Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2013, 07:03 PM   #8101
kaptinkaos
Just some nOOb

Oddometer: 571
Rode the CRAP out of the 990. Now back to tinkering on the 450. Swingarm bearings and more cleaning, lol!
'07 F650GS Dakar (Gone to a good home!)
kaptinkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:06 PM   #8102
Sheep Shagger
Show me your fleece

Oddometer: 2,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by stou View Post
Really nice job!!!

Did you noticed a big difference while riding?
Thanks.

I'm one of the few that's never had a problem with the OEM screen and buffeting, so probably not the best person to ask. But have not noticed any difference.
Sheep Shagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:40 AM   #8103
Tancakar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep Shagger View Post
Thanks.

I'm one of the few that's never had a problem with the OEM screen and buffeting, so probably not the best person to ask. But have not noticed any difference.
Lol why did you do it then ? I wasn't gonna say anything but this isn't make sence :) I am assuming you just do it for fun then ..
Tancakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:10 AM   #8104
GreatWhiteHunter
Lovin' Life!

Oddometer: 341
Stator Upgrade

I changed the stator and regulator on my 530. TrailTech is above stock in image. The stock stator is supposed to be an upgraded unit as the 530 is a Six Days model. I can't believe it by the look of the windings in comparison to the TT unit.

* 2010 Ski-Doo MXZ 600 X-RS
GreatWhiteHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:58 AM   #8105
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 8,792
FYI, those LED lights worked awesome! Took a spin last night.

Some have poo-pahed the inexpensive DDM units. They are advertised as a work light, and may not hold up to the rigors of off road. Based on another inmates comments about parts coming off the board, I opened mine up and found the toublesome coils he mentioned are now epoxied to the board. They also seem to be pretty well sealed.

At 1/5 the price of a Baja Designs unit, I'll take a chance. If one dies on an infrequent night ride, I still have the other one to get me back. I'm running one flood light and one spot light. It seems to be a good combination. If I am going to be doing much road riding, I can wire the spot into my high beam switch & aim it further down the road. For now, I can just reach up and re-aim the spot when I get onto the road.

HellSickle screwed with this post 06-25-2013 at 08:32 AM
HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:32 AM   #8106
Sheep Shagger
Show me your fleece

Oddometer: 2,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tancakar View Post
Lol why did you do it then ? I wasn't gonna say anything but this isn't make sence :) I am assuming you just do it for fun then ..
I was modifying the screen for the twin light insert so did the lip at the same time purely for looks.
Sheep Shagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:02 PM   #8107
DutchVDub
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 912
275 mile ride yesterday through the CO mountains. First I snagged the tag in Fairplay.

Then we stopped for lunch in South Park.

Then after cutting across the mountain into Breckenridge and through the ring of fire that is Denver I stopped in for a pint.

Once I got home I installed the CJ Designs clutch cooler/reservoir that showed up in the mail.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:09 PM   #8108
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 8,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchVDub View Post
275 mile ride yesterday through the CO mountains. First I snagged the tag in Fairplay.

Once I got home I installed the CJ Designs clutch cooler/reservoir that showed up in the mail.
I could see where the larger reservoir would be a benefit, but a cooler? There is no measurable heat generated in the master cylinder.

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:57 PM   #8109
DutchVDub
Studly Adventurer

I don't know I wanted to flush out the system and add some bling at the same time. Plus it orange. :)
Old 06-26-2013, 11:50 AM   #8110
elron
Still Standing

Oddometer: 254
Question Clutch (fluid) cooler not brake

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post
I could see where the larger reservoir would be a benefit, but a cooler? There is no measurable heat generated in the master cylinder.
"The CJ Designs KTM hydraulic clutch cooler holds more than 3X the stock amount of fluid, and helps to keep your clutch fluid cooler and topped off."

elron
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"
elron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:43 PM   #8111
Orangecicle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,156
950 "Neked"

Finally finished the engine rebuild and got the bike running. Here's the bike as we were doing exhaust gas testing.

Orangecicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:47 PM   #8112
Two Moto Kiwis
Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer: 3,515
After putting on a prefilter it was restricting this a bit, wanting to keep the jetting factory for our trip I opened up the side triangles a little bit, use green scrubbies from the kitchen department, they cost 1 Quetzale each so about 12.5 cents each ... big spenda

This is the M1 version retained by mesh, hopefully this will derestrict it enough to hold factory jetting.......let ya know what happens .

Tomorrow we leave Antigua and head for Guatemala city till Monday then off to El Salvador.

Managed to borrow a disc grinder, did the job in our lagguage school foyer .. no one cared and they were all interested in what the whiteyfoo was doing.
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #8113
DutchVDub
Studly Adventurer

Dropped mine off at STM Suspensions to get the forks serviced. On the way there I stopped by Elite Motorsports in Loveland and rode their 990 Baja demo bike. Man did I like that. I don't know why people say the fuel injection isn't as smooth as the carbs, the bike was a lot smoother than my 950. Stock exhaust note left a lot to be desired but it was a sweet bike.

I wonder if I should buy one, wait for the 1190, or just keep my 950.

On another note, I'm really contemplating the CJ Designs dual cooling fan kit. Anybody using it? Thoughts?
Old 06-26-2013, 07:39 PM   #8114
zgfiredude
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 773
I am going to order one of the second fan kits as well.....

Tonight I went into the garage to install my new brake pads to get the %*$#@$^) squeeling to stop!! I made a special trip on Saturday to the nearest KTM store (about 45 miles) to get pads. Left the store happy. Tonight not so happy.........wrong pads.

Why me?
Old 06-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #8115
Grayjet
Ride on!

Oddometer: 392
Second cooling fan has been great on my 990. I would overheat in slow traffic after coming off of a freeway run on even moderately warm days. I installed a 2nd cooling fan and voilá, no more overheating, even in 95 degree heat. I have the lower temp sensor ready to install if needed, but haven't needed it yet.

Hope it does the trick for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchVDub View Post
Dropped mine off at STM Suspensions to get the forks serviced. On the way there I stopped by Elite Motorsports in Loveland and rode their 990 Baja demo bike. Man did I like that. I don't know why people say the fuel injection isn't as smooth as the carbs, the bike was a lot smoother than my 950. Stock exhaust note left a lot to be desired but it was a sweet bike.

I wonder if I should buy one, wait for the 1190, or just keep my 950.

On another note, I'm really contemplating the CJ Designs dual cooling fan kit. Anybody using it? Thoughts?

Putting miles on the tires!
Grayjet is offline   Reply With Quote