ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #46
oldmonkeybut
Digital Emigrant

Oddometer: 2,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterman View Post
stand proud Roger!
Fart loudly in their direction!
they can take a man's pants, but they can't take his pride!
My sentiments exactly....And I might add wear the gown properly..Gap in the front, as it should be
Old 06-24-2013, 05:32 PM   #47
tblume
deus ex machina

Oddometer: 1,858
Aw great, Nopo and I are in Madras now on the way home from Enterprise, thought we'd visit-glad we'll miss your old butt and very glad you're in good spirits and homeward bound!
Old 06-24-2013, 11:38 PM   #48
Chip Seal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,834
Made it home! Yay
Thanks for support!
Chip
Chip Seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:21 AM   #49
DiggerD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 364
Readin' Material

Yo Chip,

Got two good books I could send up river to ya thru Zub while you are on the mend.

Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose - Meriweither Lewis, Thomas Jefferson and the opening of the American West.

Colossus by Michael Hiltzik - The turbulent thrilling saga of the building of Hoover Dam.

Two good reads that will be hard to put down and will make the day fly by.

Just make sure they get back down river.
DiggerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:21 AM   #50
tblume
deus ex machina

Oddometer: 1,858
are we going to have to bring your Friday meet-up lunch to you? Want Thai food again?

inquiring minds, dontcha know...
Old 06-26-2013, 12:32 PM   #51
Chip Seal
Beastly Adventurer

Thai food is always good!
Old 06-26-2013, 02:43 PM   #52
Scott_PDX
Leisure Engineer

Oddometer: 2,802
Glad you made it back home Roger!

When you feel up to it, I'd love to hear the rest of the story - that is if you can remember what happened. Any news on the bike?

My MotovLog (Youtube Videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/scottb572/videos

Where Am I via SPOT (Code SCT): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719703
Scott_PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:29 PM   #53
Chip Seal
Beastly Adventurer

bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_PDX View Post
Glad you made it back home Roger!

When you feel up to it, I'd love to hear the rest of the story - that is if you can remember what happened. Any news on the bike?
Bike is toasted!
Guy wanted to know if I had previously removed front fairing and windshield! LOL Speedo and insttruments are sprouting in sagebrush.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:51 PM   #54
Road Rash
Infamous

Oddometer: 18,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Seal View Post
Made it home! Yay
Thanks for support!
Chip
Good to hear

My Ride Through Roatan
Road Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:59 PM   #55
linkweewee
tantum quantum

Oddometer: 13,846
IN for bringing Roger Thai food on Friday.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:51 PM   #56
DiggerD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 364
Ride Report Request

Hey Man,

I think you need to close the loop on this and tell us what the heck happened. Some of us learn from others mistakes, some not.

It can all be a story and made up lies. Just cause it's on the net does not make it the truth.

Chip Seal run across Tar Snakes ?
DiggerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:48 PM   #57
oldmonkeybut
Digital Emigrant

Oddometer: 2,387
I can see the Headlines now.......Ferocious Asphalt Anaconda Attacks Motorcyclist.........The elusive Post/Paulina Asphalt Anacondas are quite numerous this year thanks to the mild winter. Travelers are advised to take extra precautions during this post hibernation period and avoid contact at all cost. If an encounter occurs, remain calm and cautiously evacuate the area. Items known to antagonize the Anaconda's are; Nylon Material, flashing or very bright lights, exhaust from burning Clear Premium Gasoline, Coffee and the vibrations caused by Motorcycle Tires on the roadway. The Anaconda's are known to be quite strong and capable of hurling an unsuspecting Motorcyclist great distances from the roadway causing much damage.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:12 PM   #58
Chip Seal
Beastly Adventurer

