Oddometer: 5,161
BK.RD.RNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:00 AM   #546
AWM
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 11,320
So,,,no race report?

Im sure it was like hell.
We did the new loop at State line riders land,and I thought I was gona die!Took me an hour to do the 4.5 mile loop.
Way to hot to ride in the woods!

Theres a name for people without beards,"Women".
AWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:03 AM   #547
kenny61 OP
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 23,676
Last few weeks have been busy as hell. Still trying to get caught up. Didnt get goggles out of car till 10pm last night. Heres an unedited hour of footage

kenny61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:09 AM   #548
AWM
Beard Bros Racing

Atleast you could move along enough to keep some wind on ya.

I started blackn out,,which was first for me.I had to stop and take the gear off,it was brutle.Stoped at a creek and jumped in.

As a matter of fact,as I was dry heave'n swearn at Mr Marlboro,i thought,,"Man Kennys doing a fucking enduro,,,,fuck that".

AWM screwed with this post 06-25-2013 at 06:16 AM
Old 06-25-2013, 06:40 AM   #549
kenny61 OP
Crazy Idiot

Years later im still cursing at the marboro man... trails got nasty after that video i ran out of water 1/2 way through. It was not as fun as last year...i was starting to het chills about 3/4 through..one of the first signs of heat stroke..but on the plains of hesitation.... i missed 6th place by one minute. Because i stopped to size up a hill climb when 3 guys behind me then got stuck... the check was just on the other side unknown to me... i would have got a perfect score...and 6th place
Old 06-25-2013, 06:50 AM   #550
AWM
Beard Bros Racing

It was just to hot.

I thought really hard on leaven the bike in the woods.

I went threw two bottles of Gatoraid in the first 2 miles.Arms shaken,lose'n foucus,see'n things that weren't there.I swear I saw porky pig running threw the woods at one point.
When I did make it out of the woods,i stopped to take a piss and I swear it was brown.

I cooled down and continued following Walt to the powerlines where I started to feel better.Then cross rutted on the fucking quadtards mud bog ruts at 40mph,high sided got pissed off and picked the bike up to quick with one hand and blew my back out.

Got home,and mama says,,"Your to old to be ride'n with those guys".
Bitch,,im the youngest least broken one out there.

What do you get for 6th?

I was a DNF and I wasn't even racing.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:10 AM   #551
kenny61 OP
Crazy Idiot

Same as 7th. Story later
Old 06-25-2013, 03:47 PM   #552
Silver
Dirtnewb

Oddometer: 2,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWM View Post
Atleast you could move along enough to keep some wind on ya.

I started blackn out,,which was first for me.I had to stop and take the gear off,it was brutle.Stoped at a creek and jumped in.

As a matter of fact,as I was dry heave'n swearn at Mr Marlboro,i thought,,"Man Kennys doing a fucking enduro,,,,fuck that".
Our last race here was extra crappy for me. Got dizzy and overheated, ended up messing up and there was no wind so sat on the side of the trail for awhile just cooking. 90's and high humidity, was ready for a 4 wheeler to come get me and drag me off the trail back to the truck. Finally had a sweep rider come by and got me up and going and led me to a side road I could take back to the truck. Yeeshh. Next time I know what not to do when that happens, take a break, pour some water on yourself, keep going to keep the wind flowing. I was spent.

Good reports and videos! Now we're waiting for fall season here so any riding will probably be early AM.
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:57 PM   #553
GirlRyder
Queen of Flugistan

Oddometer: 1,495
Heat'll kill ya

..and that's why I like snowmobiling.

No really.

I rode the woods Saturday, 40 miles, and I had to stop and sit on a nice, cold, friendly boulder for quite awhile to cool down -- twice. It's a deadly combination of heat, humidity, and not being fast enough to create much of a breeze. Add full gear...and heavy lifting (the narcoleptic bike).

Drink, people. WATER. And put it on your pulse points - wrists, back of your neck, inside your elbows. If your pee is brown, rusty, or even dark yellow, your kidneys are complaining.

So sayeth the Queen.

GirlRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:36 PM   #554
Silver
Dirtnewb

Oddometer: 2,260
Yeah I knew it was going to be hot but we'd been 70 to 80's and just started hitting 90's the week before the race, didn't have any acclimation time. I hydrated the 3 days before the race and drank a lot during the race, which I didn't even make it a lap. Also it's been the toughest track we've run yet so it had a lot of just sit there in full gear and stew bottle necks. I also rode like crap, 2 riders stalled, could have ridden by them with perfect ease but I stopped and waited on them. Also rode like complete crap, I watch the video and the whole time I"m going "what the hell, that's not how I ride". Learned...

1. Getting dizzy, no wind, don't sit down. It will be hard to get back up due to being dizzy and get worse if there's no wind.

2. Pour water on the points you mentioned, I was mostly pouring it on my head. Should have done wrists, armpits, and shoulders.

3. Keep a pair of safety glasses in bag or camel back, this way you can take off goggles and still protect your eyes. I kept my goggles on the whole time till I stopped. Riding back to the truck without them on, the difference in air flow was amazing, should have pulled them much sooner.

So, it sucked all around but was a good learning experience for the future. Also I'll probably skip any more races in the 90 degree + temps unless they're early morning ones. We didn't start til about 12:30. I wasn't the only one getting it either, one guy said after the race and he was at home he was putting out a 101 degree tempature. Others did the same dizzy/vomit thing but pressed on for a lap. Lots of 1 to 2 lap then head back to the truck dudes as well and just take the DNF. Crazy stuff riding trails in full gear in really hot weather.
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:17 AM   #555
kenny61 OP
Crazy Idiot

At 11am I'm goin racin