ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-27-2013, 09:37 AM   #61
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Oddometer: 3,812
More tracks left, that suit Honda better (on paper at least). Dani's the red hot favorite now. I don't think he's overjoyed by what happened today, though.
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:46 AM   #62
swimmer
armchair asshole
 
swimmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: tucson
Oddometer: 4,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike54 View Post
Lorenzo is tough too. .
No doubt about that.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:50 AM   #63
swimmer
armchair asshole
 
swimmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: tucson
Oddometer: 4,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Yanagita View Post

Pedrosa has hopefully absorbed the lessons in his own career and of the other riders this season: stay upright + podiums = championship.
+1
I think I mentioned this a few races ago but I think DP saw how last year turned out when he wasn't fighting some sort of injury all year long. Held a little back in the early part of the season then went silly with wins later on and nearly won the championship. I realize he was slowed a little in the early part of last year with front tire issues but IIRC he did say that he approached the early stages of last year with some caution in order to be healthy for end of the season.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:21 AM   #64
sailor22
Jay Pegg pusher
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Steamy Florida Swamps
Oddometer: 376
Not sure how these things work...... Will there be some new faces (as in factory types) in Cal's garage in the morning?
sailor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:32 AM   #65
mike54
You don't get me
 
mike54's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Oddometer: 13,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
+1
I think I mentioned this a few races ago but I think DP saw how last year turned out when he wasn't fighting some sort of injury all year long. Held a little back in the early part of the season then went silly with wins later on and nearly won the championship. I realize he was slowed a little in the early part of last year with front tire issues but IIRC he did say that he approached the early stages of last year with some caution in order to be healthy for end of the season.
He started winning after he got the new chassis didn't he? Not to say your analysis isn't correct.
__________________
A genius is the one most like himself. - T. Monk via S. Lacy

Do stand up guys lie?
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:35 AM   #66
K2vodka
Gnarly Adventurer
 
K2vodka's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: My Town Chi-Town
Oddometer: 190
I agree that this is Pedrosa's chance to finally win a championship... but he has another Spaniard who will have a say and an Italian who may end up throwing a few wrenches in the works.

Lorenzo shouldn't be out too long since the collarbone is the best bone to break if one has to go. He shouldn't miss a race but will be severely hampered for a couple and who knows after that.

It obviously all depends on the severity of the break and his ability to heal it.

Fingers cross that this doesn't blow the championship wide open. If Rossi is going to be a factor now is the time for him to show it. Crutchlow will also be pushing it hard since he wants a factory ride next year. This could throw extra gas to the fire if his added "ambition out weighs his skill" (reference from Stoner to Rossi) and takes out himself and a leader.

Should be interesting!
__________________
GO! Coffee Energy
A Cup in a Pinch
Get it done!
Whatever IT is.

www.GoCoffeeEnergy.com
K2vodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:51 AM   #67
mdubya
Right Brigade
 
mdubya's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: western, MD
Oddometer: 7,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor22 View Post
Not sure how these things work...... Will there be some new faces (as in factory types) in Cal's garage in the morning?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azi Farni @AziFarniBBC
Does this put more pressure on Rossi to score well and take points off Hondas for championship?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin Jarvis
"Rossi and Cal yes"
__________________
+0
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:59 AM   #68
swimmer
armchair asshole
 
swimmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: tucson
Oddometer: 4,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike54 View Post
He started winning after he got the new chassis didn't he? Not to say your analysis isn't correct.
Definitely it was the new chassis or a suspension change that allowed the bike to work better with the new front tire but I also think DP turned it up a notch. The head to head battle with JLo that he won and also causing Stoner to bin it in Germany while trying to keep up with DP. That race with JLo was a turning point for Pedrosa mentally IMO. I don' think I was the only one to recognize that instead of what we were used to seeing where DP would seem to settle he fought back and won. I just think in some of the races this year where DP has been passed towards the end and hasn't mounted much of a retaliation we are seeing what we saw at the beginning of last year and then in the 2nd half of the year he didn't back off.

Just one junkies opinion. It's possible I'm clueless.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:15 AM   #69
mike54
You don't get me
 
mike54's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Oddometer: 13,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
Definitely it was the new chassis or a suspension change that allowed the bike to work better with the new front tire but I also think DP turned it up a notch. The head to head battle with JLo that he won and also causing Stoner to bin it in Germany while trying to keep up with DP. That race with JLo was a turning point for Pedrosa mentally IMO. I don' think I was the only one to recognize that instead of what we were used to seeing where DP would seem to settle he fought back and won. I just think in some of the races this year where DP has been passed towards the end and hasn't mounted much of a retaliation we are seeing what we saw at the beginning of last year and then in the 2nd half of the year he didn't back off.

Just one junkies opinion. It's possible I'm clueless.
It seems like it's never any one thing. I agree that DP has shown more of a fiesty side the last couple years. I like it. I like all the front runners these days. It's hard to decide who to root for. But I'd like to see DP with a MotoGP championship or two before he's done. This year seems like the best chance he's ever had.
__________________
A genius is the one most like himself. - T. Monk via S. Lacy

Do stand up guys lie?
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:02 PM   #70
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer
 
PeteN95's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Muk, WA
Oddometer: 2,615
Bummer! But with JL out, will DP back it down a notch? And how hard will he battle with MM for the win? or with CC? or with VR??
__________________
"If you ain't slidin', you ain't ridin'"

SVN/XRR/XC-W
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:05 PM   #71
swimmer
armchair asshole
 
swimmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: tucson
Oddometer: 4,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteN95 View Post
Bummer! But with JL out, will DP back it down a notch? And how hard will he battle with MM for the win? or with CC? or with VR??
Watch, this will be the only race VR wins all year and there will be a caveat in that he only won because JLo wasn't in the race.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:05 PM   #72
viajero
Too old to be a nOOb
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Idaho
Oddometer: 2,267
Total bummer for JLo. Hope he heals quickly.

I hate to see an injury to one of the top riders, as this year was shaping up to be a real classic battle for the championship.

It will be interesting to see how Rossi responds, as well as Pedrosa and his rookie teammate, along with CC. Blood in the water.
viajero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:10 PM   #73
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome
 
yooperbikemike's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: The blue groove
Oddometer: 12,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by viajero View Post
Total bummer for JLo. Hope he heals quickly
I bet he'll be back for the sausagering.
__________________
"...people in the stands want to see good, close racing. The thing is to put on a show, and that’s what’s going to draw people in..." -- Scotty Parker



yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:19 PM   #74
mike54
You don't get me
 
mike54's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Oddometer: 13,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperbikemike View Post
I bet he'll be back for the sausagering.
I think that's a good bet. Depends on the break but he's a tough cookie.
__________________
A genius is the one most like himself. - T. Monk via S. Lacy

Do stand up guys lie?
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:52 PM   #75
Tripped1
Likely Lost.
 
Tripped1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Sandy Eggo
Oddometer: 7,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteN95 View Post
Bummer! But with JL out, will DP back it down a notch? And how hard will he battle with MM for the win? or with CC? or with VR??
If Pedro takes it down a notch he is going to end up with Markie Mark fairing deep in his butt crack.

DP better wing it because Marquez is only going to get better.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RottenScummyTroll View Post
Show folks something with a clutch and carburetor, and it's like teaching a baboon to use a Macbook.
Tripped1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014