ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2013, 10:24 AM   #2401
WitchKing
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
I live in delavan.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:44 PM   #2402
Gamequeazy
Curbjumper

Oddometer: 495
Stuff to do

So I was bored at work and went searching for dual-sport events to attend in the sort-of local area.

The oakley dirt-riders charity hare scramble June 30th, flyer can be found here. I'll most likely be attending and trying to haul my pig around in the newbie class.

Several events within 2-3hrs with the Chicagoland Dualsport Riders can be found here.

One coming up this weekend starting up around Matthews, IN. Afraid I'll have to miss it to hit up the Indiana Rallycross event at the Badlands.

You'll see me at the Fox Valley Offroad Overnighter III on july 13th, sounds like a blast.

Also, last weekend I went up to chicago to check out the Mods Vs. Rockers vintage bike/scooter show. When I found out it was the same price to spectate as it was to enter a bike, you better believe this happened:

Suffice to say I did not win the vintage japanese class, haha.

I did have one dual-sport comrade at the show:

As I was leaving on Sunday, my carbs decided that they wanted to dump fuel everywhere instead of metering their fuel intake. Those gluttons.

Cue up 3 hours of this, trying to figure out why the float wasn't working correctly:

Turned out to be pieces of RTV stuck in the needle mechanism for the float. How the hell that got in there, I've no idea. But, it was fixed. And I got very proficient at stripping the bike down and pulling the carbs, heh. Good times!
Old 06-20-2013, 06:38 PM   #2403
bigborefan
Making new friends

Oddometer: 1,273
Gary told me he thought the clutch was slipping on the KTM, but discovered it was the rear tire was broke loose all the time....

Gary, you want my deposit now?

You meet the nicest people on a Honda
bigborefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:32 PM   #2404
sanpau
Love to Ride

Oddometer: 698
Hi

I may be totally in the wrong thread...just checking..Is there a Southern Illinois thread ? How far south are you all riding? I am in Benton, IL and will be in that area for a few weeks.....possibly be riding to Decatur for a couple of days.....Just checking out the area......Anyone close to those two towns? On a street bike this trip..... Any advise on great rides to take...
sanpau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #2405
spidermann
nutcase

Oddometer: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanpau View Post
I may be totally in the wrong thread...just checking..Is there a Southern Illinois thread ? How far south are you all riding? I am in Benton, IL and will be in that area for a few weeks.....possibly be riding to Decatur for a couple of days.....Just checking out the area......Anyone close to those two towns? On a street bike this trip..... Any advise on great rides to take...
I'm in Decatur - feel free to get in touch if you get this far north. I'm afraid there's not much street riding in my area that is very interesting. You have to ride a couple of hours from here to get to the better roads. But we could still get together and find someplace to go.
82 Rokon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS2ljnErAjI
spidermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:07 AM   #2406
sieg
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,307
Quote:
There is a St. Louis Eastside ADV Riders some of hang out at.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=820977

I'm in S IL. but ride in MO. most of the time. There is some fair stuff south of Benton, maybe we can get together. Let me know if it works for you, I can put a loop together.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:02 AM   #2407
William42
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,280
Saturday's Ride

Old 06-26-2013, 12:41 PM   #2408
sanpau
Love to Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by sieg View Post
There is a St. Louis Eastside ADV Riders some of hang out at.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=820977

I'm in S IL. but ride in MO. most of the time. There is some fair stuff south of Benton, maybe we can get together. Let me know if it works for you, I can put a loop together.

I decided to cage it to Decatur tomorrow, Thursday...... but if you and your wife have a day off next week let me know...I would be happy to meet you somewhere for a days ride.......

I rode with a rider yesterday but his max distance was 20 miles and we did 55 miles around Benton and Dalghren......oops said he didn't like to do long rides......hummmmmm....I can't think of many places you could travel in SI within a 20 mile radius of any specific town unless you are just doing dirt track riding.....
PM me if you are interested
Thanks- Sanpau (Kawi ER6N- 650)
Old 06-26-2013, 01:10 PM   #2409
sieg
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I decided to cage it to Decatur tomorrow, Thursday...... but if you and your wife have a day off next week let me know...I would be happy to meet you somewhere for a days ride.......

I rode with a rider yesterday but his max distance was 20 miles and we did 55 miles around Benton and Dalghren......oops said he didn't like to do long rides......hummmmmm....I can't think of many places you could travel in SI within a 20 mile radius of any specific town unless you are just doing dirt track riding.....
PM me if you are interested
Thanks- Sanpau (Kawi ER6N- 650)
Wife works regular hours all week, I'm off all week, every week. I don't work anymore, my job now is wearing out motorcycle tires. Leaving tomorrow to wear-out tires till Monday, Tuesday I ride with some other old guys to lunch. Maybe Wed. or Thu. we can hook up, my wife will be off Thu. (July4th) she could ride that day. Then Fri.'s my B-day, going to the Cardinal game with the son. No plans for that weekend ....yet.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:37 PM   #2410
sanpau
Love to Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by sieg View Post
Wife works regular hours all week, I'm off all week, every week. I don't work anymore, my job now is wearing out motorcycle tires. Leaving tomorrow to wear-out tires till Monday, Tuesday I ride with some other old guys to lunch. Maybe Wed. or Thu. we can hook up, my wife will be off Thu. (July4th) she could ride that day. Then Fri.'s my B-day, going to the Cardinal game with the son. No plans for that weekend ....yet.
If you and your wife are up for a July 4th ride....I'll meet you....Tell me where, when and time.....I am in Benton, IL.....right off 57...
Old 07-07-2013, 04:20 PM   #2411
sanpau
Love to Ride

Thanks to Seig

Just want to thank Seig and his wife for a wonderful 250+mile ride through Southern Illinois......What a wonderful day....thousands of hummingbirds at Bald Knob Cross and the meal at Giant City Lodge was awesome....

Thanks Again.....Sanpau
Old 07-07-2013, 05:33 PM   #2412
William42
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,280
Quote:
Just want to thank Seig and his wife for a wonderful 250+mile ride through Southern Illinois......What a wonderful day....thousands of hummingbirds at Bald Knob Cross and the meal at Giant City Lodge was awesome....

Thanks Again.....Sanpau
Did you get the fired chicken?
Old 07-08-2013, 06:11 AM   #2413
sieg
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by William42 View Post
Did you get the fired chicken?
Not this time but I have many times before.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:50 AM   #2414
Gamequeazy
Curbjumper

Oddometer: 495
Love me some giant city lodge, that was my pre/post hike meal when I did 50-some miles on the river to river trail last October. Pretty great beer selection if I remember correctly, too.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:39 PM   #2415
DustyPockets
Flatland wanderer.

Oddometer: 56

I am a bit new to this but hope I can join in the fun.

On a whim headed off to the Current River south of Salem Mo on the fourth. Spent a day checking out springs and back roads. Returned Saturday pretty much worn out.

Pic is the ferry from Illinois to St Genevieve Mo. Illinois side is pretty much in the middle of no where. That's the part I liked.
DustyPockets is offline   Reply With Quote