker, 8:15ish ?

Jr.

Junyah screwed with this post 06-20-2013 at 12:50 PM
Junyah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:16 PM   #101
Pilothouse51
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 274
I am still in and meeting you in Fitzwilliam at 8am. Rouge Ranger and I will probably just share a tent as we usually do at the rallies. Unless he really doesn't want to.
Pilothouse51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #102
Rogue Ranger
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
I'm in Henry, will meet you guys on the North end of Sandwich Notch Road and ride the rest of way with you cats. Pilothouse can give me a jingle with your estimated eta from along the way and I'll be there. I will share a tent with him as well, since he made the offer. Good to have an ADV rider in the family! Route looks good and any bike should be able to do the Mt Clinton Jefferson Notch stuff unless it pours rain. We can also sneak across the Pinkham B Road of of Route 2 in Randolph in the early morning if you like which dumps you out on Route 16 at Dolly Copp Campground a couple of miles from the Auto Road.

Rogue Ranger screwed with this post 06-20-2013 at 05:25 PM
Rogue Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:24 PM   #103
henrymartin OP
Mr. Tourguide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junyah View Post
Site #33 is also reserved. The nice lady on the phone did mention that while four people are allowed per site, only two tents and two vehicles are allowed at each site ?!?

If it works for you I'll meet you at the intersection of Rush and Warner roads in Henniker, 8:15ish ?

Jr.
8:15? We are leaving Fitzwilliam around that time, so I don't think we'll hit Henniker-Warner until about 3 hrs later....

I think it would be best exchanging cell numbers via PM and us calling the rest along the way. Send me your number and let me know how long in advance I should call you to get to the meeting spot.

As for the nice lady, last year we had four tents on one site????
Old 06-20-2013, 06:22 PM   #104
justdrew
underpowered

Oddometer: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrymartin View Post
We should do a round of confirmations who is in and who is out by Friday. So, please check in here, post where you are meeting and when, and we'll do a headcount.

At this point, the two sites for 8 adults are there, with my site confirmed as CJ+1, NewhampWoodsRider arriving late, and myself leaving Fitzy at 8am.

I've been following along quietly and wanted to say that I'm looking forward to meeting you all at the Auto Road the morning of the 30th and having a nice breakfast after. While I would love to see a 2-up FJR and Valkyrie off-road, I have other obligations Saturday.
justdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:17 PM   #105
Pilothouse51
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by justdrew View Post
I've been following along quietly and wanted to say that I'm looking forward to meeting you all at the Auto Road the morning of the 30th and having a nice breakfast after. While I would love to see a 2-up FJR and Valkyrie off-road, I have other obligations Saturday.

I will try to take a few pictures for ya
Pilothouse51 is offline   Reply With Quote