Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2013, 01:47 PM   #17431
theDub
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
Ah, getting fancy. Easy solution: use a different browser (or switch your browser to "private" mode) for the search so that your log in cookie isn't sent. That means you get forum defaults for the search links. After that you can use the post id.
That's a good tip.
theDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:36 PM   #17432
XCRider803
Loftin' the wheel

Oddometer: 906
Quote:
Ah, getting fancy. Easy solution: use a different browser (or switch your browser to "private" mode) for the search so that your log in cookie isn't sent. That means you get forum defaults for the search links. After that you can use the post id.
Easier solution would be a sub forum.
XCRider803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:40 PM   #17433
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by XCRider803 View Post
But that's not something you can do yourself today.
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:43 PM   #17434
dwoodward
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by XCRider803 View Post
http://www.tiger800.co.uk/

dwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:49 PM   #17435
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoodward View Post
Not if you disagree with their moderation policy - like deleting posts if they don't like the (valid) arguments you made. Not my cup of tea.
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:04 PM   #17436
dwoodward
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,670
Quote:
Not if you disagree with their moderation policy - like deleting posts if they don't like the (valid) arguments you made. Not my cup of tea.
Interesting. Care to expand? Obviously, I haven't read those posts over there...

Bit of on-topic: Called a local dealer. They know nothing about fuel lines disconnecting, but there are two outstanding recalls on my bike, one for the centerstand bumper and one for the shifter return spring.

So here's a stupid question: I registered on the Triumph website. They have my VIN. Why couldn't they tell me about outstanding recalls?
dwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:27 AM   #17437
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by theDub View Post
I'm pretty good an interneting, and I find it nearly impossible to find exactly what you are looking for in the vast vastness that is this thread. Do the mods just merge every new thread about the Tiger into this enormous one? I would argue that it would make it much easier to find the information you are seeking using the forum's search feature if they just left each new thread to exist on it's own.
I've sent the mods a message asking for a Triumph area on the forum similar to the BMW one with its "Parallel universe" and stuff but they just seem to ignore it. If more people asked they might take notice.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:53 AM   #17438
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,361
Quote:
Interesting. Care to expand? Obviously, I haven't read those posts over there...

Bit of on-topic: Called a local dealer. They know nothing about fuel lines disconnecting, but there are two outstanding recalls on my bike, one for the centerstand bumper and one for the shifter return spring.

So here's a stupid question: I registered on the Triumph website. They have my VIN. Why couldn't they tell me about outstanding recalls?
I don't know how the website works but my dealer calls me to schedule the recall appointments...
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:59 AM   #17439
markbvt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
Yeah, I'm not a mileage squeezer. I'll usually install new tires for an upcoming ride or event when they get to about an eighth inch of tread left.
Yeah, I tend to replace tires long before some people think they're done too. If the center tread is no longer visible, it's considerably too late in my book. My point was that the Full Bore rear will take a surprisingly long time to go from that "hmm, going to have to replace it soon" point to actually needing to be replaced.

--mark

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more

Bennington Triumph Bash, May 29-31, 2015
markbvt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:01 AM   #17440
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,320
Quote:
I've gotten a recall notice, on a different Triumph model, via mail.
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:21 AM   #17441
KildareMan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 681
Quote:

Used to be even easier as they had a VIN page that anyone could use to check. Triumph withdrew that about 18 months or so ago.
KildareMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:03 AM   #17442
kennedy762
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
If you think the stock windscreen is worth a darn, you're crazy... I just replaced that piece of junk with a Madstad wind screen and it is phenomenal!!!! For anyone considering a new windshield, Madstad is a great buy, and was installed in less than 15 minutes.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:10 AM   #17443
XCRider803
Loftin' the wheel

Oddometer: 906
Quote:
I got a call from someone.. either Triumph or the dealer asking for a correction in my address so they could send the blinker stem recall to me via regular mail. That was weeks ago and still haven't heard from them.

On another note, how many actual recalls are there? The blinker stem is the first isn't it?
XCRider803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:15 AM   #17444
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,765
Quote:

Both of those items I believe (certainly the return spring) are service bulletins and not recall items. The turn signal stalk item is a recall item (safety=lawsuit) which is why people are being notified without any prompting. Service bulletins are not mandatory.

It's up to the individual to find out about service bulletins. There used to be a function on the triumph website where you could look up any service bulletins for your bike - no more. They obviously do this to reduce costs so fewer people get the bulletins done. It's bullshit and I told a rep a triumph how incredibly pissed I would if I were to break down due to a service bulletin issue that had I known about I would have addressed before potentially breaking down. I said ~"so now I get to waste my time and your time by having to call customer service and ask you about any outstanding technical service bulletins instead of just looking it up on the website?" "yes, when you bring your bike into your dealer for service they should check for any outstanding bulletins." So, if you do your own work you need to keep up to date on any issues on your own. Luckily thanks to forums like this word gets spread pretty quick about new bulletins.
swimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:22 AM   #17445
strider.deano
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbvt View Post
My point was that the Full Bore rear will take a surprisingly long time to go from that "hmm, going to have to replace it soon" point to actually needing to be replaced.

--mark
Mark,
After wearing out two sets of TKC80/K60 combos, I thought I'd give Full Bore's a try. Better on road than the set above and serve well enough for anything but deep mud or sand. (lowering pressure to 25/30 helped a lot for this)

I'm still on my first set of FB's...when will they wear out?
I've read 4-5k is about average.

Have you used up a set of FB's yet?
If they are like most tires, as the riding gets hotter, they seem to melt away in the middle of the trip....
The rear on mine was about half gone by 2800 miles. Now at 4500 miles I can't seem to wear it out. I did a 1000 miles a couple weekends ago and there was no noticeable loss of tread depth on the rear.

I've got a new set ready and a 2-3k trip planned in two weeks. I probably can't expect to 7000, can I?
They are pretty in inexpensive, but changing them now leaves 10-20% of the tread unused.
strider.deano is offline   Reply With Quote