accident

No huge amount of tar snakes.
I was motoring along and blanked out. Food fatigue. Had no protein for 6 hours. Next thing I knew, I was riding the ditch. Looked down, speedo was at 50/55. Road was all sage and large rocks. Bike started to flip forward. Oh crap, this is going to hurt! I came off like a bronco rider. Landed on my right upper and spine on pile of rocks.
Took my breath away. I could only use left arm. Pain across my back and right arm. Succeeded removing my helmet.
Arai, Thank You!
Laid there trying to assess situation. Really hurt bad. Two guys pull up and started me breathing to get my mind off pain. Cell phone worked. Called 911. The two had medical experience. Gave my info to 911. Helicopter and ambulance arrived 20 minutes later along with three Crook County Deputies. A nurse had stopped as well. Three people saved my sorry butt.
The helicopter had me in ER at St Charles, Bend less than hour after incident.
I was concious whole time. ER doctor brought in neuro surgeon right away.
I had five vertebrae, #3 to7, fractured, eight right side broken ribs and fractured right scapula.
One piece Aerostitch prevented any abrasions and contusions. Arai helmet did it's job as well as Sidi dual sport boots. Boots are fine, other gear not so much.
The first two responders called me at hospital a couple days later. They have pictures of site and aftermath. I should have next week. They are involved with Crooked River Rodeo this week. LOL
Meanwhile, had sutures and staples removed this morning. Wear a clam shell plastic armor to motivate with a walker. Looks like medieval breast and back plate. Lots of velcrow and straps. I need an OriFlamme and a broadsword! Slow healing for 3 to 4 months before I can throw the football.
ATGATT works. Get a good back protector. Not sure how or if that would have helped me. Could have, could not have.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:45 PM   #59
Squishy
Positively charged

Oddometer: 1,110
WOW!!! YOU ARE A LUCKY LUCKY MAN...to have survived that & not be anymore farked up than you are.

I was riding with a guy a few years ago who blacked out on I5 at Wilsonville, the bike & he went straight across 3 lanes of traffic into the cable fence @ 70...got a small break in 1 of his toes!! A lack of food & low blood sugar.

We can't ride long hours so easily anymore without energy boost, take timeout occassionally for a snack & drink to perk you up a bit...no matter how much fun you're having!

Best of luck with the recovery.
Squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:55 AM   #60
Scott_PDX
Leisure Engineer

Oddometer: 2,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Seal View Post
No huge amount of tar snakes.
I was motoring along and blanked out. Food fatigue. Had no protein for 6 hours. Next thing I knew, I was riding the ditch. Looked down, speedo was at 50/55. Road was all sage and large rocks. Bike started to flip forward. Oh crap, this is going to hurt! I came off like a bronco rider. Landed on my right upper and spine on pile of rocks.
Took my breath away. I could only use left arm. Pain across my back and right arm. Succeeded removing my helmet.
Arai, Thank You!
Laid there trying to assess situation. Really hurt bad. Two guys pull up and started me breathing to get my mind off pain. Cell phone worked. Called 911. The two had medical experience. Gave my info to 911. Helicopter and ambulance arrived 20 minutes later along with three Crook County Deputies. A nurse had stopped as well. Three people saved my sorry butt.
The helicopter had me in ER at St Charles, Bend less than hour after incident.
I was concious whole time. ER doctor brought in neuro surgeon right away.
I had five vertebrae, #3 to7, fractured, eight right side broken ribs and fractured right scapula.
One piece Aerostitch prevented any abrasions and contusions. Arai helmet did it's job as well as Sidi dual sport boots. Boots are fine, other gear not so much.
The first two responders called me at hospital a couple days later. They have pictures of site and aftermath. I should have next week. They are involved with Crooked River Rodeo this week. LOL
Meanwhile, had sutures and staples removed this morning. Wear a clam shell plastic armor to motivate with a walker. Looks like medieval breast and back plate. Lots of velcrow and straps. I need an OriFlamme and a broadsword! Slow healing for 3 to 4 months before I can throw the football.
ATGATT works. Get a good back protector. Not sure how or if that would have helped me. Could have, could not have.
Thanks for the update Roger. Looks like somebody up there was watching out for you. 3-4 months SUCK, but still walking after that kind of wreck is a GOOD thing.

Did you have a back protector in your 'stitch'? I got a Roadcrafter 1 peice and it didn't come with one. Maybe I should look into that!

Get some good drugs and let your body heal. I got some MC Travel Books and Video's I can loan you if you need something to entertain you while you are down.

Looking forward to your "October Recovery Ride"!!!

-= Scott

My MotovLog (Youtube Videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/scottb572/videos

Where Am I via SPOT (Code SCT): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719703
Scott_PDX is offline   Reply With Quote