Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2013, 04:36 PM   #1
TucsonStan OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Have Helix, Will Travel.....

Hello Everybody,
Since this trip is going to cover a lots less days than my last ride report (America.....by Helix, 39 days), I knew that I'd better file this ride report as a Day Trippin report or risk the wrath of Mr. Moderator.

The boss has departed for a week in Illinois, visiting her father who, by the way, will be 95 in a few weeks. After that, she's off to Delaware, so me and said Helix are bound for the open road. Nothing as drastic as a quick trip around America. Just a trip around eastern Arizona and western New Mexico. For those of you who haven't followed me around....there will be no dirt!

Since I've never been there, I thought this time I'd take off for the fours corners area of America. I'm also hoping to ride both Arizona's and New Mexico's versions of Tail of the Dragon. In my previous ride report, I had hoped to ride the original Tail of the Dragon. Unfortunately, I had scheduled so many other stops and time constraints into the trip, that I had to skip the Dragon. On this trip, I intend to ride both Arizona's Hwy 191, on my way to four corners, and New Mexico's Hwy 152, on my way home.

In the morning, I'll be heading relatively straight north to Globe, Arizona. From there, I take a hard right turn to Safford/Thatcher, then north again to Morenci. Barring any unforeseen complications, Morenci will be the end of Day 1.

Ok, I'm off to finish packing in my usual way. A change of clothes, 3 extra pair of socks, several boxes of Clif Bars and I'll be good for at least a week.

See you tomorrow.......
TucsonStan is offline   Reply With Quote