Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #601
LocuL OP
Gnarly Infantry

Oddometer: 1,158
You are spot on 1BIGADV. These numbers are truly weird cause they just slip away underneath you.
On my way home from job this day, on a less travelled road, i tried wring it out in 3rd...shiftlight is on at 10500 rpm and 169 km/h(gps). I hadn´t really tried let the engine pull through, even in its rough condition i was a bit amazed. For now I´ve just used the huge amount of tourqe when over taking cagers. But the feeling when the bike hit 8-9k. It pulls so hard. The only thing i can put it up against is an R1 i´ve ridden though this one is so "beefy". It´s a high revving race engine, know. But it is very easy to ride and i´m getting closer to my dream.

One of the things i need to look into is my forks under medium/heavy braking, "friction sticks". Like it studders but i´ve got no clue in what to do or where to start. I´ve never felt it on the old S suspension.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:07 PM   #602
Quacamole
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
Bow!

Bow to your effort!

Is that Rukka Armas set u wearing btw?

Looks Mad Maxish!
Quacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:09 PM   #603
LocuL OP
Gnarly Infantry

Yep Rukka Armas. That is by far the best suit i´ve ever been in. It IS tough. My initial thought was the Klim Adv 2 set. Then this unused Armas set turned up in Fleabay in Germany and i knew what sizing i needed. In my opinion Rukka is one of the most well made mc suits out there. I´m glad i chose it.

I ofcourse don´t say that Rukka is better than Klim...only by a large margin
Old 06-23-2013, 07:18 AM   #604
DirtyADV
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,919
Know you raised the front fender up when installing the 320mm Pyndon Suspension, I didn´t and there were signs of interference:

Then the guy I share a garage with came up with a solution with a bracket forcing the fender a bit forward:

There are probably nicer ways to do the bracket but seems to work even if the riding have been limited seems the flus and colds keeps visiting me =(

/Johan

www.dirtyadv.com (under construction)
DirtyADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:37 AM   #605
Sawo
n00b

Oddometer: 9

This bike is awesome
Sawo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:01 AM   #606
LocuL OP
Gnarly Infantry

Very busy at the last test before the Master Sgt. step-up.

Though i´ve been fiddling when time allowed, with the bazzaz self mapper. Either I suck at it or it really isn´t that wondertool. I´ve looked through the complete setup lots of times, reinstalled the system twice and when i try the selfmapping tool (Zafm) it really shits on the EFI.

I´ve talked yesterday to Denmarks Bazzaz tuner #1. He would like to give it a shot in his summervacation next week(WOW). Though i should promise one thing. Ditch the Zafm module(consist of 2 separate unit. Bazzaz piggyback and the Zafm). He mentioned that all the bikes he has seen with this setup did´nt run perfect. hmmm
Anyway, I will take it off this weekend and let him do his black rituals.

Beside this it has developed an suspension problem. My rear shock is absolute perfect and i love the amount of stroke but the front end is killing me.
When i brake, that would be light, medium, heavy. The front reacts with some "shudder, studder". Defined as if the forks can´t move freely. A bit like they stick in the stanctions. I´m so tired of this. It happens for both the 21 and 17 setup. The brake setup is the 320mm with the standard 2 pot.
I have checked that;
1- aligned the forks
2- tightened the wheel at the axel first then worked the forks a bit, tightened the clamps.

I´ve been in contact with 2 other owners of the 320mm OTR setup. Where one of them is having the same problem.

This is NOT any kind of flaming of Lyndons Über suspension and i am in contact with him and having a great dialogue with him. Though if any would have some thoughts or the like that could/would help, chime in. I´m keeping this suspension, just need to get past this sticktion problem. Seriously, I couldn´t back down from this.

Soon Sweden...
Old 07-03-2013, 06:03 AM   #607
MartinPetren
Swedish Adventurer

Oddometer: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocuL View Post
Soon Sweden...
Where are you heading in Sweden? Vacation?
Old 07-03-2013, 06:48 AM   #608
DirtJack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,084
Quote:

This is NOT any kind of flaming of Lyndons Über suspension and i am in contact with him and having a great dialogue with him. Though if any would have some thoughts or the like that could/would help, chime in. I´m keeping this suspension, just need to get past this sticktion problem. Seriously, I couldn´t back down from this.

Soon Sweden...
You might try loosening and re-torqueing the lower triple clamp bolts. 12NM is the usual value. It is easy to over tighten these bolts which can cause binding of the lower fork tubes in the upper tube.
2008 KTM 690 Enduro
DirtJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:32 AM   #609
DirtyADV
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,919
Since the studder when braking question is up I might say that I dont feel it that badly only been on the stock halfworn Scopion tire and have some "shake" druing braking.

And might just add from the little rougher riding I have been able to manage now that the cold and flus seems to have stopped bugging the bike feels really great!

Will throw on the 17inch soon and go out do some more braking.

/Johan

www.dirtyadv.com (under construction)
DirtyADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #610
LocuL OP
Gnarly Infantry

Martinpetren:
Markaryd. We were there last year after my deployment with ISAF. It really calmed my down on earth again. Family enjoyed just as much so we are off again.

Dirtjack: I will give it an shot. Good point and easy to oversee something if you were me :-)

DirtyADV:
Thanks for input, please report back.

thanks
Old 07-04-2013, 04:50 AM   #611
MartinPetren
Swedish Adventurer

Quote:
Martinpetren:
Markaryd. We were there last year after my deployment with ISAF. It really calmed my down on earth again. Family enjoyed just as much so we are off again.

Dirtjack: I will give it an shot. Good point and easy to oversee something if you were me :-)

DirtyADV:
Thanks for input, please report back.

thanks
Oh really? I spend a bit of time not far from there every now and then, in Knäred. I have a very good friend ( who also is danish and enjoys riding his bike ) there. Will you bring a bike and are you keen for a ride?
Old 07-04-2013, 06:48 AM   #612
LocuL OP
Gnarly Infantry

The sad fact that my bike isn´t ready yet and don´t have the time finish it. That will a no.

I´m always keen for a ride.

Sweden will be first real test for my bike when timing is better.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:15 AM   #613
MartinPetren
Swedish Adventurer

Quote:
The sad fact that my bike isn´t ready yet and don´t have the time finish it. That will a no.

I´m always keen for a ride.

Sweden will be first real test for my bike when timing is better.
Allright, well do send a PM whenever you are able and I'll come down and ride with you
Old 07-04-2013, 11:48 PM   #614
sakurama
on an endless build

Oddometer: 1,382
Bike looks completely badass - you did it. Nice work man. Enjoy the bike and getting to know her and the process of perfecting her.

Gregor
sakurama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:13 AM   #615
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtJack View Post
You might try loosening and re-torqueing the lower triple clamp bolts. 12NM is the usual value. It is easy to over tighten these bolts which can cause binding of the lower fork tubes in the upper tube.
Me thinks it is 15Nm the upper and 25Nm the lowers.
mousitsas is online now   Reply With Quote