Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #11
Xtremjeepn OP
Motorhead!

Oddometer: 1,703
I'm still waiting on parts to isolate the house battery from the chassis battery.

.....but I figure with the Pikes Peak Hill Climb coming up this weekend. I needed to push forward with a couple of misc projects.

The factory light over the table has been missing its bulbs. On top of that the circuit board didn't seem to work as I couldn't get power to pass through it. So I took it completely apart and added a 20 LED 2x3" light board in place of the bulbs. Wired it through the factory switch.

I don't know if any of you ever noticed. The rear light above the bed had been replaced by the previous owner with a VERY ghettofab set up. You can see it here in the background.

Among the parts I got from the lady I helped fix her van was this florescent fixture. It was stock on some years in the spot above the tabel where my other light is.

I wired it in to the house battery in the back. Looks MUCH better. The bulb was good so I left it for the moment.

Here is both of them on in a completely dark garage. Ultimately I'm going to add some LED rope lighting for mood and lighting in other spots of the van. But this will get it up and running for this race weekend.

06 KTM 950 Adventure(The Fainting Goat)
02 F650GS DAKAR
2 KLR650s Travel bikes http://coffeemotorcycleswine.blogspot.com/
Xtremjeepn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: