Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 02:16 PM   #16
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebugslayer View Post
Thanks Jerry. Is "filtering" a manual process of removing some of the "points" that make up the "tracks" or is it a function in basecamp or the montana software? I'm trying to figure out how to do this.

thanks for your help.
Can you point me to the file or better attach it here.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:44 PM   #17
DRTBYK
Long Haul Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countdown View Post
Sorry I can't find a .gpx file in the report. I think your Montana limits saved tracks to 2,000 points. If the file has more points you will need to filter them.
Uh....bad info. The Montana can have 200 tracks in the Track Manager at any one time and ALL of them can be shown on the map at the same time. Each of the 200 Tracks can have up to 10,000 Track points.

It is very easy to filter tracks in BaseCamp if you need to share them with someone else that does not have as capable a GPS as the Montana.

Agree that it would be best if g.mccormick could attache the GPX file so we could take a look at it. Could be something as simple as, some of the tracks are colored Transparent.

Dan
All Things GPS
Reviews at www.GlobeRiders.com
DRTBYK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:20 PM   #18
thebugslayer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
thanks for the responses!

as for linking the gpx...sorry dudes.

As you'll see here (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=632804) only the creator of the Blue Ridge Trail (BRT)--"errorcooled"--distributes the files. So I can't post them here.

He send me three files: one was a kml file; one was a 500ptmax.gdb file; and one was a Raw.gdb file. I could only import the Raw file into basecamp on my mac.

Maybe the file format limits the number of points that can be displayed at once?

Any suggestions on how I can get the full loop to appear as a single track on my Montana would be much appreciated.
thebugslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:35 PM   #19
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
As you'll see here (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=632804) only the creator of the Blue Ridge Trail (BRT)--"errorcooled"--distributes the files. So I can't post them here..
Sorry without looking at the file no one can tell you what is wrong with it. The Montana accepts and displays tracks just fine if you send it good data.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:37 PM   #20
250senuf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,125
Maybe the .gdb need to be converted to .gpx ?
Old 06-18-2013, 09:24 PM   #21
DRTBYK
Long Haul Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,555
BaseCamp IS gdb and gpx. It will also Import KML files. There is nothing you can "code" into any of those files that will "limit" point counts.

So, if you cannot import all of those files into BaseCamp v4.1.2, there is something wrong with the data - not with your Montana or BaseCamp.

Echo Jerry's comment re: if we can't see the data, we can't help you. I respect that fact that the owner of the data wants to maintain control so you might download JaVaWa Device Manager and run the data check on your Montana with the data loaded. This program is pretty good at finding bad data.

Dan
All Things GPS
Reviews at www.GlobeRiders.com

DRTBYK screwed with this post 06-18-2013 at 09:41 PM
DRTBYK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:55 AM   #22
thebugslayer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTBYK View Post
Echo Jerry's comment re: if we can't see the data, we can't help you. I respect that fact that the owner of the data wants to maintain control so you might download JaVaWa Device Manager and run the data check on your Montana with the data loaded. This program is pretty good at finding bad data.
Thanks guys. I really appreciate your help.
thebugslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:09 PM   #23
g.mccormick OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Im starting to play with this. Basecamp does not seem to see the City Navigator map loaded on my 60csx. In Basecamp, I can see tracks and waypoints from the 60csx. I can't select the map though. Any thoughts?
g.mccormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:26 PM   #24
g.mccormick OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I am trying to load Cannonshots tracks. I'm wanting to load the combined tracks. The unit evidently does not have enough free space on the card to do this.
The CN image also resides on the card and takes up most of the space. Can I get a bigger card and copy the CityNavigator image from the small 2GBi card to a larger card? How else would you be able to do this? The only other way I can see is that you take your laptop along and delete and put in the next days tracks. I thought people would load different days worth of tracks onto different cards, but if the map is on the car, you can't really take it out can you?!?

Am I just completely not getting something here?? That is very possible.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:28 PM   #25
250senuf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,125
Any tracks you load have to go into the onboard memory not the card. The 60cx can only write to the uSD card. It can "see" the daily track log on the uSD card but cannot use it.

You'd have to take along a laptop/netbook. 60cx onboard track capacity is 20 tracks max 500 points per track. The 62/78 have a onboard higher track/points per track capacity.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:15 PM   #26
g.mccormick OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Ok, I downloaded and installed Cannonshot's DS tracks instead of the combined tracks. This was 12 or 13 tracks long and all fit onto my 60csx.

Next question/questions.
1. When using tracks, do you just turn off the the tracks you are not on at any given time?
2. When following tracks, the dist to next does not every show anything correct? Is there a way to use a waypoint for the Dist to Next?
3. When following tracks, is there anyway to tell which direction to go or which point is 1,2,3,4? Do you just follow this little line on the screen, and not necessarily tell which direction to follow the line in?

I know these all may seem simple, but thanks for any help.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:15 PM   #27
mcnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,302
1) You can or you can give each track a different color or at least a contrasting color to adjacent tracks.

2) No not navigating tracks. You can lay down some waypoints but you will need some way to decide where you want them/ where they will be of the most help.

3) No way on GPS to identify each track point, only on computer. The 60 does support track navigation via a pointer but it only works OK. Follow the line on the screen.

Tracks don't give the same info as routes but not such a loss on the 60 as no audio so it's a matter of keeping an eye on the screen anyway.

Bruce
mcnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:38 PM   #28
Mattna
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
thanks for the responses!

Any suggestions on how I can get the full loop to appear as a single track on my Montana would be much appreciated.
I read elsewhere here about editing the code to remove some commas and a return or something from inside the track file. Then instead of importing as separate tracks in pieces it comes in whole as an author intended. Had a similar issue in iPhone w/ navigon but didn't get around to dealing with it yet, good luck.
Mattna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #29
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.mccormick View Post
Ok, I downloaded and installed Cannonshot's DS tracks instead of the combined tracks. This was 12 or 13 tracks long and all fit onto my 60csx.

Next question/questions.
1. When using tracks, do you just turn off the the tracks you are not on at any given time?
I assume this is just one big loop. If so just turn on all tracks and just start following them with zoom level at 0.2 or 800. If it is loop just make sure you start forward not backward. No navagation is required, when you come to intersection, just look down to see whaich way to turn. Every once in a while look down to make sure you have not missed a turn that you did not see.