Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2013, 05:19 PM   #16
bk brkr baker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,494
I'd like to see this motor in a bike with an old-fashioned steel tube frame. I'd want it to have these steel tubes run under the motor so a skid plate could be attached. I'd like the exhaust to be tucked up , out of harms way.
It should have 8-9 inches of ground clearence. It should have 8" travel suspension at both ends. It should have a substancial ,bolt on subframe with a sizable luggage rack.
No styled cast aluminum frame members, no extra plastic.
Wrap it up.
bk brkr baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:30 AM   #17
tokyo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
Uly and MT/FZ 09 love child

Here is a super quick and dirty, 5 minute, PowerPoint, hackjob, photo kluge (don't look too close.. it gets worse) of what I would like of the more-streety version of the ADV model, like the non-XC Tiger. I basically grafted on the front of a Uly and gave it a ~3" or so lift.

I have a street legal Husaberg FE570 that covers all my dirt and even most paved trips within 50 mile radius very nicely, but I need something that can cover longer 200 mile loops, an occaisional 2-up, gravel connecting roads, commuting, and still have some hooligan fun. 65lb/ft and 414 lbs on paper sounds pretty frolicky.

With some Pirelli MT-60's and a skid plate something like this could fill MY needs (I know others want more dirt, that wouldn't bother me either but this would be good enough to fulfill my bike stable needs for now and someone else with better photoshop skills can tackle those versions)

I was cross shopping a Versys because its cheap and a Tiger800 because its what I want. Something like this could be a great compromise. As long as it doesn't get hit with the "anime plastic" ugly stick along the way..

Please keep it clean Yamaha.. please..